Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

po po and production

Does the law havn't any influence on the production of cars. For example like acura integra, the civic hatch, and the prelude if you will. I suppose these were or could be considered "performance vehicles" that people mod. It seems me that "performance vehicles" are getting more rare as the years go by. Is this because they are just out of date cars or because street racers like to use them and car manufacturors are trying to prevent this because so many of them are endangering the lives of so many people?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

i honestly dont think car manufacturers seriously care that much about the lives of the people (sry to sound cruel, but that is the way corporations work).

anyhow, yea, the law does have a lot to do with the production of cars. as u know, cars have to past certain tests, which vary by country or region, in order to be approved for use in their roads. also, some countries have specific deals with specific car manufacturers to allow the import and exportation of their vehicles.

one example would be USA and Europe. yea, we see ferraris, lamborghinis, benz, and BMW's, but we never get to see Opels and Peugeots (sp?), unless an individual personally imports them (which doesnt really count in this case).

i dont think the law can control the quantity of a specific vehicle being built. thats more of a decision made by the corporation itself based on the demands for it. remember that the Integra was now dubbed the RSX in the states, and since not everyone (us younger citizens mainly) dont have the cash for them, and we are generally the ones that would want to buy one, they cut back on the production for it a bit.

thats as far as i know. if the law has any extra power over this then im sure someone else will inform us, but i doubt it. if anything, there was an Act that was signed quite some years ago, something about a monopoly thing...... which i should have payed more attention to in history class. anyhow, hope that helps.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
Does the law havn't any influence on the production of cars. For example like acura integra, the civic hatch, and the prelude if you will. I suppose these were or could be considered "performance vehicles" that people mod. It seems me that "performance vehicles" are getting more rare as the years go by. Is this because they are just out of date cars or because street racers like to use them and car manufacturors are trying to prevent this because so many of them are endangering the lives of so many people?
I guess I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that auto manufacturers are making less performance vehicles? I'm pretty sure that's wrong. 10 years ago their wasn't too much in terms of performance cars out there that were affordable. Now we've got the Charger, Challenger, SRT-4, STI, Evo, 350Z, a way faster Civic, Mustang GT, etc. Seems to me that we have more performance cars since the Musclecar era. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting your post.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
I guess I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that auto manufacturers are making less performance vehicles? I'm pretty sure that's wrong. 10 years ago their wasn't too much in terms of performance cars out there that were affordable. Now we've got the Charger, Challenger, SRT-4, STI, Evo, 350Z, a way faster Civic, Mustang GT, etc. Seems to me that we have more performance cars since the Musclecar era. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting your post.

yea I was giong for like the cheaper versions because not everyone can afford the challenger charger ect ect...But I think Iny answered it pretty well for what I was going for.