Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #16
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner

For the price, it's hard to argue the performance you can get out of a DSM. They are getting pretty cheap to pick up as well.

Get yourself a nice 1G and have some fun.

thats why i cant get rid of mine. its to attached to me. 1Gs 4 life

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #17
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKtEAGLE
thats why i cant get rid of mine. its to attached to me. 1Gs 4 life
Thats my next purchase. A 1g for a commuter car. N/A for the reliability factor

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #18
Ruiner
CF Newbie

My talon was the most fun vehicle I ever owned next to my conquest. I'll own another 1G someday.

MMBOOST - 420AWHP // 460AWTQ @ 17PSI
Ruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #19
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

ok well my friend is really in the same situation as you are except he wants to keep his automatic. He doen't want to get rid of his car because of the mods he has done to it already. There is a cheaper option than swapping for the 4g63 if you want to keep up with the GST. Check out hahn Racecraft they make turbo kits for 420a engines. http://www.turbosystem.com/auto/eclipse/eclipse.htm
Give them a call and talk to them. I believe the stage 1 kit is under $2000. and should get you to keep or beat GST's. The Stage 2 kit will let you beat GSX's.The stage 1 kit alone is cheaper than the 4g63 engine by itself. (when i bought my 4g63 the lowest i found was 1900 with 6 mo warranty)

Now in my opinion if you are attached to keeping your car this is the best option... If not , my best suggestion would be to just sell it and buy a GSX or GST. GSX if u want AWD....
Old 02-22-2008, 04:44 AM   #20
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
GSX if u want AWD....
Who doesn't lol. On another note I blew my turbo and broke my drivers side front axle today that was just placed on there Oh well the manufacturer I bought it from is sending me a new one and as for the turbo. Time to move on to bigger and better things

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #21
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
Who doesn't lol. On another note I blew my turbo and broke my drivers side front axle today that was just placed on there Oh well the manufacturer I bought it from is sending me a new one and as for the turbo. Time to move on to bigger and better things

i meant if he can afford AWD. That sucks i had some bad luck today too. FIrst i went to grab a bite to eat and parked teh car on the street. Come out and the security system tells me that my alarm had been off. I check the car and there is a stress crack on the front bumper which just got repainted three weeks ago. So i go to my moms subdivision and try to relax and bam my alarm goes off again. Someone else backs into my front bumper. I come out and the person is appolidgizing and said he will pay for any damages. I didn't see any new damages but it was dark. I guess i will see tommorow morning if there are more damages. It was only minor paint stress crack earlier.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #22
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
i meant if he can afford AWD. That sucks i had some bad luck today too. FIrst i went to grab a bite to eat and parked teh car on the street. Come out and the security system tells me that my alarm had been off. I check the car and there is a stress crack on the front bumper which just got repainted three weeks ago. So i go to my moms subdivision and try to relax and bam my alarm goes off again. Someone else backs into my front bumper. I come out and the person is appolidgizing and said he will pay for any damages. I didn't see any new damages but it was dark. I guess i will see tommorow morning if there are more damages. It was only minor paint stress crack earlier.

Well just have the guy pay for that then. Shouldn't be too much.