Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Ivoryblade
CF Newbie

Is this a good skyline?

I have an opportunity to buy a 1996 Nissan SKYLINE GTS-T TYPE M SPEC II MT. It has an RB25DET engine and 130373 km on it. Right hand drive. Body is in good condition too. Just seeing if this is a good skyline/one that I can find parts easily available for it. Price isn't bad either, 5400 USD for it.

Comments?
Ivoryblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
Osiris
CF Newbie

Personally I love these cars... would never buy one but I love them. Nissan make good engines and the skyline has been around for years.. performance parts are normally easy to find as a lot of people like to modify these cars.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #3
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Now how are you going to have that car legally in the US for that lil amount of money? It takes about 15k or so to legalize them...so you will have a Skyline but one you could only use for off-road/track use
Old 04-11-2005, 06:19 AM   #4
insomnia
CF Newbie

sounds like bull. A real 1990 skyline will cost you $15k and up wards. This one is probably the one rotating around those sitse that say it has been recovered by the insurance company, etc. If it was really $5400 it would have been gone by now.
insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Yea I dont trust it either...like those MkIV Supra TT's that were 8k...I wouldnt trust those either

Think if they were really that cheap...you'd have Honda riceboy's having those cars w/spinner wheels and neon washer lights
Old 04-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
Osiris
CF Newbie

I stand by still loving the cars.. I just guess living in NZ is alot different to America...
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
I stand by still loving the cars.. I just guess living in NZ is alot different to America...

It's probably a lot the same, some people love certain cars... etc. I love Skylines. If I could afford a new 'vette I wouldn't buy it (although I love Corvettes), I'd be driving an R33 V-Spec Skyline courtesy of Motorex, but that's just me.

Yeah, for a RWD Skyline that's a slightly good price. I'm guessing you're the same guy that posted on 'Tuners. So I'll reiterate. You don't have to get vehicles legalized for public roads when you import them to the US. You can import them as "track only" or "off-road" only vehicles. In which case a RWD Skyline isn't really that desireable and they're very cheap overseas. So, I'm guessing it's legit but not legal to be driven on public roads.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #8
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Well yea in NZ, Japan even in the UK...you can get these cars alot cheaper than here and drive them legally there. But here in the states the DOT is a pain and if you are driving that car illegally around here on the roads or you swapped a VIN from another Nissan...you are gonna in serious trouble, fines and your car will be crushed.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
Ivoryblade
CF Newbie

From what I just read at http://www.epoi.com/faq.html , it would roughly cost 2x the original cost of the car. I guess motorex just charges out the ass...
Ivoryblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:10 AM   #10
ciVicman
CF Newbie

if youve got the money go for it. otherwise get a supra.
ciVicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:22 AM   #11
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryblade
From what I just read at http://www.epoi.com/faq.html , it would roughly cost 2x the original cost of the car. I guess motorex just charges out the ass...

Motorex is going out of business and will be sued by many so dont put faith in them...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #12
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciVicman
if youve got the money go for it. otherwise get a supra.

Yeah... since a decent TT Supra cost much less than $25K (good deal).
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote