Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Hostage
CF Newbie

Honda 2005 Si

Been doing some research on this car lately. Anyone out there happen to own one? If so, im a little confused on how that whole shifter in the dash board works. Is it comfortable and what not? Tell me some stuff about about the car(mileage, accel, top speed, handeling)

I'd read reviews and all but i trust people here more often. People often give a car bad reviews becuase of their own stupidity of grinding the crap out of a car or just being dumb in general.

Thanks in advance.
Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage
Been doing some research on this car lately. Anyone out there happen to own one? If so, im a little confused on how that whole shifter in the dash board works. Is it comfortable and what not? Tell me some stuff about about the car(mileage, accel, top speed, handeling)

I'd read reviews and all but i trust people here more often. People often give a car bad reviews becuase of their own stupidity of grinding the crap out of a car or just being dumb in general.

Thanks in advance.

A good solid car. The shifter is the best feeling in any car I've been in (more cars should put it where it is in the Si). It's not the best in the sport compact market by far, but it's definatley one with enough space for four and has a fun engine to play with. The handling is about mid-pack in the sport compact segment but probably the best when the HFP package is added on. To me it was the most comfortable sport compact I drove. It'll get great mileage as most sport compacts do and it should run in the low-mid 15s in the 1/4. Honestly, if you have enough money to buy an 05 Si, save up a few more bucks and buy the new 06 coupe Si. It's freakin rediculous.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
Hostage
CF Newbie

Yeah i was thinking of the 2006 but as soon as i saw the MPG, i knew that id be putting alot of money into it. As i am just a college student right now haha, it would be a hassel dealing with 22/31 mpg.

Thanks for the info.
Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage
Yeah i was thinking of the 2006 but as soon as i saw the MPG, i knew that id be putting alot of money into it. As i am just a college student right now haha, it would be a hassel dealing with 22/31 mpg.

Thanks for the info.
Thats not all that bad.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

The standard Civic gets like 30 city and 40 highway, thats like a damn Prius
Old 10-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

The new Civic Hybrid is crazy. So many mpg!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote