Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
oceanfire0
CF Newbie

warning lamp 1990 Eagle Talon TSI

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but have a question about a warning lamp that turned on in my car last night. Its a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI, and the light in question is a small orange dummy light directly underneath the tachometer. There are a set of 3 lights down there, this one would be the closest to the center of the instrument panel. If anyone has one of these cars, please let me know what the light means, because I do not have an owners manual for the car. Also, I have not noticed and driveability problems since it came on. Thanks!
oceanfire0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanfire0
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but have a question about a warning lamp that turned on in my car last night. Its a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI, and the light in question is a small orange dummy light directly underneath the tachometer. There are a set of 3 lights down there, this one would be the closest to the center of the instrument panel. If anyone has one of these cars, please let me know what the light means, because I do not have an owners manual for the car. Also, I have not noticed and driveability problems since it came on. Thanks!

it should read something? this is the closest pic i found of the dash hope it help's

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

best thing you can do if you havent noticed any problems and dont know how to read ignition codes/dont have the owners manual is to get it checked out at a shop. Get them to hook it up to their computer and run a diagnostics check...

most likely a sensor issue of some sort....i know my truck had a problem with that....it runs fine, but the o2 sensor(or wiring) is faulty(yes we've had it looked at and the sensor replaced), so the check engine dash light comes on every now and then, then it will disappear for awhile. BUT, we did not know that until we had it put through a diagnostic check.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote