Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2004, 02:57 AM   #1
dvdb726
CF Newbie

Squealing Starter

Just replaced starter in my sons 89 blazer s10 and it has a high pitched squeal when he starts it. I have replaced a few starters and never had this before, I bolted right up so I cannot believe I didn't mount it properly...any thoughts? Thanks
dvdb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdb726
Just replaced starter in my sons 89 blazer s10 and it has a high pitched squeal when he starts it. I have replaced a few starters and never had this before, I bolted right up so I cannot believe I didn't mount it properly...any thoughts? Thanks

I can't say at all without hearing it of coarse. I don't know how great you are at auto repair so I don't know if you bolted it up right, because it is possible to bolt it up wrong. My only suggestion is to loosen the bolts, wiggle the starter, tighten it back up. Someone else here may be able to shed some light on the use of shims. I don't know the details on that particular truck so I'm not going to say.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:39 AM   #3
dvdb726
CF Newbie

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
I can't say at all without hearing it of coarse. I don't know how great you are at auto repair so I don't know if you bolted it up right, because it is possible to bolt it up wrong. My only suggestion is to loosen the bolts, wiggle the starter, tighten it back up. Someone else here may be able to shed some light on the use of shims. I don't know the details on that particular truck so I'm not going to say.

I'll try that...they actually shipped some shims in the box so maybe it is an issue with these starters.
dvdb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdb726
I'll try that...they actually shipped some shims in the box so maybe it is an issue with these starters.

Alright. Be careful. Use one at a time.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote