Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #16
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
You guys get 10 people to say that I was wrong in this, and I'll unlock it. Till then...I will stand by my decision.

(from the looks of it)
1)hobo
2)me
3)chris knows
4)talonchik
5)adam
6)pythias
7)stem
8)maybe newyorker
9)maybe jedimario

so 1-3 more?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #17
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
(from the looks of it)
1)hobo
2)me
3)chris knows
4)talonchik
5)adam
6)pythias
7)stem
8)maybe newyorker
9)maybe jedimario

so 1-3 more?

It's pretty much lost its point by now...I'd like to see it opened again, but not many people left to comment on it...

BTW Why is everyone being so hard on Satty? Big deal, he locked a thread...Jeez, acting like he bombed China
Old 12-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
does someone need to call the waaambulance?

Yes someone does.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It's pretty much lost its point by now...I'd like to see it opened again, but not many people left to comment on it...

BTW Why is everyone being so hard on Satty? Big deal, he locked a thread...Jeez, acting like he bombed China
It's just hobo getting on his high horse again because CF isn't run the way he wants it run....if ya ask me, he needs to grow up....or get out more....or both. Lets face it, if he had his way, CF would be full of old, revived threads and flaming....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #20
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It's just hobo getting on his high horse again because CF isn't run the way he wants it run....if ya ask me, he needs to grow up....or get out more....or both. Lets face it, if he had his way, CF would be full of old, revived threads and flaming....

Thank god he is the admin..none of us (well, I should say "you" seeing as how I haven't been here for a while) "regular" members wouldn't be here. And if we were, we'd be flamed for farting 200 miles away from them....

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #21
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Seems like we have ourselves a problem. Rules say not to revive old threads, but also say to search for old threads before making new threads about something. Therefore you could never post.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #22
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Seems like we have ourselves a problem. Rules say not to revive old threads, but also say to search for old threads before making new threads about something. Therefore you could never post.

Ding!!!!

And in this case, Hobo's right, thogh he WAS going around reviving old threads on purpose...

But still, the sentiment is right.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ding!!!!

And in this case, Hobo's right, thogh he WAS going around reviving old threads on purpose...

But still, the sentiment is right.
Is there a way to revive old threads by accident? And I still don't understand what's wrong with reviving old threads if they still have useful information or have some entertainment value.

That's okay, we can fix that.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:49 PM   #24
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Is there a way to revive old threads by accident? And I still don't understand what's wrong with reviving old threads if they still have useful information or have some entertainment value.

I think what he meant was you did it on the purposeful intent on it getting "noticed" as you did it repeatedly. And actually some people do revive old threads accidentally, mostly noobs who dont pay attention to the dates.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #25
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:

Well technically, not all the threads you revived had useful content nor were they all entertaining. There was one or more in the R&M section that had no use, you just said like one word.

I don't really see why it's a bad thing this thread is closed because you can still watch the video, you just can't post so why complain. I'm not gonna choose sides (Hobo vs. The Mods) cause that would just be pointless, if people don't like how it's done then try to communicate and express yourself in a proper way and maybe work something out rationally.

Like c'mon guys (and girls), it's not a big deal, it's just a video (which can also be found on ebaums).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I think what he meant was you did it on the purposeful intent on it getting "noticed" as you did it repeatedly. And actually some people do revive old threads accidentally, mostly noobs who dont pay attention to the dates.
That's very astute of you. Of course you revive a thread to get it noticed. It's the same reason somebody bumps a help or classified thread or even starts a thread to begin with. If people didn't want SOMETHING to get noticed, they wouldn't post it so there would be no need for forums in the first place. After all, you posted this response and quoted my last post for the purpose of... wait for it... to get it noticed, at least by me. It worked, the system isn't broken.

Should we lock every thread as soon as it's started because somebody wants it noticed? Doesn't make sense to me either.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well technically, not all the threads you revived had useful content nor were they all entertaining. There was one or more in the R&M section that had no use, you just said like one word.

I don't really see why it's a bad thing this thread is closed because you can still watch the video, you just can't post so why complain. I'm not gonna choose sides (Hobo vs. The Mods) cause that would just be pointless, if people don't like how it's done then try to communicate and express yourself in a proper way and maybe work something out rationally.

Like c'mon guys (and girls), it's not a big deal, it's just a video (which can also be found on ebaums).
Two words for you. Thought police. Just because you don't find something useful or entertaining, does that mean that nobody might? Just because you don't see the value in something, does that mean somebody else can't. The Off Topic part of this forum is filled with threads pertaining to video games and right now one about football. Those threads have zero interest to me and are complete waste of space in my opinion. BUT, and this is a crucial but. You and others find them enjoyable, interesting and maybe even useful. Because they're of no value to me, should I call to have them locked or deleted. Absolutely not.

How can you have a free exchange of thoughts, ideas, knowledge just plain fun when censorship of the kind you find acceptable is in place. The answer is you can't

Old 12-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #28
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Two words for you. Thought police. Just because you don't find something useful or entertaining, does that mean that nobody might? Just because you don't see the value in something, does that mean somebody else can't. The Off Topic part of this forum is filled with threads pertaining to video games and right now one about football. Those threads have zero interest to me and are complete waste of space in my opinion. BUT, and this is a crucial but. You and others find them enjoyable, interesting and maybe even useful. Because they're of no value to me, should I call to have them locked or deleted. Absolutely not.

How can you have a free exchange of thoughts, ideas, knowledge just plain fun when censorship of the kind you find acceptable is in place. The answer is you can't
So althought this post http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1185 has no point to me, it valueable to other long term members? The only thing you said was "okay". Hobo, I'm not against you or against having fun as I am a fan of both and I respect you, but I also respect most of the Mods decisions (as you were still gone when this place almost went to hell... again, until 'Super Mods' were created). They have done more then you probably think they have lately.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #29
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
So althought this post http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1185 has no point to me, it valueable to other long term members? The only thing you said was "okay". Hobo, I'm not against you or against having fun as I am a fan of both and I respect you, but I also respect most of the Mods decisions (as you were still gone when this place almost went to hell... again, until 'Super Mods' were created). They have done more then you probably think they have lately.
Did your read my entire post before you responded? Did you notice the word entertaining? Another word I forgot but was working towards is participation. Notice you also participated in that thread after the revival, and based on the smiley it looked like you were enjoying yourself.

It's a real simple process and it doesn't require anybody to do your thinking for you. If you don't want to be part of a thread, new or old, do just like I do with the aforementioned video game threads... Don't join in. It's as easy as doing nothing.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #30
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Is there a way to revive old threads by accident?

sure there is... like when newbs answer a 2-year-old question from someone because they didn't read the post date...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote