Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 12:15 AM   #1
JulieAnn
CF Newbie

VW GTI 1998 Question

How do you repair a exhaust shield vibration on this car? I just got it and I don't have much cash to get it fixed myself. Can I do this on my own?
JulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieAnn
How do you repair a exhaust shield vibration on this car? I just got it and I don't have much cash to get it fixed myself. Can I do this on my own?
1. That all depends.

2. Maybe, maybe not, See #1 for details.

Better yet, start here http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200 and perhaps your results will improve.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
JulieAnn
CF Newbie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
1. That all depends.

2. Maybe, maybe not, See #1 for details.

Better yet, start here http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200 and perhaps your results will improve.
Ok. sorry about that. My son asked me to ask the question. He is 17, just bought the little car a few days ago. he wants to be a mechanic and is always tinkering with cars. he took automotive class in high school and plans to go to tech school.
When he gets back in, I will have him give all the details on the car. I just know that it has 105000 miles on it. 2.o motor? nice clean car. he took it to a vw place today to get a diagnosist test done on it.
they said car was in good shape, but needed two things and i don't know what they were, one he would have to order a part for 200 and the other was the exhaust shield thing he said he could repair himself.
I will have him check on in a bit. thanks so much.
JulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote