Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
RB Trucking
CF Newbie

Did my first oil change today and found out i have a leak in the antifreeze!

Well i did my first oil change today ill tell ya what surprised me was how tight the bolts are thats one thing id like to ask is if i dont make it exactly as tight as it was before witch to be honest i dont think is humanly possible does it matter? Its a good thing i did it though cuz otherwise i would have never realized i have an antifreeze leak it was completely dry but i always check the temp and the car never has overheated i replaced it emmideately nonetheless. I was wondering can you just put water in there during the summer i think someone told me u can. Is this alright?
RB Trucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Trucking
Well i did my first oil change today ill tell ya what surprised me was how tight the bolts are thats one thing id like to ask is if i dont make it exactly as tight as it was before witch to be honest i dont think is humanly possible does it matter? Its a good thing i did it though cuz otherwise i would have never realized i have an antifreeze leak it was completely dry but i always check the temp and the car never has overheated i replaced it emmideately nonetheless. I was wondering can you just put water in there during the summer i think someone told me u can. Is this alright?

I'm trying to see if I missed something here (periods help break down a paragraph. You know, what you learn in like grade 2). But...what did you replace? The antifreeze? The leak? HUH?

Oh and you don't want to tighten the drain plug too tight...because you can rip the threads out, and then you might need an oil pan. But, you said...bolts...so again you've confused the hell out of me.

I give this thread a 1.2 out of 10.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
RB Trucking
CF Newbie

ya ill tell ya u know what i cant even talk to u ****ing people u people here are such assholes it aint even funny. I cant make one god damn thread without someone having something to say about it! This is unbelievable if I knew everything there was to know about cars i wouldnt ****ing be here would i?
RB Trucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
azkid110
CF Enthusiast

It depends on what bolts, but like he said for the drain plug not TOO tight.

using just water isn't the best idea, using antifreeze prevents rust, corrosion, and bad stuff. ive heard they use just water in race cars, but thats another story.

I see what you mean about ppl not being.. nice, but that wasn't that mean or anything. you just need to be clear in what you post bro.
azkid110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Wrong forum.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #6
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
ya ill tell ya u know what i cant even talk to u ****ing people u people here are such assholes it aint even funny. I cant make one god damn thread without someone having something to say about it! This is unbelievable if I knew everything there was to know about cars i wouldnt ****ing be here would i?

What you wrote didn't make any sense! And to make it worse, your punctuation made it more difficult to understand. I'm not trying to insult you, just help you get your question answered. If you wrote a coherent paragraph with all the facts, you might get an answer.

Seriously, read your first post again and tell me if it makes sense.

And now I'm being nice, offering you some advice after you called me a ****ing asshole.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
That post really didn't help your case, as the censorship hampers the punctuation...

And if I've read correctly, you HAVE been helped....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote