Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
RoterRouter
CF Newbie

Favorite Car Commercial Thread.

This is my favorite one I could find online. Any competitors?

http://www.monkeycorporation.com/video.html?3
RoterRouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
MaChao
CF Newbie

I did not understand much of it, but it was funny.

One that I like that has been playing recently was for a Kia Spectra. The guy covered his new Kia with a car cover that had the image of a broken down car (to keep it safe from other people I assume). He would come out in the morning and remove it to reveal his brand new Kia.

You'd have to see the commercial.

And to be mean, it's ironic because it's just a Kia and nobody would bother with the car anyways!
Old 06-26-2004, 09:34 AM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

My favorite car commerical is the debut of the Nissan 350Z where it rode through some European town for about 8+ miles and the commercial lasted about 20 minutes. I got the full dvd from an auto show.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Denis0727
CF Newbie

I love the VW Corrado clip . . . but it seems to be impossible to find it though.

It basicly goes like this . . . "there are 2 ways to make a Volkswagen go 225Km/h" then is shows a volkswagen beetle getting dropped from a plane and the corrado standing on a hill.
Denis0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:16 AM   #5
cinqyg
CF Freak

honda accord ad using the parts of the car to get it to roll off a ramp.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

im sure everyone has seen it, its the new saturn ion commercial where lots of things are thrown at it and it gets smacked silly over and over again, and then some guy in a bike crashes into it and flies over it. its hilarious.

second favorite would have to be the commercials from when the new toyota celica came out, like the one where its parked outside and the dog comes out of nowhere barking at it cuz it thinks its moving, and the cop trying to stop it, so on so on.

and the third one.......... i think it was from the new ford focus hatchback. i cant find the link to it, but it was in europe. u can see the car parked on teh side a bit far away, but up close u can see a tree and a bird chirping, then the bird takes flight towards teh focus to poop on it, but as soon as it flies over the hood, it opens up so fast it smacks the bird out of sight, then just slowly closes and rests again.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:53 AM   #7
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
im sure everyone has seen it, its the new saturn ion commercial where lots of things are thrown at it and it gets smacked silly over and over again, and then some guy in a bike crashes into it and flies over it. its hilarious.

second favorite would have to be the commercials from when the new toyota celica came out, like the one where its parked outside and the dog comes out of nowhere barking at it cuz it thinks its moving, and the cop trying to stop it, so on so on.

and the third one.......... i think it was from the new ford focus hatchback. i cant find the link to it, but it was in europe. u can see the car parked on teh side a bit far away, but up close u can see a tree and a bird chirping, then the bird takes flight towards teh focus to poop on it, but as soon as it flies over the hood, it opens up so fast it smacks the bird out of sight, then just slowly closes and rests again.

we dont have saturns
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:26 AM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
we dont have saturns

BAH!!! u dont know wat ur missing out on then :P

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:36 AM   #9
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Probably the best car commercial I've seen in a while.

Starts off with an open field with soothing muisc and what appears to be a junkyard with only chassis. Then more and more car chassis just keep falling out of the sky. You see trannys, gears etc.. Another chassis falls out the sky onto the pile and the scene changes to a guy at a desk. The guy narrorrating the commercial says something clever like "Only the best of our desings are put in out trucks". The guy at the desk is an Automotive Designer and hes drawing the chassis for trucks. He crumples up the piece of paper and throws it towards the garbage can(wich is filled full of crumpled pieces of paper) and it goes back to the field of a junkyard and another chassis falls out the sky. Then it says the GM signature quote "Its not more than you need, just more than you're used to"

This commercial had me smiling, it was good...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 07-03-2004 at 07:38 AM.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #10
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

My favorite commercial is the one for the Toyota Tacoma, where the owner's girlfriend is jealous that he spends SO much time with his pickup. So, she pushes it off a cliff and it lands at the bottom without a scratch! It is hilarious because she gets all pissed off and starts screaming... That's a great one, and I'm sure a lot of you have seen it!

My second favorite is a British commericial for the Ford SportKa I found online. In it, a cat jumps on top of the car and sticks its head in the open sunroof. The roof closes on his head, and after a few seconds the cat gets decapitated and rolls off the car. It's VERY cruel and sick, but a little funny because at the end it says, "SportKa, the Ka's evil twin..." or something like that.