Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:57 AM   #181
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariman666
hahaha your so ****ing dumb its funny i went to citgo i used super unleaded and it was 2.05 a gallon its down the street from me and i know ever car has horsepower and torque and that it has to rev at high rpms to get up there but i dont need more torque than horsepower when im not driving a truck with shit in the back horsePOWER is what lets you go fast
No, it isn't!! don't say "more torque than horsepower" because they are totally different, and not comparable like that.

It doesn't matter what you've got in the back.... If you and I were driving a car that's exactly the same weight, but I was getting more torque at the wheels, then I would accelerate quicker than you. The only way you could match me with a less torque-y engine would be to spin it faster, and putting a different gearbox in, which would in effect give you the same amount of torque at the wheels.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #182
ferrariman666
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
No, it isn't!! don't say "more torque than horsepower" because they are totally different, and not comparable like that.

It doesn't matter what you've got in the back.... If you and I were driving a car that's exactly the same weight, but I was getting more torque at the wheels, then I would accelerate quicker than you. The only way you could match me with a less torque-y engine would be to spin it faster, and putting a different gearbox in, which would in effect give you the same amount of torque at the wheels.
no shit torque is what start you off but it do shit for speed and why do you think trucks have a lot of torque??????
Old 08-02-2005, 07:08 AM   #183
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
no shit torque is what start you off but it do shit for speed and why do you think trucks have a lot of torque??????
trucks have torque for pulling power, fast cars have torque for acceleration ... two different applications.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #184
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
first they are called headers
hot header
and i think i have 250 because the car feels really powerful
i dont care much for horsepower
im a torque person
my last car has 140 horsepower 180 torque

You have a 4 cylinder car. That means 1 HEADER a.k.a exhaust manifold. You cant just get in a car, drive it, and say "oh, this feels like 250 hp here". Take it to a dyno. Dont come on a forum braggin about power you dont even know that you have, or parts you dont even have installed. In that case, my TA (which has about 190 hp, but we all know the logic is a lying bitch) feels like it has 600 hp. I could beat a Supra!

Quote:
yea bro i got major plans for that shit
it was all i could afford
im on a highschool budget
i got the ar for 2500 bux being all the money i had saved
so dont go bagging it
i still gota do so much shit to it
im in debt with my parents because i ordered shit for it
its not cool to say shit like that
i would never do that to you
i came here to get advice
not to take shit from little arrogant people like you, Oomba, and C4Power who is now banned

I've mentioned this before. I know plenty of people, who have cars much better than yours, that they bought themselves in highschool. Sounds like you werent shopping around much if the best you could find was a Neon for 2500 dollars.

Quote:
Just wana say i apretiate all of the people taking my side here. My car dont have 250 horsepower, and other members dont have power either. But I would much rather not go racing on friday night but get the club together and wax our cars or do small things like rewiring speakers or whatnot. Thats why I got this club together. We are not a racing club. We are just a car club.

So basically, you're just friends that tune their cars. Is their really a need to call yourself a "club"? Why not call yourselves a car building "crew", thatd be mad tight, yo. Niggz get all the ladies in crews.

Quote:
it dont matter to you
ur just a noob
youll go and piss off foorball fans and nfl forums and all that
and then youll go to bodybuilding forums and call the people there juice monkeys
lol
and i sleep in a bed with my girl
not on a stack of hey in the middle of northbuck tennessee

Sleep in bed with your girl? Well according to your previous brilliant post, you are in highschool. And saying you're in debt with your parents implies that you live with them. So the only girl I can see you sleeping with is your sister. And dude, thats sick, dont sleep with your sister.

Hondaman, it takes me probably 5-10 minutes to get to the gas station thats down the road and back. If he went on google to find information, he wouldve actually spread the info he found by now.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:17 AM   #185
ferrariman666
CF Newbie

yeh hondamans a duche and so is this aulstralian guy he may be right but hes getting on my ****ing nerves nit picking at everything i say
Old 08-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #186
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
yeh hondamans a duche and so is this aulstralian guy he may be right but hes getting on my ****ing nerves nit picking at everything i say
nitpicking? you asked someone why they like torque more than power ... so I asked you why you liked power more than torque. Don't make comments if you can't substantiate them.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #187
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
He only gets on you nerves cause well...He's Right Good you noticed though

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
Old 08-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #188
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Has any one else noticed that naerly every topic that starts of talking about hondas turns in to a ricer thread and then a big argument?

It's funny.

No offence to 6000LE or Hondas.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #189
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

i get the feeling that yall have not had sex in a while? mighty amounts of tension in this thread.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #190
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
yeh it was 2.05 a gallon and the octane rating was your mom and you dont know were i live so how would you know how far it takes now thats just stupid

i would love to know where you live...

just so i can get super unleaded for 2.05 a gallon... it's like like 2.45 for midgrade and 2.55 for premium where i am...

Old 08-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #191
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Just wana say i apretiate all of the people taking my side here. My car dont have 250 horsepower, and other members dont have power either. But I would much rather not go racing on friday night but get the club together and wax our cars or do small things like rewiring speakers or whatnot. Thats why I got this club together. We are not a racing club. We are just a car club.

Except in the beginning you called it a street racing team and you HAD 250 hp.

Quote:
MAD Tuners

Welcome to MAD tuners, one of the few racing clubs in the city on nothing but a high school budget. Joined together for one mission, cars, MAD tuners are the best example of what can be done with determination and ridiculously impossible ideas. MAD tuners include Mike, Alex, and Dmitry.

MADís leader and founder, Alex is also arguably the most knowledgeable in the group. The Neon may seem puny, but underneath the hood itís pumping a healthy 250 ponies and then some more at the wheels. The CPU is probably the most noted performance upgrade done in the underestimated domestic. If he goes from automatic to manual (which is being thought over right now), I wouldnít even think of looking at that car. Not being a fan of stereotypical tuners he doesnít have distasteful body kits and a muffler or a huge wing, but just a good old fashioned fun to drive car.

The intriguing style and performance of the car makes him arguably the fastest neon in Philly and maybe all of the east coast.

The reason people are getting on your case is that you've been lying, with a ricer ATTITUDE.

Being a ricer means putting a couple bolt ons on a fairly slow car and thinking you're faster than everything out there. And you used Ricer math to do it. AND you argued about it! You actually said stiffer springs made your car accellerate faster so it FEELS like it has 250 hp! You actually SAID those things! That's the attitude that gets you labelled as a ricer, not just here but ANY serious car forum.

You really need to learn to knock that attitude off, as it actually CAUSES people to respond to you the way, say, Oomba has. I completely disagree with Oomba about Civics, and the validity of economy cars as bases to build performance cars from, but dude, YOUR attitude and the lies you posted in the first post in the thread, are why people like him feel like he does.

Oh, and in response to the claims in your first post...

Do you know of Howell Automotive? http://www.howellautomotive.com/ They are an east coast Neon tuner. My buddy, Don Howard, from here in Baltimore, owns a Neon that would SPANK yours, HARD. One of the first All-Motor Neons to run in the 12s in daily driver trim.

This unassuming sleeper neon runs 9.8 @ 145mph in the quarter:

And I know of dozens more in the Jersey/Delaware/MD/Pennsylvania region.

See, what I'm talking about is your cocky, arrogant, "I can beat anything with a nearly stock economy car" attitude, and it took 11 pages for you to say "well, we're really not a race team, and I really don't have 250 hp"

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 PM   #192
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
yeh it was 2.05 a gallon and the octane rating was your mom and you dont know were i live so how would you know how far it takes now thats just stupid

Dude, we don't need MORE stupid people on this board. Get a clue, or get lost.

Seriously, we have our hands full with ignorant ricers and equally ignorant anti-ricers. There's got to be a way of getting people to knock off the attitude and quit acting 12.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #193
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

You don't understand the relationship between torque and horsepower, do you?

The ONLY thing that accellerates you and creates power is torque. Even if we are talking hp at high rpm, it's just a derived number from the amount of TORQUE at that rpm.

In racing, it's better to make torque at high rpm than low, becaeu you cn take advantage of gearing. BUT, in 99% of non drag racing driving, torque is very important. It's what pulls you out of corners, it's what allows you to accellerate smoothly to pass. It's what the gearing multiplies to put to the ground. it's not JUST about towing or puling heavy loads.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #194
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Ooh...the octane rating was my mom...OMG that's like sooo 8th grade...

Quote:
ROFL!! When backed into a corner, the little kiddies just insult everyone...
He woudn't be nitpicking if what you said wasn't completely and totally wrong.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #195
6000LE
Banned

ok so you are all busting my balls because i made a wrong assumption
and my car is not a drag racer like the one pointed out by ChrisV or whatever
i dont have 250 horsepower
so what
i love my car nad thats that
and about calling it a crew...thats really stupid
like "were a car crew"
what the hell is that supposed to mean
and i think the ferrari kid might be driving a Callaway C4