Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
k8thrnwd
CF Newbie

Question 1994 Honda Passport Sputters in the AM

Most recently, when the weather has turned colder in the morning along with some dampness, my car, when started, vibrates hard initially then evens out, but it sounds like the engine has not fully warmed and although it is like a sputter, it has hesitation and is difficult to accelerate until it has gone a few miles under 30, then it is fine for the rest of the day. On one warm day, it was fine, another day it started the hesitattion/sputter again.
Do I need a tune up? Plugs?
k8thrnwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 AM   #2
Macc
CF Enthusiast

Has the check engine light come on? If it tends to mainly happen on damp days you might take a look at the distributor cap. Make sure that it doesn't have any cracks etc. and that the gasket/seal is in good shape. If the plug wires have'nt ever been changed it would'nt hurt. Any crack etc. could be causing the problem (especailly in damp conditions). If all of the above seem alright then I would suspect the Idle Air Control Valve. Otherwise possibly a sticking EGR valve, or a temperature sensor. Good luck!
Macc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
adamc44
CF Freak

check the plugs, same thing went wrong with my car about 4 in the mornign it would sputter a little and get going about a few miles downt he road. its only going to get worst.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote