Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 08:22 AM   #31
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
You have to wonder who the attention whore really is...VW with his 6.33 posts per day count, or SynT's 1.99 post per day count. Seems VW whores the forums pretty hard compared to her...over 3x as hard.

And if I had to make a generalization, it is that most of VW's post since I have joined(since I'm not going to read 7k+ posts) are for the most part bitching people out for one thing or another.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #32
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master
 
67Coronet383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Under a hood, Georgia
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
You have to wonder who the attention whore really is...VW with his 6.33 posts per day count, or SynT's 1.99 post per day count. Seems VW whores the forums pretty hard compared to her...over 3x as hard.

And if I had to make a generalization, it is that most of VW's post since I have joined(since I'm not going to read 7k+ posts) are for the most part bitching people out for one thing or another.
Yeah, a big percentage of his posts are nothing but him telling people how wrong they are (in which he's 99% correct in) bashing them, telling them they're a waste of oxygen, ect, to show he thinks he's smarter and has a higher purpose. Basically he's the type of attention whore that wants attention to lift himself up by putting others down. After all, his shit gets him no where, so if he can put others down he can seem higher up. The way I see it, the more he bitches the only thing that gets him higher is the prick up his ass growing taller. Everyone on this forum that isn't a pansie-assed suck up and an ass kisser will agree.
__________________
67Coronet383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #33
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383
Yeah, a big percentage of his posts are nothing but him telling people how wrong they are (in which he's 99% correct in) bashing them, telling them they're a waste of oxygen, ect, to show he thinks he's smarter and has a higher purpose. Basically he's the type of attention whore that wants attention to lift himself up by putting others down. After all, his shit gets him no where, so if he can put others down he can seem higher up. The way I see it, the more he bitches the only thing that gets him higher is the prick up his ass growing taller. Everyone on this forum that isn't a pansie-assed suck up and an ass kisser will agree.
Little boys like you make me laugh. Take a few minutes and read your own litany of posts on this forum. The only useful purpose you serve is... Well none that I can think of. Even the way you word your last sentence in the above post. You don't come right out and say it, you don't accuse anyone directly, but you make it very clear that if someone doesn't agree with you that they're "a pansie-assed suck up and an ass kisser". Give me a break Twinkie, we're not all still in the fifth grade like you.

I was wrong. Little miss thing isn't the #1 attention whore one this forum. You are. How about showing us your great history of helping others, or are you just exactly what you call me, a hypocrite (note the correct spelling jerkoff). You are now and always have been nothing but a lying, conniving shitstarter. Go away and grow up little boy.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #34
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master
 
67Coronet383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Under a hood, Georgia
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Little boys like you make me laugh. Take a few minutes and read your own litany of posts on this forum. The only useful purpose you serve is... Well none that I can think of. Even the way you word your last sentence in the above post. You don't come right out and say it, you don't accuse anyone directly, but you make it very clear that if someone doesn't agree with you that they're "a pansie-assed suck up and an ass kisser". Give me a break Twinkie, we're not all still in the fifth grade like you.

I was wrong. Little miss thing isn't the #1 attention whore one this forum. You are. How about showing us your great history of helping others, or are you just exactly what you call me, a hypocrite (note the correct spelling jerkoff). You are now and always have been nothing but a lying, conniving shitstarter. Go away and grow up little boy.
Oh now that makes you a big man. If I was a little boy in the fifth grade, you'd be a real bastard saying that to me. Did I ever say anything about helping anyone? OH - No. So why did you say that? Oh yeah, because you know what I said is true and you tried to pull me down in your shit-pit with you. Too bad you can't find bashing articals to copy and paste on here that would fit. All I can think of is...

__________________
67Coronet383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383
Oh now that makes you a big man. If I was a little boy in the fifth grade, you'd be a real bastard saying that to me. Did I ever say anything about helping anyone? OH - No. So why did you say that? Oh yeah, because you know what I said is true and you tried to pull me down in your shit-pit with you. Too bad you can't find bashing articals to copy and paste on here that would fit. All I can think of is...
It readily apparent that that's all you can think of because that's all you ever post. Looking to get banned again Twinkie, because you're pushing all the right buttons?

As for me, I'm done. I have neither the time or volition to argue with a small minded whiney bitch like you. You've once again hijacked two threads and made them all about you. No surprise there. You should be very proud of yourself. Have a nice day.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #36
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master
 
67Coronet383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Under a hood, Georgia
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
It readily apparent that that's all you can think of because that's all you ever post. Looking to get banned again Twinkie, because you're pushing all the right buttons?

As for me, I'm done. I have neither the time or volition to argue with a small minded whiney bitch like you. You've once again hijacked two threads and made them all about you. No surprise there. You should be very proud of yourself. Have a nice day.
Good. It's about time you shut up. And BS, apparently you have plently of time to waste 8,000 posts on an online car forum? Come on dipshit, who are you trying to fool. Blind people stupid people or all of the above? Sorry to steal your spotlight. There is still one on you, but it makes you a little more transparent. Truthlight shall we call it. So if you're finished, I'm finished.
__________________
67Coronet383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #37
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #38
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Coronet383
Good. It's about time you shut up. And BS, apparently you have plently of time to waste 8,000 posts on an online car forum? Come on dipshit, who are you trying to fool. Blind people stupid people or all of the above? Sorry to steal your spotlight. There is still one on you, but it makes you a little more transparent. Truthlight shall we call it. So if you're finished, I'm finished.

This is an online car forum. This forum is for people to talk about CARS. If you want to discuss life, either make a thread in the off-topic section or don't waste space. Hobo doesn't start bashing people out of nowhere. It is only done in response to people's ignorance. How many times have we seen someone ask for car help and receive a stupid answer that's no where near true? If you give a stupid half-thought answer that is confusing the person even more, hobo will rightfully bash you for it.

When it comes to cars, he definetely knows the most by far (this is excluding ChrisV) on this forum. If you give a right answer that makes sense, he won't say anything. But if you type in some false BS, he will use his superior car knowledge to make you look like a moron. If you do it repeatedly, then he will ALWAYS make you look like a moron.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #39
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
This is an online car forum. This forum is for people to talk about CARS. If you want to discuss life, either make a thread in the off-topic section or don't waste space. Hobo doesn't start bashing people out of nowhere. It is only done in response to people's ignorance. How many times have we seen someone ask for car help and receive a stupid answer that's no where near true? If you give a stupid half-thought answer that is confusing the person even more, hobo will rightfully bash you for it.

When it comes to cars, he definetely knows the most by far (this is excluding ChrisV) on this forum. If you give a right answer that makes sense, he won't say anything. But if you type in some false BS, he will use his superior car knowledge to make you look like a moron. If you do it repeatedly, then he will ALWAYS make you look like a moron.
That I dont agree on. How many times have we seen a new person come and join the forums asking for help, and hobo to the rescue with insults and mockery? More than enough im afraid
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #40
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
That I dont agree on. How many times have we seen a new person come and join the forums asking for help, and hobo to the rescue with insults and mockery? More than enough im afraid
You once again are publically displaying your selective, lopsided memory along with a total lack of intellectual honesty. If you take an honest assessment, you'll see that I directly help far more than I harrass and even the ones I harrass I'm ususally attempting to help. Most of the time they're just too stupid to figure it out because their feelings are more important than information.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #41
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
That I dont agree on. How many times have we seen a new person come and join the forums asking for help, and hobo to the rescue with insults and mockery? More than enough im afraid

Anyone who comes to the forums, doesn't read the rules, and states "Hi. I am having trouble starting my engine. I have replaced [insert 50 different car parts] and it still doesn't work. Please help." deserves to be bashed.

However, if they read the rules, introduce themselves, fully explain what car they're talking about, etc. chances are he will help. I know he has helped me before on a couple of occasions.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #42
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You once again are publically displaying your selective, lopsided memory along with a total lack of intellectual honesty. If you take an honest assessment, you'll see that I directly help far more than I harrass and even the ones I harrass I'm ususally attempting to help. Most of the time they're just too stupid to figure it out because their feelings are more important than information.
Lets see..when someone for example asks this

Hi. I am new here and i need help. my car's headlights dont turn on. i checked the bulbs, the fuse, and the battery runs fine. what can it be?

your response would be somewhere on the lines of

you are a moron. you have shown no information about the occurance of the problem. stop wasting bandwith

(dramatization)

You call that helping people? That isnt direct or inderect advice. Its just rude.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #43
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Anyone who comes to the forums, doesn't read the rules, and states "Hi. I am having trouble starting my engine. I have replaced [insert 50 different car parts] and it still doesn't work. Please help." deserves to be bashed.

However, if they read the rules, introduce themselves, fully explain what car they're talking about, etc. chances are he will help. I know he has helped me before on a couple of occasions.
What rules? Rules dont state anything about being extra kiss-ass to get good with the bum on the forum. Youve never had your car break (except for the fuel pressure sensor), and vlad's dad told you the problem there.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #44
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Lets see..when someone for example asks this

Hi. I am new here and i need help. my car's headlights dont turn on. i checked the bulbs, the fuse, and the battery runs fine. what can it be?

You have been banned 50 times, made 50,000 posts, and I still bet you didn't read the rules (dramatization):

GUIDELINES FOR REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE FORUM USE

Disclaimer: While the following guidelines cannot cover every situation, by using them and applying some good old fashioned common sense you will find your experience in this forum, and all the rest of the forums for that matter, a much more pleasurable and productive experience.

1. When asking questions about your car please provide year, make, model, engine size, and transmission type as a minimum. Of course any other pertinent information will be needed as well for example, if you have trouble with an inoperative window we need to know if they’re power or manual and knowing if it’s a two or four door may be helpful as well.

2. If there have been any repairs or maintenance performed on the car recently, this may be important so let us know. Also, if there is any past history of this or a related problem let us know that along with what was done to resolve it in the past.

3. Do not assume we know what you know or what you mean to say. We are more than willing to help but can only use the information you provide. Because we are online in a forum, we cannot see your face, hear the inflection in your voice or see, touch or hear your car. You are our eyes and ears and solving any problem begins with you and the effort you are willing to put forth helping us to help you. This brings us to…

4. The description. Please do not interpret what is going on with your car, just give us an explicit, step by step description. We need to know anything that might be a factor such as engine hot or cold, vehicle speed, weather conditions, etc. There are too many possibilities to name them all but you get the idea. Also, if you have already had the foresight to retrieve computer codes (in instances were that is helpful) let us know what they are. If you tell us you think it needs sparkplugs then your answer will be put in sparkplugs. Keep in mind if you knew what was wrong you probably wouldn’t be here asking for advice.

5. Another assumption you should never make. We don’t know who you are or what your mechanical ability is, your knowledge level or what type of tools, equipment or work area you have. Some repairs require very little knowledge but are labor, equipment and space intensive. Other repairs require very little actual work but you’ll need a large amount of experience or technical knowledge. Most repairs are somewhere in between. Help us out by honestly assessing what you can and cannot do and let us know. Claiming to have a higher knowledge level than you do is not only frustrating and counter productive for everyone involved, it’s also extremely transparent to those who have that knowledge and only serves to make you look like a fool.

6. Finally introduce yourself. There is a section here at Car-Forums.com called “Introduce Yourself”. We don’t need your name, age, address, social security number and date of birth although if you want to share those details feel free to do so. It is nice however to know a little bit about the person who we’re trying to help. And honestly if you don’t have the time to type a few sentences about yourself, then we don’t have the time to help you. Remember you came to us looking for our years of knowledge, training and experience.

1. What car? I don't need to hear every detail you can give me, but at least knowing what car we're talking about might help. Especially to a mechanic.
2. Are you sure you checked everything correctly? What is your mechanic ability? Are you really sure you checked everything correctly? How did you check everything? What tools do you have/did you use. Are you really, really sure? If you think that everyone who says they checked their fuses, checked them correctly, you're nuts.
3. This is all assuming you have introducted yourself prior to this post.

And that is why you would expect flaming from hobo if making such a post. Any questions?

EDIT: The first 6 numbers are the actual rules copied and pasted. The next 3 numbers are my responses to your statement using the rules. It looks a bit confusing otherwise.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #45
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
What rules? Rules dont state anything about being extra kiss-ass to get good with the bum on the forum. Youve never had your car break (except for the fuel pressure sensor), and vlad's dad told you the problem there.

What rules? You must be kidding... Please see above post.

I will refer to everything else you said later. Gotta go work.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.