Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 AM   #16
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
Here is what im thinking. I got an oil change coming soon, so im gona use the engine block cleaner. But first il use the STP fuel injector cleaner with Jet Fuel. I heard it works wonders. If none of that helps, il get a new fuel filter and then the MSD coil, plugs, and wires.

I almost forgot! Get some Seafoam and run through it, providing you look up/ask someone how to properly do it. It will clean out all the extra oil gunk out of your motor. Don't know EXACTLY how it works but it cleans out your motor, and no you don't have to change your oil or somethin after doing it.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:41 AM   #17
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I almost forgot! Get some Seafoam and run through it, providing you look up/ask someone how to properly do it. It will clean out all the extra oil gunk out of your motor. Don't know EXACTLY how it works but it cleans out your motor, and no you don't have to change your oil or somethin after doing it.
I think il stick with the cleaner lol. I cant get seafoam here anyway.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:48 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I think il stick with the cleaner lol. I cant get seafoam here anyway.
Yes you can. Just walk into any NAPA, Advance or AutoZone and ask for it. I know they've got those where you live.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:52 AM   #19
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yes you can. Just walk into any NAPA, Advance or AutoZone and ask for it. I know they've got those where you live.
Wait is it some kind of formula or like foam from the ocean waves? Thats what I thought at first. I mean someone said when debadging the car, use peanut butyter to get the glue lines off. So I wasnt quite sure as if he meant a formula or real seafoam.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:56 AM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Wait is it some kind of formula or like foam from the ocean waves? Thats what I thought at first. I mean someone said when debadging the car, use peanut butyter to get the glue lines off. So I wasnt quite sure as if he meant a formula or real seafoam.
I thought you kids were supposed to know more about searching the net than old guys like me.

Sea Foam

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #21
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I thought you kids were supposed to know more about searching the net than old guys like me.

Sea Foam
My mechanic said to try this
"STP Fuel Injector Cleaner with Feul Jet". Said its helped other customers before. He can easily change my injector, but he said to try to clean it out first.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
"STP Fuel Injector Cleaner with Feul Jet". Said its helped other customers before. He can easily change my injector, but he said to try to clean it out first.
I would stick with Lucas or Sea Foam. I run one can every 5k miles through everything I own. Luckily I buy it by the case. I've found from experience on customer cars that for a car that has had maintenance neglected the Sea Foam seems to make the most short term improvement but Lucas when used regularly keeps the system in better shape. That's based on non-scientific, long term experience. On the other hand, if you have a bad injector, no type of fuel treatment will help it. Replace it or at least perform a complete injection system cleaning. Then probably replace it.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #23
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

i think we had a huge thread in the forums of the proper use of SeaFoam...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #24
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Doesn't work as well I used both on my last car.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote