Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2006, 02:21 AM   #16
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Chango, what I mean by egg yolk look is when the lights are off, the yellow bulb can be seen in the white lamp and it looks like a fried egg, yellow surrounded by white.
Ew, that'd be bad.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:22 AM   #17
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I dont have it because I used the stock bulbs. Which are clear, these lights came with amber bulbs.

Clear bulbs+amber lens=amber light output with ugly amber lenses
amber bulbs+clear lens=amber light output with ugly egg yolks

So I used the stock clears to avoid the egg yolk look. The other way to do it is to paint the amber bulbs silver, this way they still light up amber but dont look ugly. That was too much work for me though
Old 05-19-2006, 05:16 AM   #18
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Chris, tell that to the cop who pulled me over for it... He might have just been having a bad day or something though, because he didn't even give me a written warning just a verbal, said it was illegal and that I needed to have it changed, and if he saw me again hed write me a ticket.
Half the time, unless they're Traffic Cops, they haven't a clue about vehicle laws lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Chris, tell that to the cop who pulled me over for it... He might have just been having a bad day or something though, because he didn't even give me a written warning just a verbal, said it was illegal and that I needed to have it changed, and if he saw me again hed write me a ticket.

I don't have to tell it to him, YOU can print that shit out and have his badge in court. You have to have the nads to point out where he's wrong, and if he writes you up, and you take this to court, it goes bad for him. BTDT.

Late last year I had an officer pull me over in the McDonald's parking lot after I had made a U turn at the end of a barrier to get there. He said "didn't you se that big 'No U-turn' sign right there? And I said, "didn't you see the times listed on that sign? 7-9AM, 4-6 PM Monday -Friday?" he said, but it's Friday now!" and I said, "yeah, but it's noon"

The facts sometimes need to be pointed out to them on the spot. They don't know everything.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

lol, I thought he knew what he was talking about and I wasn't going to bitch at him since he was just giving me a verbal anyway. The last thing I need is more problems caused by tickets and court dates. But now that I know I know.