Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2004, 05:04 AM   #1
Magicbirdman
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7
I need help finding a car

I need help finding an AMERICAN car that is very reliable and has alot of storage space(i.e. trucks, vans). The problem is what i mean by reliable, i was hopeing to get one that would last a while while not spending all my money repairing everything after 10 or so years. A perfect example of what i would want would be something like a toyota previa. My bro has one and its going on 200k miles and he has only had to redo the brakes so far...also my friends dad has one that is going on 300k miles! and not much has been spent on repairs...frankly those things are prefect but my dad has a HUGE problem with forign cars and he is really hard headed....if that were not the case i would buy a previa on a dime....gas mileage would be something i would like to be good too but its not a top priority....if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them, if you have any questions i will be checking posts, just ask and ill get back to you as soon as i can...thank you and good day!
Magicbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
Magicbirdman
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7
am i to assume that american cars suck? am i to assume that america will someday concede to the fact that foreign cars own ours? or maybe i am to assume that this is all a government conspiracy in which we buy crappy american cars that we have to replace electrical, brakes, stearing ect.. after warrenty ends, then when we go to get repairs we have to pay so much because the goverment needs to make a profit too! you all know that all these parts in our cars are manufactured very cheaply, yet sold at multiples of what there worth . or maybe i am to assume that you guys dont know, maybe i am to assume that you are all speed deamons who mooch off of rich parents and think everyone who owns a truck is an inbred hick. dont get me wrong though, i love to race

have i hit a correct point yet? or am i going to have to come back tomorrow and the next day, and the next day til i figure out what is going on?

Last edited by Magicbirdman : 09-26-2004 at 04:32 AM.
Magicbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbirdman
I need help finding an AMERICAN car that is very reliable and has alot of storage space(i.e. trucks, vans). The problem is what i mean by reliable, i was hopeing to get one that would last a while while not spending all my money repairing everything after 10 or so years. A perfect example of what i would want would be something like a toyota previa. My bro has one and its going on 200k miles and he has only had to redo the brakes so far...also my friends dad has one that is going on 300k miles! and not much has been spent on repairs...frankly those things are prefect but my dad has a HUGE problem with forign cars and he is really hard headed....if that were not the case i would buy a previa on a dime....gas mileage would be something i would like to be good too but its not a top priority....if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them, if you have any questions i will be checking posts, just ask and ill get back to you as soon as i can...thank you and good day!

Good, reliable, american cars. As for trucks, I could recomend the Ford F-150 series, or a Dodge Ram Pickup

.^Ford F-150

^Dodge Ram Pickup
.
.
.
A very reliable truck would be a Toyota 4Runner, but wait, thats forign so nevermind
__________________

Last edited by Bubba : 09-26-2004 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Cause i screwed up!
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba
Good, reliable, american cars. As for trucks, I could recomend the Ford F-150 series, or a Dodge Ram Pickup

.^Ford F-150

^Dodge Ram Pickup
.
.
.
A very reliable truck would be a Toyota 4Runner, but wait, thats forign so nevermind

F-150 by far is superior to the Ram in every-way Reliability wise. I seriously can't udnerstand why anyone would recommend the worst rated 1/2 ton truck in reliability as a 'good reliable' truck. You understand they blow up trannies like nothing right?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #5
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 483
Do you have one by any chance? or are you just reading prejudiced reviews?
Why dont you put up some suggestions then?
__________________

Last edited by Bubba : 09-26-2004 at 07:03 PM.
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:17 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba
Do you have one by any chance? or are you just reading prejudiced reviews?
Why dont you put up some suggestions then?

Mopar makes weak automatic transmissions, thats a given. Go look up any reliability record on previous model Rams and still tell me they are very reliable (Consumer Reports, JD Power, whoever). If you think consumer based responses to surveys on cars they have owned reliability wise are 100% or close to 100% 'prejudiced reviews' then I call that Ignorance.

And Yes, I know a ton of folks with transmission problems with their Rams...

Just looking up JD Power they gave the 2003 Ram a 2 out 5 on initial mechanical reliability (they survey people after 90 days of owning the truck). Which isn't ANYTHING to write home about. I looked up a 2000 Ram also to see it's long term (after 3 years they survey the owners) mechanical reliability which was yet again, a 2 out 5. Looking up a 2000 F-150 It had a 5 out of 5 on mechanical long term reliability and a 2004 F-150 (new one) had an initial (90 day) mechanical reliaiblity score of 3 out of 5 (about typical on a first year vehicle). So again, I repeat, the F-150 is more reliable than the Ram.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 483
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Mopar makes weak automatic transmissions, thats a given. Go look up any reliability record on previous model Rams and still tell me they are very reliable (Consumer Reports, JD Power, whoever). If you think consumer based responses to surveys on cars they have owned reliability wise are 100% or close to 100% 'prejudiced reviews' then I call that Ignorance.

And Yes, I know a ton of folks with transmission problems with their Rams...

Just looking up JD Power they gave the 2003 Ram a 2 out 5 on initial mechanical reliability (they survey people after 90 days of owning the truck). Which isn't ANYTHING to write home about. I looked up a 2000 Ram also to see it's long term (after 3 years they survey the owners) mechanical reliability which was yet again, a 2 out 5. Looking up a 2000 F-150 It had a 5 out of 5 on mechanical long term reliability and a 2004 F-150 (new one) had an initial (90 day) mechanical reliaiblity score of 3 out of 5 (about typical on a first year vehicle). So again, I repeat, the F-150 is more reliable than the Ram.
Ok, i'm sorry. I just have had a lot of luck with the Dodge Ram Pickup, I have never had any transmission problems with it in the past at work. I do agree that the F-150 is more reliable in consumer reviews than the Dodge Ram, but after my own personal experiences with the Dodge, i just put in a personal suggestion for the truck. So, once again, i apoligise for that last response.
__________________

Last edited by Bubba : 09-26-2004 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:34 AM   #8
Magicbirdman
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7
thank you guys very much , i was looking at the F150s and they seem to be good....and as for toyota, there awsome! its just that my dad would kick my ass if i got a foreign car while i live with him, especially for my 1st car..thank you all very much and good day!
Magicbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 AM   #9
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
u stupid a** mof*, tell ur dad that his biased ass ways wont get him anywhere. he probably cant stand the fact that asian and europeon cars own him. i bet he is like those farmers and ranchers who dont know any sh** about wat goes on in the world and then takes trash about asia and other countries. he doesnt deserve a car. imports own any american car any day.

and tell him that he cant kick anyones ass. F*** YOU
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:40 AM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
u stupid a** mof*, tell ur dad that his biased ass ways wont get him anywhere. he probably cant stand the fact that asian and europeon cars own him. i bet he is like those farmers and ranchers who dont know any sh** about wat goes on in the world and then takes trash about asia and other countries. he doesnt deserve a car. imports own any american car any day.

and tell him that he cant kick anyones ass. F*** YOU

i bet you're an ignorant moron who is simply a waste of life. stop ragging on people!! you seem to have no respect toward fellow men. at all. all they are doing is providing advice as to the mans question - you are in no position to critique the ideals of Magicbirdman or his father. maybe you should just go play in traffic - it would do us all a favor.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:02 AM   #11
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
ive been there and played in traffic. so to fuk** hell with u, Super Jew. wtf kind of name is that.

also maybe his dad has to, u know, OPEN HIS FUKI** MIND.

narrow minded geezers.
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:13 AM   #12
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
ive been there and played in traffic. so to fuk** hell with u, Super Jew. wtf kind of name is that.

also maybe his dad has to, u know, OPEN HIS FUKI** MIND.

narrow minded geezers.

its a very good name...nice try skirting the issue at hand - you being ignorant.

and for your info im no "geezer." im probably younger than you.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
its a very good name...nice try skirting the issue at hand - you being ignorant.

and for your info im no "geezer." im probably younger than you.

This sniper kidiot really needs to be banned. Just my
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 12:27 AM   #14
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
right ur younger than me, im fuk** 13. beat that u Son of a bt**.

as for u thunder(sniped the fu**** bird) no one here asked for ur 2 cents. so why dont u save that sh** up and but urself a life.
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #15
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
right ur younger than me, im fuk** 13. beat that u Son of a bt**.

as for u thunder(sniped the fu**** bird) no one here asked for ur 2 cents. so why dont u save that sh** up and but urself a life.

maybe im not younger than you, but im only 16. however, i think you are lying when you say you're 13. you sound more like you're 12 or 11. and you do need to be banned.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.