Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which is the most tunable Japanese import?
Mazda RX7 3 10.71%
Mitsubishi 3000GT 0 0%
Mitsubishi Evo 8 2 7.14%
Nissan Skyline R32-R34 9 32.14%
Subaru Impreza WRX 1 3.57%
Toyota Supra twin turbo ('93-'00) 11 39.29%
Other, please specify in post 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2004, 02:30 AM   #16
Wally
I Know More Than You

Last edited by Wally : 06-18-2004 at 12:51 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:43 PM   #17
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaspeed
Post whore...

Id go with the Supra... by far the most tunable car in the list.
He has over 1k posts, he has no reason to post whore... How dare you do that to SJ! (That is to mazdaspeed)

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #18
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Do you mean a Mazadaspeed version of the RX-8? That would be sweet.

yea i do. i think mazda said something about releasing it here in the US. Here is a little info thanks to import-heaven:

"Mazda Motor Corporation announces the release of a limited edition RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version, which is based on the RX-8 and fitted with Mazdaspeed* brand tune-up parts for enhanced sports driving performance. The RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version goes on sale from the middle of February at Mazda Anfini and Mazda dealerships throughout Japan.
The new RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version is based on the RX-8 Type S. Mazda has tuned up the engine using it's exclusively designed PCM (Powertrain Control Module) to match the modified intake and exhaust systems of the Mazdaspeed Version, as well as going through balance adjustments around the eccentric shaft in response to the lightweight flywheel. Mazda has also tuned up the suspension and fitted aero parts to further enhance sports driving performance. Those modifications, carried out under Mazda's strict quality control system, provide the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version with well-balanced performance.
In addition, the RENESIS rotary engine has been further improved to deliver greater aerodynamic performance and even better sports car driving performance. Sharp, stable maneuverability is further enhanced while maintaining ride comfort, and the vehicle's exterior design supervised by the RX-8 chief designer expresses high performance.
The sales volume of the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version will be limited to 300 units."

doesnt say much, but it doesnt look like it has f/i.

theres more info about US version here

Last edited by importluva : 05-28-2004 at 05:10 PM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:42 AM   #19
nitehawk_87
CF Newbie

Quote:
Post whore... Id go with the Supra... by far the most tunable car in the list.

ya no shit stimans right we need to have a newbie to newbie talk during which u make excuses and i call u a dumbass - udont dis ur elders

Sign at a gas station:
we collect taxes-federal, provincial, and municipal
we also sell gas on the side
nitehawk_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:45 AM   #20
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaspeed
Post whore...

Id go with the Supra... by far the most tunable car in the list.

now what we have here is a true dumbass...i'm just not gonna touch this. if i were a post whore, i would post every single word in a different post. just because i post my opinion in a forum does NOT mean im a post whore. it means i have an opinion at odds with the topic, and i want to share it. how about in every single post of yours i respond with "post whore!!!" yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:10 AM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
now what we have here is a true dumbass...i'm just not gonna touch this. if i were a post whore, i would post every single word in a different post. just because i post my opinion in a forum does NOT mean im a post whore. it means i have an opinion at odds with the topic, and i want to share it. how about in every single post of yours i respond with "post whore!!!" yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
Really....people who just respond 'Post whore' to a previous post are post whores for doing so lol....Oh crap....that makes me a post whore....but I'm allowed, as are other mods, because we have to warn n00bs about it, right guys?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 01:22 AM   #22
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
[INSERT PIMPSLAP] Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Really....people who just respond 'Post whore' to a previous post are post whores for doing so lol....Oh crap....that makes me a post whore....but I'm allowed, as are other mods, because we have to warn n00bs about it, right guys?
I dunno Cliffy...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 06:50 AM   #23
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

lol, i think the "most tuneable" should go the evo, since its a 2.0L 4 cylinder, and you are getting near 500, and if you spend more you can get over 500. (but, we are talking serious money here) The Skyline and the Supra are both impressive, but they have bigger engines. But, i have HEARD(jus rumors ppl) that you can get a Skyline over 1500hp. I'm not sure if this is with or without switching to methanol. I don't know where i read this, but i heard that the Veilside Skyline was in a convention, and it was smoking ferrari's and a 900hp Supra. Even with the ATTESA system, that thing still had to be running around 800-900 or even more. Anyways, dat my
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #24
Inygknok
El del Supra

my opinion is the supra is by far the most tunable rice rocket in existance to this date. ok, so maybe one guy made a skyline that can kill 900hp supras, but how many Supras are out there that can kill such skylines? nowadays, its VERY common to see such power levels on the 2jz's, while in all other cars, its not even as close to common. lets not forget one other factoid, the 2JZ holds the record of the most HP with a bone stock bottom end, which was at around 900hp if im not mistaken (correct me if the numbers r wrong, but im sure it was around that or more). thing is, u have to take everything into consideration, bone stock engine performance and peak output, wat u can produce with strengthened internals, etc. plus, u have all been to the pro drag competitions right? with all the imports? just look at team streetglow and both of their solaras with 2jz's powering them, there is just no way to beat them. dont get me worng, i love the skyline, and the skyline is by far probably the most technological advanced rice rocket due to its ATTESA system and its ability to compete with the Supra like no other rice rocket. those 2 r the kings of their scene, but im sorry, the Supra has proven itself far more than the skyline up to this date. wat makes it better is how it can either be the skylines equal, or better without all the technological advances.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #25
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
my opinion is the supra is by far the most tunable rice rocket in existance to this date. ok, so maybe one guy made a skyline that can kill 900hp supras, but how many Supras are out there that can kill such skylines? nowadays, its VERY common to see such power levels on the 2jz's, while in all other cars, its not even as close to common. lets not forget one other factoid, the 2JZ holds the record of the most HP with a bone stock bottom end, which was at around 900hp if im not mistaken (correct me if the numbers r wrong, but im sure it was around that or more). thing is, u have to take everything into consideration, bone stock engine performance and peak output, wat u can produce with strengthened internals, etc. plus, u have all been to the pro drag competitions right? with all the imports? just look at team streetglow and both of their solaras with 2jz's powering them, there is just no way to beat them. dont get me worng, i love the skyline, and the skyline is by far probably the most technological advanced rice rocket due to its ATTESA system and its ability to compete with the Supra like no other rice rocket. those 2 r the kings of their scene, but im sorry, the Supra has proven itself far more than the skyline up to this date. wat makes it better is how it can either be the skylines equal, or better without all the technological advances.

You need at least 3 paragraphs for it to become an accepted opinion.

No less!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #26
Inygknok
El del Supra

lol fine, heres my 3 paragraphs

you

are a

post whore

:P

there, happy now?

PS: if this is not where im supposed to call u a post whore, well, sorry then, and be sure to tell me when am i supposed to do so.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:56 AM   #27
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
lol fine, heres my 3 paragraphs

you

are a

post whore

:P

there, happy now?

PS: if this is not where im supposed to call u a post whore, well, sorry then, and be sure to tell me when am i supposed to do so.

It wasn't meant for you n00b...it's an inside joke. Deal with it.

Plus...that's only 6 <Enter> hits...not 3 paragraphs...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 06-02-2004 at 07:58 AM.
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #28
Inygknok
El del Supra

ok so why did u bother quoting me n replying to it?

also, ill just indent next time....

like this..................
Old 06-02-2004, 11:56 AM   #29
SuperJew
I like pie.

.shkdgws.khi thought this was indenting

and where are you from in Puerto Rico?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #30
Inygknok
El del Supra

i tried making lots of spaces with the spacebar to indent since Tab doesnt work..... guess spaces dont work either :P

im from the metro area