Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #16
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgart
Im 18 and live in Kansas, the only experience i have is driving for 2 years.

I donít think you need a turbo just yet. The Miata is a fine tuned automobile. It will do many things lots of other cars will not. You should spend a couple of years learning how to drive what you have. The addition of a turbo is so drastic that many young drivers canít handle the change.

Just add an approved SCCA roll bar and go have some fun. Donít buy non-approved. Many are for looks alone and will not support the weight of the car in case of rollover.

Here is the SCCA Miata site.
mx-5cup.com

Here is the Kansas Miata Club site.
heartlandmiata.com

Here is the Miata racing site. There are races in Topeka and Salina. Go to some races. These guys love to talk about their cars.
miataracing.net

Here is a good site for parts and goodies.
gomiata.com

Be careful when you start adding performance parts on your Miata. I have watched young guys spend thousands of dollars on special springs, special shocks, special tires, more power. . . etc, and then get beaten by a stock Miata. If you canít drive, you just canít drive.

Join a club. It is only about 25 bucks for the year. Itís fun to go on a road trip with 50 other Miataís. And you will learn from the other owners.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #17
Khadgart
CF Newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
I donít think you need a turbo just yet. The Miata is a fine tuned automobile. It will do many things lots of other cars will not. You should spend a couple of years learning how to drive what you have. The addition of a turbo is so drastic that many young drivers canít handle the change.

Just add an approved SCCA roll bar and go have some fun. Donít buy non-approved. Many are for looks alone and will not support the weight of the car in case of rollover.

Here is the SCCA Miata site.
mx-5cup.com

Here is the Kansas Miata Club site.
heartlandmiata.com

Here is the Miata racing site. There are races in Topeka and Salina. Go to some races. These guys love to talk about their cars.
miataracing.net

Here is a good site for parts and goodies.
gomiata.com

Be careful when you start adding performance parts on your Miata. I have watched young guys spend thousands of dollars on special springs, special shocks, special tires, more power. . . etc, and then get beaten by a stock Miata. If you canít drive, you just canít drive.

Join a club. It is only about 25 bucks for the year. Itís fun to go on a road trip with 50 other Miataís. And you will learn from the other owners.

Wow thanks dude
Khadgart is offline   Reply With Quote