Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

Cool Fun race the other night (s2k turbo vs SS)

So almost every night our whole crew <Link Removed> meets up downtown and we have this guy who knows shit about cars and just bought a 99 camaro ss, magnaflows headers...a lot of upgrades, and he is always trying to race with civics and other little cars and kills them like nothing so my buddy came down on a turbo s2000, he keeps it looking like a complete sleeper, stock exhaust, painted intercooler etc, ( his car vid: http://files.filefront.com/john_0001.../fileinfo.html) and we came up to the guy on ss and we were like since you kill all hondas y dont you race this one, he started laughing, saying that there is no point emberrasing john's (s2000 guy) wanna-be race car, then he was like "is it like 1.3L or something..." and kept laughing with his buddies. Ok finally after we said that a winner gets $100 we went on an empty interstate near by (6-7 cars to make sure we all witness it), john kept his on low so the ss guy wont hear his bov, on my three honks the hell camout loose, that ss sounded sooo good, but then the turbo sound overpowered it......they did 4 runs the s2000 was 4-5 car links ahead (384 whp @ 14.5psi). When we pulled over they shaked hands and they ss guy calmed down a bit now and is not an ass hole he used to be. The end. just thought i would share lol.

Last edited by Cliffy : 08-20-2007 at 11:21 PM.
07exlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Typical one-mined domestic car owner. Ignorance only hurts those who practice it. Nice S2K, although I wish there were a better video of the tachometer and speedometer while he was accelerating the car.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
they did 4 runs the s2000 was 4-5 car links ahead

What's a car link?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
So almost every night our whole crew <Link Removed> meets up downtown and we have this guy who knows shit about cars and just bought a 99 camaro ss, magnaflows headers...a lot of upgrades, and he is always trying to race with civics and other little cars and kills them like nothing so my buddy came down on a turbo s2000, he keeps it looking like a complete sleeper, stock exhaust, painted intercooler etc, ( his car vid: http://files.filefront.com/john_0001.../fileinfo.html) and we came up to the guy on ss and we were like since you kill all hondas y dont you race this one, he started laughing, saying that there is no point emberrasing john's (s2000 guy) wanna-be race car, then he was like "is it like 1.3L or something..." and kept laughing with his buddies. Ok finally after we said that a winner gets $100 we went on an empty interstate near by (6-7 cars to make sure we all witness it), john kept his on low so the ss guy wont hear his bov, on my three honks the hell camout loose, that ss sounded sooo good, but then the turbo sound overpowered it......they did 4 runs the s2000 was 4-5 car links ahead (384 whp @ 14.5psi). When we pulled over they shaked hands and they ss guy calmed down a bit now and is not an ass hole he used to be. The end. just thought i would share lol.
I removed the first link you provided, unfortunately it's a direct breach of the rules...What's good for the goose....you get where I'm going? lol. PM me if you have any issues or questions etc.

On topic again. I sure hope this isn't going to turn in to another anti-street racing thread...Everybody knows street racing is for wimps who don't have the bottle to take it to where the real men hang out....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Thats so satisfying. I hate people like that. Nice S2000 btw. What did he have done to it? Internals? I don't know anyone pushing over 300hp, not turbo any way, on stock internals.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

those are actually stock forged internals with a lifted head gasket for lower compression ans so far (2 yrs) no problems.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #7
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I like the F20C from an engineering standpoint, but would never own one. They are a tempermental engine.

Did you know the fuel being jetted into the engine is used as a cooling agent, and if you have a weak fuel pump or go lean for a few secs it REALLY EASY to fry a top end.

Had a local guy that raced with me and he fried his bolt on F20c twice within 3 months.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #8
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I removed the first link you provided, unfortunately it's a direct breach of the rules...What's good for the goose....you get where I'm going? lol. PM me if you have any issues or questions etc.

On topic again. I sure hope this isn't going to turn in to another anti-street racing thread...Everybody knows street racing is for wimps who don't have the bottle to take it to where the real men hang out....

ya i know what you mean with the link its fine, and we actually have the bottle to take it out to the track, (where we usually go once every month) and when someone disrespects us on the street the problem gets solved on the spot...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:55 AM   #9
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Forgot about running thicker head gaskets. I was wondeirng how he got the head spaced up. Thats awesome. I didn't actually think the internals would break at only 400hp, I just didn't understand how he dropped the compression to allow 14.5psi.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote