Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #76
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
hey be careful with that wrx i have a buddy 06 wrx stage 3 everything keeps up with stock sti launched at 5,000rpm and tranny went, car just made a loud pop noise and just stood there lol thats their weak spot, dont go crazy with it of the line, transfer a good amount of power on ur clutch and let it slip out instead (need practice), cheaper to replace clutch then new tranny
You aren't teaching him a f*ckin' thing. He won't remember or won't use that general-ass sh*t you just threw out there. If he got the bitch, he knows the bitch.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #77
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Once again newyorker talks himself into a wall. And we all feel just a little bit better about ourselves.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #78
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
If your car were to have the engine you're talking about, you ain't gettin' 13's. No. No. No.

SRT-4's struggle to get high 13's.

The new Caliber SRT-4 gets 14's.

But wait...the truth is you don't know any "7th gen k20 swap owners". Because really, who does that shit? What a waist of f*ckin' money. I'd rather buy a cheap Del-Sol and strip/turbo the bitch to 13's.

I do know this....I'm running low 12's...on street tires.

Bitches.

K24a1 Block (stock)
k20z3 head (Stock)

youre right...nobody does it

dumbass
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #79
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

So you didn't answer me this before, who's doing the swap?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #80
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
...shit at least my car takes corners now after the swap its gona be in the mid 13s and il be road racing it as well. sucks that you are jelous but i understand.
Can I assume you were being sarcastic there?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #81
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy

No, he's totally serial. He's going to road race it against an Elantra for pinks, spin out of control, hit a car, then make a run for it, and post all about it here on CF.

I'm actually really curious to see how this turns out. He could be lying, but he could be telling the truth....

Either way, the only way for us to believe you, NY, is for you to post a pic of your receipt of the deposit. That too hard?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #82
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
why would i do that?? if I upload it with my name blurred people will talk shit still...and im not leaving my name and address on there, besides i dont owe anyone shit. besides they will all see it whenthe time comes

Your name's Alex....

that's no secret.
-----------

How many times do we have to say this? DO NOT MAKE CLAIMS WITHOUT BACKING THEM UP!!!

And if you think 13-15 dollars an hour is a lot, then you need a wake-up call, particularly in the form of supporting yourself.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #83
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Your name's Alex....

that's no secret.
-----------

How many times do we have to say this? DO NOT MAKE CLAIMS WITHOUT BACKING THEM UP!!!

And if you think 13-15 dollars an hour is a lot, then you need a wake-up call, particularly in the form of supporting yourself.
i live at home and am in college...for me 13-15 an hour is great pay compared to what my friends are making

Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #84
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
So you didn't answer me this before, who's doing the swap?
I have 2 shops in mind as of now.

shop one is the shop that did my transmission repair it is a newer place so they might be able to toss me a discount in return of me spreading the word of their place (word of mouth and they said they might do some graphic work on the car) this shop is still looking into the procedures behind it before they give me a price

shop two is the shop that did my alignment..i dont think i will get much from them sponsor wise because they are mostly RWD oriented. they have a few shop cars that they take to local race events, and are currently working on a Lexus GS430 (i believe) drift car

Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #85
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
road racing isnt street racing. road racing is racing around a track...at least here its nicked that. things like LeMans, F1, etc. could be called road racing..of course my car wont be on that level, but just clearing it up

Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #86
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
No, he's totally serial. He's going to road race it against an Elantra for pinks, spin out of control, hit a car, then make a run for it, and post all about it here on CF.

I'm actually really curious to see how this turns out. He could be lying, but he could be telling the truth....

Either way, the only way for us to believe you, NY, is for you to post a pic of your receipt of the deposit. That too hard?
Il consider it. in the meantime im more concerned with working and makin money for it all
i am looking at install cost, as well as 420 for the mount adapters, 300 for the redone wiring harness, and 350 for the axles all from hasport, plus the cost of the engine, plus the cost of the labor (hopefully i can get a deal here but im looking at at least 600 id assume)

Old 11-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #87
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
road racing isnt street racing. road racing is racing around a track...at least here its nicked that. things like LeMans, F1, etc. could be called road racing..of course my car wont be on that level, but just clearing it up
Ok fair enough....I just saw it as the same as street racing.....But then again, in your scenario, surely it would mean the same thing....

One other thing, I know you can use the 'quote' function, so please refrain from posting more than one post at a time (same goes for everybody obviously...)

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #88
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Ok fair enough....I just saw it as the same as street racing.....But then again, in your scenario, surely it would mean the same thing....

One other thing, I know you can use the 'quote' function, so please refrain from posting more than one post at a time (same goes for everybody obviously...)
I think you meant the "edit" function lol.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #89
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I think you meant the "edit" function lol.
No, I meant the "quote" function...I was referring to newyorker (and others) replying to each individual member in different posts, rather than quoting them all in the same post...

Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #90
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
No, I meant the "quote" function...I was referring to newyorker (and others) replying to each individual member in different posts, rather than quoting them all in the same post...
Ohh, just clearing it up for the other members lol