Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Respect - Who deserves it?
Everyone, regardless of whether they have earned it or not 8 24.24%
Only those who have earned it. 21 63.64%
Indifferent/Other(please comment as to why) 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 AM   #46
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinoman80
I was just using it as an example hobo. I'm saying everyone in my book starts off with my respect and they can do things to lose it and also gain it back.
I still don't see how you can respect someone you know nothing about. Here are a few definitions of respect straight out of the dictionary;

1. an attitude of admiration or esteem

2. a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard

3. a feeling of friendship and esteem

4. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)

5. regard highly; think much of

How does any of that apply to someone that you just met? I really can't comprehend that.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:00 AM   #47
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I still don't see how you can respect someone you know nothing about. Here are a few definitions of respect straight out of the dictionary;

1. an attitude of admiration or esteem

2. a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard

3. a feeling of friendship and esteem

4. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)

5. regard highly; think much of

How does any of that apply to someone that you just met? I really can't comprehend that.

On the contrary, how can you disrespect someone that you have just met? My point is that I give everyone my respect until they do something that takes it away. If you don't agree with that, then that's your opinion.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 AM   #48
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
On the contrary, how can you disrespect someone that you have just met? My point is that I give everyone my respect until they do something that takes it away. If you don't agree with that, then that's your opinion.
Don't put words in my mouth. Show me anywhere that I said to disrespect someone you just met. Can't do it because I didn't type it. You seem to live a very black and white life in a world filled with gray. Why can't you just meet a person and reserve judgement until you know something about them? Isn't that the logical and intelligent thing to do?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 AM   #49
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. Show me anywhere that I said to disrespect someone you just met. Can't do it because I didn't type it. You seem to live a very black and white life in a world filled with gray. Why can't you just meet a person and reserve judgement until you know something about them? Isn't that the logical and intelligent thing to do?

Did you not just hear me? If you don't agree with me, thats fine. I think that everyone deserves respect until they do something to lose it. That's my opinion. It seems to me that if everyone's opinion isn't like yours that it can't be right.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:11 AM   #50
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Did you not just hear me? If you don't agree with me, thats fine. I think that everyone deserves respect until they do something to lose it. That's my opinion. It seems like if everyone's opinion isn't like yours that it can't be right.
Did you hear me? I said don't put words in my mouth. And again, show me where I stated you aren't entitled to your opinion. All I said is I can't comprehend it because it's not based on intellect or logic. I've explained my side, why can't you explain yours?

Old 11-01-2005, 04:20 AM   #51
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Did you hear me? I said don't put words in my mouth. And again, show me where I stated you aren't entitled to your opinion. All I said is I can't comprehend it because it's not based on intellect or logic. I've explained my side, why can't you explain yours?

I've explained my side, multiple times. Go back up and read.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:36 AM   #52
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I've explained my side, multiple times. Go back up and read.
Well, no you didn't. You said;

Quote:
I voted other because I think all people deserve respect, until there is a reason they shouldn't. Think of it like this, you start a class at 100% and your grade is raised or lowered by your performance. So, everyone starts off with my respect, until they do something that takes it away.
It tell us what you do, but not why and also uses a crappy analogy. Then you said this;

Quote:
I was just using it as an example hobo. I'm saying everyone in my book starts off with my respect and they can do things to lose it and also gain it back.
Again what you do but not why, so you went to this;

Quote:
And this;

Quote:
Did you not just hear me? If you don't agree with me, thats fine. I think that everyone deserves respect until they do something to lose it. That's my opinion. It seems to me that if everyone's opinion isn't like yours that it can't be right.
All I'm asking is why. What do you base your opinion on. All I want you to do is explain it so I can understand and not twist my words into something I never said.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:00 AM   #53
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Gee Cliffy, I couldn't possibly give you an honest answer because you'd be a big man and close the thread... After you got in the last word. You are a perfect example of why so many people have no respects for their bosses, elected officials, school administrators, teachers, etc. You are right, at least in your own mind, not because you have facts and logic to support your actions but because you have power over others as in this forum where you have the power to edit or close threads for no good reason, Even worse is when somebody else closes a thread and you re-open it to add some of your ignorant bullsh*t and then re-close it.

Why aren't I a mod anymore Cliffy? Do ya really want to know? There are a couple of reasons but this was the primary one. When we were kicking around the list of names for who to add as new mods, your name was unfortunately on the list. Others were neutral but I was vehemently opposed to you being nominated. I foresaw exactly how you would abuse your powers and made it very clear that I wanted nothing to do with a power hungry, candyassed and essentially worthless piece of sh*t like you and wanted in no way to be associated with your type. You couldn't and still can't even run your own POS forum and you're not doing this one any favors either. The bottom line is that there was a vote taken and I lost. Great, democracy works. But as I tell so many dumbasses like you on this forum, I could chose to continue to participate and be part of the problem or I could seperate myself from the situation and not. I chose not.

So Cliffy, the short answer is that I'm not a mod anymore because for some people in this world principle is still more important than position. I'm one of those people and because of that nobody on this forum can put my name in the same basket as a jerkoff like you. Normally at this point I would say have a nice day but for you... Just f*ck off and die Cliffy.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Make sure you follow your pattern by making some stupid comments to get in the last word and then close the thread as usual.
I knew why you opted out of Modship....or was almost certain, anyway. You really didn't need to type all that, it must have taken you hours....what with your joints n' all. Tell you what hobo, you just cant grasp the fact that I'm respected here at CF. So, I think you're in a minority...That post summed you up nicely

Have a nice day....Do make sure you dont accidentally fall underneath the wheels of a Bus

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 11-01-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #54
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

how about people start out deserving courtesy, and earn your respect based on what you decide. later, they could potentially lose your respect and lose their right to courtesy from you, depending on the situation. some people will remain between courtesy and respect forever. they're not bad people, they just don't have what it takes to bump it up to respect...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #55
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Methinks we need some respect on these forums
Old 11-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #56
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
how about people start out deserving courtesy, and earn your respect based on what you decide. later, they could potentially lose your respect and lose their right to courtesy from you, depending on the situation. some people will remain between courtesy and respect forever. they're not bad people, they just don't have what it takes to bump it up to respect...

Not a bad description. On forums, that means until you post the same old tired crap that shows you haven't thought the situation through, you get courtesy. After that, all bets are off. If you show the willingness to learn and keep an open mind, you get respect. If you show a good base of knowledge, you gain respect. You argue about the right to an opinion you lose respect, and you keep repeating dumbass statements and show a complete lack of desire to learn why a mistaken statement is mistaken, you lose all of it. WHo have we seen here like that? Jay-G? Oomba? Our new European friend?

The problem is too many people want to be treated with respect even when they have not only not earned it, but actively done things to lose it. In fact, there is nothing to even say they should be treated civilly, much less with respect.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #57
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Methinks we need some respect on these forums
I agree

*tries to figure out why Hobo thinks I'm on a power trip......stops thinking, doesn't care, nuff said*

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 11-01-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #58
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Would you both please get a room?
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 AM   #59
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Would you both please get a room?

i thought you respected everyone....that doesnt seem like to respectful of a statement...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 AM   #60
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
in my books you start with three strikes and you have to work them off, but i have a good bullshit face and can make anyone feel respected