Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 AM   #31
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeThis
And since you hate the "tuner" scene in your city so much I think you should quit whining about it and go to some meets/shows in other cities/states or move out entirely rather than comparing the whole tuner scene to your town. Forgive me if I think that namecalling, which pretty much you started, is disrespectul and immature.

do you understand what his beef is, though? i think i do, b/c the "tuner" scene in my area is much the same: cars w/ enough stickers, bolt-ons, and giant wings w/ fart cans driving around like maniacs b/c the only way they can make their cars seem fast is by locking up the e-brake, constantly over-revving their engines or trying to take a corner at 30mph in the wal-mart parking lot. yet these same people won't even look at you when you pull up to a light... the reason he puts "tuners" in quotes is b/c he's referring to wannabe's. don't get me wrong, i have respect for actual tuners. they are hot-rodders too, by definition. the proportion of actually fast cars to wannabes driving like assholes, and trying to intimidate w/ noise and obnoxoiusness is just way off in my area. it's like 100 wannabes to 2 tuners, and those 100 are giving the 2 a bad rep...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:37 AM   #32
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
do you understand what his beef is, though? i think i do, b/c the "tuner" scene in my area is much the same: cars w/ enough stickers, bolt-ons, and giant wings w/ fart cans driving around like maniacs b/c the only way they can make their cars seem fast is by locking up the e-brake, constantly over-revving their engines or trying to take a corner at 30mph in the wal-mart parking lot. yet these same people won't even look at you when you pull up to a light... the reason he puts "tuners" in quotes is b/c he's referring to wannabe's. don't get me wrong, i have respect for actual tuners. they are hot-rodders too, by definition. the proportion of actually fast cars to wannabes driving like assholes, and trying to intimidate w/ noise and obnoxoiusness is just way off in my area. it's like 100 wannabes to 2 tuners, and those 100 are giving the 2 a bad rep...

Oh sweet merciful jebus! someone understands me!

Edit: Completly forgot about the hot-rodders for awhile there. Been some time since I've seen them out in my city. Theres a small group(like 4 or 5) of middle-aged men who have classic trucks and cars, that are beautifully restored. They don't do a lot of cruising, they just sit and look pretty, but I know they can drive too... but it's those 4 or 5 against 3 or 4 LARGE groups of idiots.

Last edited by dodgerforlife : 06-30-2005 at 04:02 PM. Reason: thought of something else!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:00 AM   #33
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Everyone has DIFFERENT goals for their car and it is THEIR choice because it is THEIR car.

Okay, fair enough, different people do have different goals for their cars. My goal for ANY stereo I put into a car is for it to sound good, then be loud. Not the other way around, as some other people do it. But hey, if that is what they want, go hard, I can tell them how to get to their goal, and it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Also everyone has different abilities and different definitions of the word tuner (and this may come as a surprise to you but not everyone in the world wants to have a performance car). By your definition my 99 Stratus is rice, it's all show and no go. By my definition someone who buys kits and installs them or bolt ons is NOT a tuner either (my personal opinion), how hard is it to take something someone else made and bolt it on (with exceptions, ofcourse)????

Did you completly ignore my little story about the "tuner" from my school? The one who stuck on a body kit, got rims and a stereo, and then glow? Those are in NO way performance modifications. So it is not a suprise to me that not everyone wants a performance car. Hell, one of my best friends drives a Lada Niva, and he has done some dressing up(engine rebuild, stereo install, redid the interior) to it. And at that, he did it all himself. That thing is not a performance vehicle by any stretch of imagination, considering it tops out at about 85km/h, and our speed limit on highways around here is 110km/h. I think of him as more of a Tuner then the person from my school.

I never mentioned your Stratus. To be honest, it's a clean car. Doesn't bother me, it actually looks good, and whoever did the job was competent. Doesn't matter that you didn't do it for performance.

My definition of a TRUE tuner is someone who has a vision and idea for their car, and works towards it, not just going slap-happy with decals, or gaudy bolt-on body kits. HMMMMM, seems to me that we have matching definitions. How odd.

Quote:
But I don't flame on people who do that, I give credit to just about anyone out there who takes pride in their car and takes good care of it. Making them look nice or fast is an added bonus in my opinion no matter how you go about it - whether you do it yourself or have someone else do it. We cant all be good at everything!

Hey, if people have pride in their vehicles and take care of them, thats just fine. See above for the kind of vehicles I dislike. I've said it myself before, there's certain things that I wouldn't do to a car myself, but there is things I would do myself too... so that's fine, whatever.

Quote:
And since you hate the "tuner" scene in your city so much I think you should quit whining about it and go to some meets/shows in other cities/states or move out entirely rather than comparing the whole tuner scene to your town. Forgive me if I think that namecalling, which pretty much you started, is disrespectul and immature.

Oh yeah, I'm just going to hop in my car and haul off to a SoCal meet, or HIN. There is nothing decent within 10 hours driving distance of my city, or in any neighbouring province/state. And move where exactly? I'd like to think I have it pretty easy, being 18, living at home, and going to tech school.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #34
DodgeThis
CF Newbie

Agreed... and thanks for the nice comment on my ricemobile
DodgeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #35
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Agreed... and thanks for the nice comment on my ricemobile

it doesnt have a 4 foot wing on the back that somehow hid from me does it?

that's about the only thing that could make me trash-talk a dodge lol
Old 07-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #36
ferrariman666
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
I dont like them ricers either.
there only ricers if you make them that way there not bad