Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2005, 03:35 AM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I suggest...

... that we get rid of the "oh no, close the thread" mod(s) who are at it again. What is the reasoning for closing this thread?

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10684

Comments are expected.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Well, it seemed like (to me) it was just becoming a flame war. I didn't (nor would I) close that thread, but I think the reasoning behind why the mod who did that it was a flame fest.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Well, it seemed like (to me) it was just becoming a flame war. I didn't (nor would I) close that thread, but I think the reasoning behind why the mod who did that it was a flame fest.
Satty, thank you for being man enough to come forward and say something... We know the offending mod won't. While I respect your opinion as to why you believe it was closed I don't agree with it. There are many other threads that are far worse from the standpoint of being "flame wars". This isn't about improving the forum, this is about having the power to sit on their ass behing their computer and control peoples thoughts and opinions.

Bottom line is this forum once again being censored by probably one (and the same) individual. Additionally, why do certain mods have the time to censor but not remove advertising which is a more important job for them? Enquiring minds want to know.

Once again, thanks Satty.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
hammerthief
CF Newbie

why not just start a new thread wth the title 'continuation of xxxxx' or 'clarifying points on xxxxx' then all of us enjoying the 'debate' can continue to. would love to know if you still think expert is an idiot and a testicle-expert...lol
hammerthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:14 AM   #5
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
... that we get rid of the "oh no, close the thread" mod(s) who are at it again. What is the reasoning for closing this thread?

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10684

Comments are expected.

So hobo, where is all thoes Gearhead Garage articles?? And why did you edit and erase it all??
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:30 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
So hobo, where is all thoes Gearhead Garage articles?? And why did you edit and erase it all??
Old news. If you care to rehash the bullshit you're more than welcome to use the search feature. There's a thread several pages long that will answer your question. I'm sure some of the other children on the forum would be happy to show you where it's at.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
DodgeRida67
Banned

While we are on the topic of mods, why the hell do we have mods that rarely even visit this website? It's crazy. We need new mods. But then again, no one really visits here regulary anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
If you care to rehash the bullshit you're more than welcome to use the search feature.

The fact that the "artical" that you "wrote" matched that car craft artical 100% is not bullshit.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
While we are on the topic of mods, why the hell do we have mods that rarely even visit this website? It's crazy. We need new mods. But then again, no one really visits here regulary anymore.

The fact that the "artical" that you "wrote" matched that car craft artical 100% is not bullshit.

I'm sure the bullshit he was refering to was the uproar that resulted from it. And that's a perspective issue.

meh, new mods? Who are you suggesting? The only people I would put up for modship would be;

Dodgerida67
Wally
VWhobo

But what does a person need to be a mod? A knowledge of cars, or the ability to hang around and maintain the forum?

Oh well, if adam really does come back on 5/24, then he can change whatever he sees fit.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I'm sure the bullshit he was refering to was the uproar that resulted from it. And that's a perspective issue.

meh, new mods? Who are you suggesting? The only people I would put up for modship would be;

Dodgerida67
Wally
VWhobo

But what does a person need to be a mod? A knowledge of cars, or the ability to hang around and maintain the forum?

Oh well, if adam really does come back on 5/24, then he can change whatever he sees fit.
Damn... that hurts...
J/K

I totally agree. We need mods that are active, and such. I mostly only see Satty and SJ on these days, and if Hobo stays active I wouldnt mind seeing him become a mod again. He did a good job back in the day, and DR would do well too. I guess we will just have to see what happens on 5/24.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus

Dodgerida67
Wally
VWhobo

Thanks, but no thanks.