Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #121
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
And you're saying you're better than him at those subjects? I don't even know him that well but I do know you well enough to say that I have doubts about that.
Did I say that I am a better driver than him? No. I said that I am a skilled driver. Also I said that I am better at some things than he is and vise versa. I may be a better driver than him but I dont know, so therefore I never said it.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #122
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Sorry but... As someone who is and has been ASE CMAT (I have 23 ASE certs in total) for years and owns multiple shops, I can assure you from the short time I've seen this individual operate that he is not automotive technician material or military material for that matter.
I still believe that getting 1 or 2 ASE certifications and doing what he likes to do (even if it's mounting tires at a local 76 station due to his supposed ineptitude), is a much better decision than going to the military becase he doesn't have any other choice.

Quote:
Until he takes invetory of his talents and apptitude and matures a little he'll find it hard to progress, or even get into, most career fields.

He's still young, give him another year or two. The reality about to hit him will knock him down like a bullet train, and when he picks himself up, I'm sure he'll be a productive worker. Being a senior in high school, I see this happen frequently.

Quote:
BTW, those eight test that you speak of have about a 33% failure rate with experienced techs and well over 50% for those who take them before they meet the two year work requirement.
Interesting. I took a couple short practice ones from my instructor (who has something like 20-25 ASE certs), and they didn't seem that hard. Just a little misleading. Surely even you believe that if he studies hard enough, he'll pass the engine component test?
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:05 PM   #123
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Interesting. I took a couple short practice ones from my instructor (who has something like 20-25 ASE certs), and they didn't seem that hard. Just a little misleading. Surely even you believe that if he studies hard enough, he'll pass the engine component test?
To be honest, to me they're not that difficult for the most part. The lowest score I've ever recieved on any of my cert or re-cert tests was a 91%. On the other hand I slept through most of my high school years and time in college and always managed to maintain a 3.7 gpa or better. I don't think I'm that smart, I just take certain things seriously, ASE testing being one of them. That and I'm a notoriously good tester... No fear.

At any rate it's his decision to make, not mine. I always look at it from the standpoint of an employer. From what I see here he wouldn't get in the door. On the other hand, anyone who has honorably completed their service obligation in the military normally has a head start when looking for a job. There are far worse ways to spend the first four years out of school tahn being enlisted.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:51 AM   #124
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
Did I say that I am a better driver than him? No. I said that I am a skilled driver. Also I said that I am better at some things than he is and vise versa. I may be a better driver than him but I dont know, so therefore I never said it.

Not sure if skilled wold be the word... from your comments about when you started pulling the e-brake and couldn't stop... and you and Nissan Altima talking about you almost hitting cars many times lol.... dunno...

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 AM   #125
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Not sure if skilled wold be the word... from your comments about when you started pulling the e-brake and couldn't stop... and you and Nissan Altima talking about you almost hitting cars many times lol.... dunno...
Almost hitting cars? What are you talking about? And I pull the e-brake and slide corners with control, not like a buddy of mine named ilya trying to be like me and "drifting" in Nissan Altima's car, flying off of the road, beding his rim, throwing off his tire balance, and causing one of his underlights to fall off and break. I have control over how I drive.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:29 AM   #126
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Almost hitting cars? What are you talking about? And I pull the e-brake and slide corners with control, not like a buddy of mine named ilya trying to be like me and "drifting" in Nissan Altima's car, flying off of the road, beding his rim, throwing off his tire balance, and causing one of his underlights to fall off and break. I have control over how I drive.

All I know is awhile back I remember you and him talking about something and he was saying how you nearly hit someone's car, as for the E-brake there was a thread where you said you were pullin it alot and was asking about the effects of it and were talking about your tires.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 AM   #127
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Mhmmm

Here's the thread...http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...205#post133205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Or until you smash someone's car from behind like you almost did today to Vlad's Camry a couple of times...

Btw, what nerve pulling up to an 03 RSX Manual and screeching your tires at him as if you'd stay anywhere near him if you were to race!

Quote:
lol
i came nowhere close to hitting vlad
well that one time when we were going down the golf courses with that wet spot
cant wait till it rains im gona have a blast
see you on the blacktop

And pulling the E-brake and I quote

Quote:
yea i did it about 50 times just today
gota lay off of it before my car ends up in a tree because my brakes failed
lol

Any of that refreshen your memory?

Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 AM   #128
6000LE
Banned

I do that on purpose to mess with my friends. Did that ever come to mind?
Just today I stole Nissan_Altima's underlight remote and was playing with it when we were going down the street turning them on and off making them different colors. Or maybe how I jumped out of the bushes, and scared the hell out of my frined Ilya. I just do those kinds of things.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:51 AM   #129
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I do that on purpose to mess with my friends. Did that ever come to mind?
Just today I stole Nissan_Altima's underlight remote and was playing with it when we were going down the street turning them on and off making them different colors. Or maybe how I jumped out of the bushes, and scared the hell out of my frined Ilya. I just do those kinds of things.

Well that is not how it came across now was it? You said I did it like 50 times today gotta stop before I end up in a tree, not Yeah I did it a ton today it was fun messin with you guys. Infact nowhere in either of those two post did you post anything resembling the fact that you were messing around. In both of them you seemed serious and or wreckless. Remember this is a forum, none can read minds.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:58 AM   #130
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Well that is not how it came across now was it? You said I did it like 50 times today gotta stop before I end up in a tree, not Yeah I did it a ton today it was fun messin with you guys. Infact nowhere in either of those two post did you post anything resembling the fact that you were messing around. In both of them you seemed serious and or wreckless. Remember this is a forum, none can read minds.
I suppose I should now be more clear so that anyone can understand what I am saying
Old 10-30-2005, 06:03 AM   #131
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I suppose I should now be more clear so that anyone can understand what I am saying

Please do it will clear up many posts before they are posted.