Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #16
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Sorry that I have a job and didn't make it back here for a while. Dubs are rims that are 20 inches in diameter. No they do not need hubcaps.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
Sorry that I have a job and didn't make it back here for a while. Dubs are rims that are 20 inches in diameter. No they do not need hubcaps.
I think you have just blown your cover as someone who knows about cars. Using the word "rims" when you mean to say wheels is normally a dead give away.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #18
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I think you have just blown your cover as someone who knows about cars. Using the word "rims" when you mean to say wheels is normally a dead give away.

That's what I'm talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341

I'll ignore the sarcasm but thanks for clarifying what dubs are.

Back to the oh so intellectual discussion about fart can technology, my favourite brand is "Thermal". I'm not one for banality but if anyone's interested in what my favourite beverage is then it's "Mellow Yellow".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhausttip1.jpg (23.9 KB, 6 views)
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:46 AM   #19
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Angry

So if I call them rims I don't know anyhting about cars....hmmmm. I come here trying to find some people who love cars as much as me and I get berated about: a. not coming back and posting right away; and b: calling 'wheels' 'rims' or something.

Last time I checked even professional racers call them rims. If I heard "hey Jay, throw the slicks on those 18x9.5 rims." or: "hey jay, throw the slicks on those 18x9.5 wheels."--I wouldn't know the difference and neither would professional car people around the world.

I was hoping for a nice forum where we could talk about our love of cars.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:48 AM   #20
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

It is a nice forum. Just don't use ghetto language and you wont get flamed.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:05 AM   #21
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

shoot, i dont see what its such a big deal to use rims instead of wheels or wheels instead of rims... it still means the same thing, its kinda retared to get flamed for such a pointless thing
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:16 AM   #22
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
shoot, i dont see what its such a big deal to use rims instead of wheels or wheels instead of rims... it still means the same thing, its kinda retared to get flamed for such a pointless thing

Apparently you don't understand that a rim is part of the wheel and not the wheel itself. A rim is an edge, a border, something that goes around something. A wheel is the whole piece.

Only people from the "ghetto" refer to wheels as "rims."

Old 02-18-2004, 07:41 AM   #23
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Car with nice "rims."

Car with nice "wheels."

Old 02-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #24
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Car with nice "rims."

Car with nice "wheels."

NO, they are not nice wheels, they are beautiful You can get rimmed on just about any street corner.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:17 AM   #25
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Only people from the "ghetto" refer to wheels as "rims." ..

is that a fact now... only people from the ghetto, that means that NOBODY on earth exept the people in the "ghetto" call wheels rims... i kind of want to how you figured this one out, cuz i know some pretty rich people who still call wheels rims... i even see websites refering to their wheels as rims. i think this a very stupid arguement, and i dont see why people have to be flamed for saying the same thing different ways

Old 02-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
is that a fact now... only people from the ghetto, that means that NOBODY on earth exept the people in the "ghetto" call wheels rims... i kind of want to how you figured this one out, cuz i know some pretty rich people who still call wheels rims... i even see websites refering to their wheels as rims. i think this a very stupid arguement, and i dont see why people have to be flamed for saying the same thing different ways
Because a wheel is a wheel and a rim is just part of a wheel. Just because alot of people use the word doesn't make it correct. If you want to be part of the dumbing down of America, that is your prerogative. However, do not expect to be taken seriously or for us to let it ride.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Last edited by vwhobo : 02-19-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:48 AM   #27
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

does it make you feel like a big man to try and flame the crap out of people you dont even know? do you get your jollies from trying to look big? just because someone refers to something differently then you do, or if every now and then someone makes a spelling mistake? i think somebody needs to grow up and learn to just respect what other people say, and not feel the need to say something about every little thing.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:51 AM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
does it make you feel like a big man to try and flame the crap out of people you dont even know? do you get your jollies from trying to look big? just because someone refers to something differently then you do, or if every now and then someone makes a spelling mistake? i think somebody needs to grow up and learn to just respect what other people say, and not feel the need to say something about every little thing.
Are you mad because I refuted your post with facts or because you choose to live outside of the facts. I told you it was your prerogotive and it is. Someday when you grow up you'll understand.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:08 AM   #29
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:

If you would take a moment to understand, then you'd see that I didn't mean the "ghetto" proper, but "ghetto" mind and understanding.

However, the prior pics of the cars and the "rims" vs. wheels serves as a stereotype that seems to fit well in our society.