Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 PM   #106
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Yup. since you can't argue facts, ignore them. Beautiful.

Oh I get to do my first one already! Smart of you to go ahead and do this for a last shot, just like you, chris.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #107
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
My goodness, what an interesting turn this thread has taken...

Seems like it always ends up that way when Chris starts a load of shit up.

~Blow your mind~

Old 09-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #108
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

"You know everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:21 AM   #109
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Seems like it always ends up that way when Chris starts a load of shit up.

One I NEVER "start" shit, I only respond to it. Looking at your responses too Oombah at the end of the Integra vs Neon thread, you are repeating the same kinds of things I say to you, which I find so amusing. You get mad at hin for repeating ignorant crap just because it's his opinion, but you get mad at me when I tell YOU that.

Hypocrite.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #110
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
"You know everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers

Of course. Which is why you won't find me ARGUING about shit I don't know about, or have only formed rudimentary opinions on. You won't find me arguing about warships, or quantum physics, or medicine, or basket weaving, or photography. I'm not going to go on a medical message board and tell people that it's my opinion that you can cure a chest cold by rubbing grape jelley on your belly, and then whine about it just being my opinion when people tell me I'm wrong!

There's a thread here where I was discussing the learning curve I'm going to be building a Mega Squirt computer system for my Lexus V8 in my Comet. I simply don't know enough about it. So I go on the MegaSquirt mesage boards and ask a couple questions, learn what I can, and don't argue about anything.

Some people here should think on that before making statements about who's "starting crap."

Yes, everyone is ignorant about differnt things, That's why people should STFU until they are NOT uninfomrned, and quit forming unwavering, unassailable, unchangeable opinions based on nothing but conjecture and other opinions.

Again I ask why is it so important to hate things just because they aren't your favorites, and why is it so important to uphold opinions over knowledge? When did closed minded hatred become a virtue?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #111
Wally
I Know More Than You

Funny stuff You must not confuse robust and effervescent debate with stupidity Mr V.

One of the things I have learned is that while a person is arguing he/she will be receptive to new ideas. It's the silence that tells you that there is no scope for change.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #112
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Funny stuff You must not confuse robust and effervescent debate with stupidity Mr V.

I'll regard the inability or outright defiance to open up to new ideas to be stupidity. And I'll take arguiong that opinion is always mroe important than knowledge as stupidity. Especially on the internet where access to information is instant.

Quote:
One of the things I have learned is that while a person is arguing he/she will be receptive to new ideas.

Not on the internet. Anonymity makes hash of normal interaction. Especially when there is a pause inbetween making a statement and having someone read it. In person, the interchange is so fast and variations in inflection change the way an idea is presented, even in an argument.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-27-2005, 05:27 AM   #113
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
One I NEVER "start" shit, I only respond to it. Looking at your responses too Oombah at the end of the Integra vs Neon thread, you are repeating the same kinds of things I say to you, which I find so amusing. You get mad at hin for repeating ignorant crap just because it's his opinion, but you get mad at me when I tell YOU that.

Hypocrite.

And this is where i make you swallow your pride up once again by posting...

~Blow your mind~

Old 09-27-2005, 05:37 AM   #114
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast

I always look at these long threads and it seems that after the first 2 pages or so everyne gets off-topic and starts arguing, owell. we're hopeless.

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #115
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot
I always look at these long threads and it seems that after the first 2 pages or so everyne gets off-topic and starts arguing, owell. we're hopeless.

It's better than drinking coffee in the morning to perk up. I suggest trying it as a substitute just reading over these long threads.

On a side note. Anyone watch the LSU/UT game?

Damn refs had a game decided on a bad call AGAIN!!! OR a call they never made

~Blow your mind~

Old 09-27-2005, 10:35 PM   #116
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
And this is where i make you swallow your pride up once again by posting...

Heh, pride is for the weak
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:39 AM   #117
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

seriously, when are guys gunna stop the BS and start using the forum like its supposed to be used... (not bashing each other!)
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #118
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Of course. Which is why you won't find me ARGUING about shit I don't know about, or have only formed rudimentary opinions on. You won't find me arguing about warships, or quantum physics, or medicine, or basket weaving, or photography. I'm not going to go on a medical message board and tell people that it's my opinion that you can cure a chest cold by rubbing grape jelley on your belly, and then whine about it just being my opinion when people tell me I'm wrong!
You have no clue who I am, or what experience I have. The last I checked, I didnt provoke you (atleast not on this thread), you jumped on Steven, and I came in because I thought that you had learned that you simply cant change everyone's minds. You cant go around saying that 2+2=5 and expect everyone to change what they have been living with for thier entire lives and go on. That opinion is stupid.

Quote:
Some people here should think on that before making statements about who's "starting crap."
Exactly. You started the crap on this thread, and many others, and look where it has gotten you... you havent changed any of our minds.

Quote:
Yes, everyone is ignorant about differnt things, That's why people should STFU until they are NOT uninfomrned, and quit forming unwavering, unassailable, unchangeable opinions based on nothing but conjecture and other opinions.
I have the right to say what I wish. You have the right to disregard it.

Quote:
Again I ask why is it so important to hate things just because they aren't your favorites, and why is it so important to uphold opinions over knowledge?
Isnt knowledge, on average, gained from experience? From my experience I base my opinions. You, on the other hand, have had different experience and so have different opinions than I do.

You just have to realize that this forum is about the cars, not the drivers. You and I can continue argueing about this for the rest of our CF lifespans, but I dont expect that either one of us will change the other's ideals.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote