Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #31
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
vwhobo, you got OWNED!!
What you fail to see though you knobhead, is that hobo edited his articles so we only have idiots like you and dildo's word for it that it was a copy/paste. I'm gonna hazard a guess that he had other reasons to delete the article. If I'm wrong though....which I doubt, I'll take it back, but probably the only person I'm willing to listen to is somebody with atleast an ounce of respect here at CF, like the man himself for example ...or any other well respected CFers!

Hey, I just thought...what if hobo did copy/paste that stuff, but only to save hime writting it all out again. I'l leave you to your own devices as to what I mean

Oh well, atleast this thread turned out a member with an advert in his sig!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-05-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #32
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
What you fail to see though you knobhead, is that hobo edited his articles so we only have idiots like you and dildo's word for it that it was a copy/paste. I'm gonna hazard a guess that he had other reasons to delete the article. If I'm wrong though....which I doubt, I'll take it back, but probably the only person I'm willing to listen to is somebody with atleast an ounce of respect here at CF, like the man himself for example ...or any other well respected CFers!

Hey, I just thought...what if hobo did copy/paste that stuff, but only to save hime writting it all out again. I'l leave you to your own devices as to what I mean

Oh well, atleast this thread turned out a member with an advert in his sig!
I'm still reading those articles...why does it matter if he copied and pasted, you still learn the same thing lol.

Also, is "knobhead" a common word for you Brits? Because I went biking the other day and I was riding beside a friend on a pretty narrow path, when some guy on a bike (I think he had a British accent lol) looks at me and goes "Wrong side, ya knobhead!"...But it might also be possible he said "doghead" I didn't really hear him
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #33
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I'm still reading those articles...why does it matter if he copied and pasted, you still learn the same thing lol.
Very true lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Also, is "knobhead" a common word for you Brits? Because I went biking the other day and I was riding beside a friend on a pretty narrow path, when some guy on a bike (I think he had a British accent lol) looks at me and goes "Wrong side, ya knobhead!"...But it might also be possible he said "doghead" I didn't really hear him
Yes, it is a very common term in the UK, although mainly in Southern England, where I'm from, it's a politer way of calling somebody a d*ck head lol (knob = male reproductive organ...incase ya didn't know lol.....or a door handle of course!)....What were you doing riding on the wrong side of the road anyway? ya knobhead lol.....and their gonna eventually let you loose in a car? lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-05-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #34
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Very true lol

Yes, it is a very common term in the UK, although mainly in Southern England, where I'm from, it's a politer way of calling somebody a d*ck head lol (knob = male reproductive organ...incase ya didn't know lol.....or a door handle of course!)....What were you doing riding on the wrong side of the road anyway? ya knobhead lol.....and their gonna eventually let you loose in a car? lol
I was on the wrong side of the road because my friend was on the right side of the path, and I was next to him, can't remember what I was explaining, but there was still enough room for the other guy to pass by us...I think he just liked the word
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #35
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
or maybe he just learned the word like you....
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:37 AM   #36
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master
 
67Coronet383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Under a hood, Georgia
Posts: 628
This brings back memories. Haha.

There are a few people that know the truth.
__________________
67Coronet383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:14 AM   #37
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in the Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 1,067
not a bad place if you can overlook some of the bull hockey - not as bad as it used to be
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #38
Apples
CF Newbie
 
Apples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
I actually wanted to know something about horsepower and torque...... does anybody happen to have it saved somewhere?
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #39
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples
I actually wanted to know something about horsepower and torque...... does anybody happen to have it saved somewhere?
There's a link like halfway through the thread
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...que/index.html
Check out some other tech articles too, there's lots of good stuff
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/index.html
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Car prschetrbo951 Asian Imports 40 04-06-2004 11:30 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.