Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
tdallas
CF Newbie

Funniest way to get a car part

What was the funniest way you got a Part?

Okay my was last Week, walking through the Streets of York / England (jip I'm in England now) and one of my friends wants to phone home. So we stopped at a Phone Booth. She got in to make her phone call. I looked insideand what did I see? A wing, so I took it home, cleaned it, an yeah now I've a wing.
tdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdallas
What was the funniest way you got a Part?

Okay my was last Week, walking through the Streets of York / England (jip I'm in England now) and one of my friends wants to phone home. So we stopped at a Phone Booth. She got in to make her phone call. I looked insideand what did I see? A wing, so I took it home, cleaned it, an yeah now I've a wing.

any body ever told you were a very strange man?
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
tdallas
CF Newbie

Yiip everybody who knows me say I'm a freak, but why do you think i'm strange?
tdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
cinqyg
CF Freak

ooh pinching car parts out of public telephone boxes??
Old 05-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #5
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Well, a friend of mine found an abandoned Astra GSI and he took all the parts he wanted --he owns an Astra GT. The car hasn't got plates and had been parked in the same place for some months, so my friend "decided" that GSI had no owner.

Bueno, un amigo mío encontró un Astra GSI abandonado y se llevó todas las piezas que quiso -él tiene un Astra GT-. El coche no tenía matrículas y había estado aparcado en el mismo sitio durante algunos meses, así que mi amigo "decidió" que ese GSI no tenía dueño.

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:39 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
ooh pinching car parts out of public telephone boxes??
LOL....you had me in stitches with that remark...first time for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karb
Well, a friend of mine found an abandoned Astra GSI and he took all the parts he wanted --he owns an Astra GT. The car hasn't got plates and had been parked in the same place for some months, so my friend "decided" that GSI had no owner.
In the UK, if a car is abandoned and not claimed by it's rightfull qowner withing about three months, taking it yourself is quite legal, you just have to re-register it

And by' Astra GT' do you mean the GTE?....It's just that I wasn't aware they made just a GT....could be a Spanish thing I spose lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:39 PM   #7
cinqyg
CF Freak

Well im not entirely guilt free, did go out with a girl to get hold of a rotor arm for one of my more unusual cars.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #8
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL....you had me in stitches with that remark...first time for everything

In the UK, if a car is abandoned and not claimed by it's rightfull qowner withing about three months, taking it yourself is quite legal, you just have to re-register it

And by' Astra GT' do you mean the GTE?....It's just that I wasn't aware they made just a GT....could be a Spanish thing I spose lol

Sorry.
I've been out for some weeks and I didn't notice your question.

Well, an Astra GT is a GL trim with short gears, power steering, power windows and power locking.
Yes, its an Spanish invention. Roads in Germany use to be flat, so they use large gears, but Spain is a mountainous country (the most mountainous country in the UE after Switzerland) and large gears don't fit very well in our roads. Then, the Opel's Spanish factory in Zaragoza decided to make those GT's with short gears. It was available with 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0 engines. My friend owns an indestructible 2.0 with 115cv (same as Astra GSI --GTE in the UK).

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)

Last edited by karburator : 07-25-2004 at 11:36 PM. Reason: minor writing mistakes
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #9
Inygknok
El del Supra

this wasnt how *I* got parts but its still a short funny story.

the christmas that just passed my best friend had come down to PR again (as usual). we were driving around at night with the t-top off near my house.

out of nowhere, we see this group of like 4 guys carrying car parts in public (its a pretty long stretch where there are lots of pubs, gas stations, and speed shops, even the one i work at is there). it was funny to see them and they even waved at us. they had a huge spoiler, 2 bumpers, a bycicle, 2 rims, and some headlights.

and yes, after i saw them i tried to get away as far as possible and headed straight home

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
this wasnt how *I* got parts but its still a short funny story.

the christmas that just passed my best friend had come down to PR again (as usual). we were driving around at night with the t-top off near my house.

out of nowhere, we see this group of like 4 guys carrying car parts in public (its a pretty long stretch where there are lots of pubs, gas stations, and speed shops, even the one i work at is there). it was funny to see them and they even waved at us. they had a huge spoiler, 2 bumpers, a bycicle, 2 rims, and some headlights.

and yes, after i saw them i tried to get away as far as possible and headed straight home

Inygknok,
In the US, we call this the "Midnight Auto Supply". WE have special homes where we keep people who like to 'shop' there.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote