Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #16
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I dont know anything about shoehorning it in a Ranger....but I would just like to note that the Ford 302 was in fact only 4.9L (4.949...L) and not 5.0L like it was badged by everyone (including Ford)...kind of funny, false advertising for decades... The GM 305 was in fact 5.0L though
So, they rounded it. Who cares

This is a good idea Steven. There wouldnt be any modifications that would have to be done to the engine bay, just new engine mounts. As for the transmission, you would have to change it. Just take one out of a Mustang 5.0L. Simple. As for gears, go 3.73. And of course gas mileage is going to be bad
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #17
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
So, they rounded it. Who cares

This is a good idea Steven. There wouldnt be any modifications that would have to be done to the engine bay, just new engine mounts. As for the transmission, you would have to change it. Just take one out of a Mustang 5.0L. Simple. As for gears, go 3.73. And of course gas mileage is going to be bad
18 in the city is pretty dammed good but I don't know the stock gears the 93 GT came with so.....If someone could tell me...
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:45 AM   #18
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
18 in the city is pretty dammed good but I don't know the stock gears the 93 GT came with so.....If someone could tell me...
I think they came with 3.73s...or maybe that was a 3.43...Im not sure.
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 AM   #19
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
I think they came with 3.73s...or maybe that was a 3.43...Im not sure.
Then why you say they got bad gas mileage?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 AM   #20
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Then why you say they got bad gas mileage?
Well, just my dads.
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 AM   #21
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Well, just my dads.
Ah, what kind of gas mileage does he get
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:53 AM   #22
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Ok, well the 1993 Mustangs are said to get 17/24 mpg (city/highway), or 15.3 city for standard transmission. As far as i've seen, most 5.0L Mustangs of that time were stock with 3.73 rear gears.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:20 AM   #23
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
4.949 rounds to 4.95, which could be rounded to 5.0.

Wow, you need to go back to 2nd grade math. My girlfriends little brother did math like that years ago, and he is 10 now (although he rounded CORRECTLY).

You dont round TWICE. You ALWAYS round once (to the SPECIFIED PLACE). I hope you have never had a math class in your life, because with that comment you sure are ignorant to the most basic crap in math. You'd never survive any Chemistry or Physics class for that matter too. According to you the Earth's gravitational pull isnt 9.81 m/s^2 but it would round to 9.8 m/s^2... Which there is reason why you should almost always go only to the hundredths place (maybe one day when you grow up and get in a Physics class you'll know). Car displacement (in the metric standard) was always rounded to ONLY the tenths place, that means you ONLY look at the hundredths place to determine what the tenths place should be.

EX.

4.949 = 4.9L (the thousandths place 9 doesnt even matter when rounding to the tenths place)
4.942 = 4.9L (again the thousandth place doesnt matter as when rounding to the tenths place you only look at the HUNDREDTHS place).

Please - GO TO A BASIC MATH CLASS -> THINK -> REASON -> TYPE -> THEN SUBMIT.

mmkkkk?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:08 PM   #24
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
You two take this over somewhere else because I don't want this thread taken over by a damn flame war
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:14 PM   #25
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
You two take this over somewhere else because I don't want this thread taken over by a damn flame war

This is not a flame war, I was just correcting one thing he is ignorant on. nothing new with Oomba.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #26
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
This is not a flame war, I was just correcting one thing he is ignorant on. nothing new with Oomba.
But you know him, he will have one of those ignorant retorts that will throw you over the edge
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 PM   #27
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
But you know him, he will have one of those ignorant retorts that will throw you over the edge

I rarely if ever have been thrown over the edge here. I'm pretty content and laid back. But I like correcting ignorant asses What else can I say.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #28
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
...........Back to the topic are you gonna do it? I would
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #29
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
...........Back to the topic are you gonna do it? I would
See I will soon, I just have to think of the prices of gas by the time I do it (maybe a year)
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.