Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
davebob
CF Newbie

hello to all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hello to all. i'm dave or davebob. And I got alittle problem that hopefully someone call steer me to the solution. I'm borrowing a 1985 honda accord from a family member while I rebuild the top end of my toyota 4by4. It's got a three barrel carb. When I go to start it, the chock does not activate, and even trying to hold a steady high rpm it just dies unless I pump it like mad. I'll keep this up for a couple of minutes and if I try to drive it, it's the same unless I keep it above 3000. Now if I let sit for a few minutes turned off, it seems to run fine for about three miles, then it does it's thing again. while under the car awhile back i noticed a plastic air canister(w/foam rubber) with a hose leading up to the air cleaner. It was split apart alittle bit where it looked like it should be together. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. HELP! p.s. thank you for baring with me, i'm new at this.
davebob is offline   Reply With Quote