Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #16
jsmoov24
CF Newbie

the interior of the 5 series is nice and the front exterior is too but the rear design is awkward to me. plus I driven a 745i and that whole iDrive system is very difficult to get used to. but I think I will go test drie one just to see.... alot of people seem to like them...
jsmoov24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:36 AM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoov24
the interior of the 5 series is nice and the front exterior is too but the rear design is awkward to me. plus I driven a 745i and that whole iDrive system is very difficult to get used to. but I think I will go test drie one just to see.... alot of people seem to like them...
I think you'll find the iDrive system on all new BMW's has been made alot simpler so that isn't much of an issue now. As for the original question, I'd go for the Merc as I'm seeing too much of Ford in most new Jags, the switchgear especially, dont get me wrong, I like Ford...Just not in a Jag lol. That's my opinion though and I've never really liked Jags anyway If you decide to try something different, I would deffinatelly consider the 5 series
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:25 PM   #18
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I would go with the E500. I love the styling and (in my opinion) hate the styling of the S Type. The back is good...front is junk. Any ways...the E500 I expect is more reliable and probably got more hp as well as better handling...Go for the E500 all the way!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:09 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Wouldn't the new XJ be more of a match for the Merc? not that I'd influence anybody towards a Jag anyway but I just thought for the money it was a better rival...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 03-24-2004, 11:46 PM   #20
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Wouldn't the new XJ be more of a match for the Merc? not that I'd influence anybody towards a Jag anyway but I just thought for the money it was a better rival...
Actually the SType in my mind matches up, because the larger XJ matches with the S-Series MB.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Actually the SType in my mind matches up, because the larger XJ matches with the S-Series MB.
I did consider that fact but I think that the S-Type is a very similar car to the new XJ in style and performance, so I suppose that are both options although the XJ is more expensive

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 03-24-2004, 11:58 PM   #22
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Yes...but I was thinking size...he is looking at a medium sized car just like the S and the XJ is a full-sizedly huge car...maybe that is what he wants...I dont really know...
Old 03-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #23
jsmoov24
CF Newbie

I was actually thinking about the new 2004 XJ series, the XJ8. For the money you get alot of car and it is the flagship of Jaguar whereas the E500 is not for the same price... do you guys like the new XJ?? I have read reviews that this car is one of the better built Jags in a long time.. others says that Ford has designed too much to look like a Ford...
jsmoov24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #24
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I will admit that Ford has turned around the company, but I believe that they still have reliability problems that the MB wont have...the styling is ok, but I would still go with the E500...