Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
LuxurySeeker
CF Newbie

Need more Luxury

Hey all,

I would like to get some opinions on which cars you see as very luxurious. I currewntly drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE. I think its a great car but is getting up there in mileage so I'm considering a new one. A Caddy CTS is something that I have drooled over many times but I honestly never been inside of one or even looked into how much they cost. My budget is aprox $50k (CAD). What I'd like is a car that's stylish, has balls, decent handling, and most importantly screams interior luxury.

Any suggestions out there??? (please no SUV's, strictly passenger cars)

thanks
LuxurySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:15 AM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxurySeeker
Hey all,

I would like to get some opinions on which cars you see as very luxurious. I currewntly drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE. I think its a great car but is getting up there in mileage so I'm considering a new one. A Caddy CTS is something that I have drooled over many times but I honestly never been inside of one or even looked into how much they cost. My budget is aprox $50k (CAD). What I'd like is a car that's stylish, has balls, decent handling, and most importantly screams interior luxury.

Any suggestions out there??? (please no SUV's, strictly passenger cars)

thanks
Acura TL is your car. Leaves the CTS WAY behind in luxury,acceleration,refinement,handling,sound system, even in price etc... Plus if you ask me it looks much better (I'm not a fan of Caddy's new "abruptly cut-corners" designs). Dont know how much it is CDN (you can look up the price). But it's $32k USD (so I'd assume it's around $50k-$55k CDN). The only thing the CTS has over the TL in any sense is it is RWD compared to the TL being FWD. But I guarentee you the TL will outperform the CTS 3.6 around any road course as long as you have the performance tire and six speed option on the TL.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
LuxurySeeker
CF Newbie

The TL was a major consideration before I bought the Maxima. Definately a great car. I feel that both are very similar but now I want less sports/luxury sedan and more luxury sedan. For some reason the CTS seems to be luxurious in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong though. I should probably test drive it first. Another one that I'm considering is the G35 sedan. I know that its on the sporty side but I actually drove that one and loved it. I checked the prices of all these cars and both the CTS and G35 are $50k CAD and the TL is $40k (Bonus). Thanks for the reply

Any other cars you guys can suggest?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:29 PM   #4
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Quote:
The TL was a major consideration before I bought the Maxima. Definately a great car. I feel that both are very similar but now I want less sports/luxury sedan and more luxury sedan. For some reason the CTS seems to be luxurious in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong though. I should probably test drive it first. Another one that I'm considering is the G35 sedan. I know that its on the sporty side but I actually drove that one and loved it. I checked the prices of all these cars and both the CTS and G35 are $50k CAD and the TL is $40k (Bonus). Thanks for the reply

If you're looking for gutsy, but not sporty, luxury, I'd have to suggest the Chrysler 300. With any of the available engines, it's still a mover, looks balls-out classy, drives well, and is extremely well-refined.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
I checked the prices of all these cars and both the CTS and G35 are $50k CAD and the TL is $40k (Bonus).

i smell a bullshitter...if you actually checked these cars you would see that the G35 is only....$28,495 - $29,795, and at most $35K

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=7580

better really do your research, little man.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
i smell a bullshitter...if you actually checked these cars you would see that the G35 is only....$28,495 - $29,795, and at most $35K

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=7580

better really do your research, little man.

I think those prices would be CDN.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #7
LuxurySeeker
CF Newbie

These prices are in Canadian dollars. I did mention that. Also I'm rounding off.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

Out of those three cars, I'd easily say the TL has THE best interior. You really have to go check it out and see what I'm talking about. They built this TL's interior as if they were going to sell it in the $100k market. The CTS still uses cheap plastics here and there and I found the seats were more comfortable in TL when I drove it over the CTS I drove. I did get to drive the G-35 and it drives very nicely, but the luxury just isn't up there when you talk about comparing it to the TL or CTS for that matter. Do me a favor, go drive a TL six speed w/ summer performance tires option (check out the A-spec package while you're at it, very neat {i think it's only about $2,200 installed on the TL}) with the radio on any XM station you want at at LEAST half volume (you WILL be immersed...this is the ONLY stock stereo system I wouldn't replace). Then go drive a Luxury Sport CTS 3.6 (which btw, is a few more grand) and you'll notice the TL offers way more for the money. The luxury is just insane for what you get in the $32k TL.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #9
LuxurySeeker
CF Newbie

Wow I should really check out the TL. I'm sure it's much different then the 2000 version I drove way back. Like I said I was impressed with that one then.

I should mention that i drove a BMW 545 and fell in love. I never drove a car that responsive, with that many balls, style, and comfort. It felt like I was in TOTAL control over the car. Never felt anything even close to that since. NOT EVEN CLOSE. This would be a dream car but unfortunately I can't afford it. I guess what I'm looking for is something as close as possible to it that I CAN afford. Maybe the new TL is that!?!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I think those prices would be CDN.

oops...i had no idea what CAD meant in your first post. ill give that blunder to ya...

and the exchange rate is that bad? man that sucks!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #11
LuxurySeeker
CF Newbie

So far the TL has been mentioned a few times and it is a consideration. I haven't had a chance to test drive it as yet but I hope to soon. Is there any other suggestions out there? What do you guys think of the Audi A4? OR MAYBE EVEN THE A6?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #12
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
So far the TL has been mentioned a few times and it is a consideration. I haven't had a chance to test drive it as yet but I hope to soon. Is there any other suggestions out there? What do you guys think of the Audi A4? OR MAYBE EVEN THE A6?

I like the new A6 a whole lot. It's just I tend to shy away from Audi's for the simple fact (in general) they tend to be a lot less reliable and more expensive to maintain than the other top manufacturers making upper level cars (i.e. Acura, Cadillac, Lexus and Infiniti).

One more car you might want to check out (and often over-looked) is the Infiniti M45. Don't freak-out on the MSRP though, these things sell for WAY LESS than that. We have a few at my local dealer (brand new) going for $36k-$38k. It offers a lot of car for that price. Including Infiniti's VK45De DOHC V-8 making 340hp (good-bye TL,CTS 3.6 and A6 3.2). The only gripe I had when I sat in this car at an auto-show a year ago was that doesn't give tall drivers much head-room. If you're under 6'3 it should be fine. But if you are 6'3 or over, you will run into the ULTRA-LOW roofline. Another thing is the M45 is not as sporty as the other's...It's kind of like comparing a Merecedes (Infiniti M45) to a 330Ci (TL,CTS,A4/a6) in the sporty sense. It's basiucally more of a luxo-cruiser than a sporty car, but it has a lot of straight-power to make up for it's lack of handling. But don't over-look it.

~Blow your mind~