You seem to be having a good time.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #47
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
You seem to be having a good time.
If only someone was listening......

oh... and hi y'all by the way... haven't been round for a while.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #48
lawrencejr
CF Newbie

Octane rating

Wow, where do you idiots get yer info from? Especially YOU Hobo. I have to assume from yer "title" you're into air cooled VW's. Have you been so brainwashed by the oil companies and the powers that be, that you actually believe the bull.... you're spewin. HIGHER octane full makes more horsepower and gives better mileage, don't believe anything but. Dig out your old Hot VW's magazines and look at some mileage tests a reader did with his Ghia. 54 m.p.g. with mild modifications. He quit his tests when ????????????? Fuel octane and quality dropped so badly. THATS why cars now have all this engine monitoring equipment, TO COMPENSATE FOR THE SH.. GASOLINE. It costs the oil companies more $ to refine gas to a 93 Octane rating vs. 87. Is any of this sinkin' in ? You're embarrassing me and the entire air cooled community. Pull the tapeworm outa' yer a.. yeah, yeah, I know yer one of these so called gurus that will tell ya' they build 250 H.P. V.W. motors with 11 to 1 c.r. runnin' on pump gas. Yeah, O.K. Remember kiddies, runnin' higher octane fuel than recommended by the manufacturer WON'T HURT ANYTHING. Especially on newer vehicles, yer vehicles brain will adjust accordingly, like more timing means more power . Anyway, remember, don't believe everything the "experts" throw at ya'. Like 911 was caused by terrorists. Happy motorin ya'all, no matter what yer' wheelin http://www.car-forums.com/talk/images/smilies/wink2.gif
lawrencejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #49
Wally
I Know More Than You

Correction, higher octane pump fuel does not make more power. The specific heat value (or calorific value) is the same. The fuel isn't refined any differently. Additives are cream profit for the oil companies. Octane additive coupled with high compression and opportunistic ignition timing just allows more of that power to reach the crankshaft.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #50
lawrencejr
CF Newbie

Octane vs. Power

WHAT !!!!! So what you're sayin' in yer last sentence is higher octane makes more power. I didn't say it, YOU just did. If you can refer to a site written by experts concerning refing techniques and octane ratings, you'll make me a believer. Otherwise, I stand my ground. Thanx, and keep the shiny side up !!!
lawrencejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #51
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencejr
WHAT !!!!! So what you're sayin' in yer last sentence is higher octane makes more power. I didn't say it, YOU just did. If you can refer to a site written by experts concerning refing techniques and octane ratings, you'll make me a believer. Otherwise, I stand my ground. Thanx, and keep the shiny side up !!!
If your car doesn't require higher octane fuel, there won't be any difference in performance if you put higher octane in. Higher octane fuel won't prematurely combust at higher compression ratios.
That said, virtually all cars on the road today have advanced enough timing systems so they can take 87 fuel and run fine (I'm not suggesting it, I'm just saying).
Also, in your previous post, it seemed like you were suggesting for people to put premium in their car even if it doesn't need it. Please tell me I misunderstood that post?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #52
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:

No I'm saying you don't know what you profess to know. I am an expert. I don't need to defer to internet sites.... read my avatar rank.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #53
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Wow, where do you idiots get yer info from? Especially YOU Hobo. I have to assume from yer "title" you're into air cooled VW's. Have you been so brainwashed by the oil companies and the powers that be, that you actually believe the bull.... you're spewin. HIGHER octane full makes more horsepower and gives better mileage, don't believe anything but. Dig out your old Hot VW's magazines and look at some mileage tests a reader did with his Ghia. 54 m.p.g. with mild modifications. He quit his tests when ????????????? Fuel octane and quality dropped so badly. THATS why cars now have all this engine monitoring equipment, TO COMPENSATE FOR THE SH.. GASOLINE. It costs the oil companies more $ to refine gas to a 93 Octane rating vs. 87. Is any of this sinkin' in ? You're embarrassing me and the entire air cooled community. Pull the tapeworm outa' yer a.. yeah, yeah, I know yer one of these so called gurus that will tell ya' they build 250 H.P. V.W. motors with 11 to 1 c.r. runnin' on pump gas. Yeah, O.K. Remember kiddies, runnin' higher octane fuel than recommended by the manufacturer WON'T HURT ANYTHING. Especially on newer vehicles, yer vehicles brain will adjust accordingly, like more timing means more power . Anyway, remember, don't believe everything the "experts" throw at ya'. Like 911 was caused by terrorists. Happy motorin ya'all, no matter what yer' wheelin http://www.car-forums.com/talk/images/smilies/wink2.gif
Wow! Just f*cking wow! I haven't posted on this forum or even looked at it in months, and I still have self appointed experts who are actually not very well disguised morons calling me out.

I'll keep it short and sweet just for you douchebag. You don't have a clue of what it is you speak. You are an idiot. Go crawl back under your rock.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote