Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #31
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_emissions
The catholic church is just hiding the fact that if they people knew the truth about them, they'd be done. But, it would only affect catholics and christians, who would be pissed that they've been lied to for hundreds of years. Most civilized people aren't part of 'cults', as I like to call them, full of dogma and discrimination anyways.
Oh, just shut the f*ck up. Your opinions are retarded and you suck. Go bless the libbies with your questionable wisdom.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #32
musclecarneon
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
it's FICTION.

And the dead sea scrolls. But hey, why not ignore your religious writings. THat's part of the speculative "what if." that good novels are built on.

Really? Go figure that some of a fiction novel might be made up.

Ohk, cry a ****ing river. Catholic preist jokes make teh church look bad. The f*cking Inquistion made the church look bad. There's a LOT more where that came from. Get the sand out of your vagina. He wrote a novel. Mobster novels make the Italians look bad, there are police novels that make the police forces look bad. How about that movie, Training Day, with Denzell Washington? Bad cops as the main plot point. It's what mystery and action dramas do.

It's not refreshing to see you be completely idiotic about it. You came on here like gangbusters saying anyone who likes the book SUCKS. Therefore you get what you deserve, you twit.

If you only read parts of it and can't handle that it's a FICTION NOVEL, you're a retard. First part about having an expert opinion is to actually know your subject. You don't. Period, assclown.

YOUR goddamn interpretation, idiot. He's stated over and over, and did in the book, that it's a work of fiction based on some historical situations and some speculation. Just because you're too closed minded to understand that doesn't make the BOOK the problem.

You'd still be factually wrong, retard. "my bad?" Nice retort, moron.

That's not the problem of the stories, now is it, dumbass? People BELIEVE a lot of things, no matter WHAT the facts are. Look at what YOU believe, wthout even HAVING all the information.

Shut the f*ck up. That just proves how f*cking retarded you are. I'm a registered republican, and a non practicing catholic. My wife and stepson are both confirmed catholics, and WE ALL LIKE THE F*CKING BOOK! So go blow your "leftist atheist agenda" out your ass somewhere else. Intelligent people are having none of it. (especially as Dan Brown is neither Leftist nor atheist)

Damn, this kind of unintelligent, literally ignorant response from idiots like you pisses me off.

And since you started this little bashfest with the "all of you people suck" crap, I feel fully justified in responding to you like this.
All right, if that's the way you want to play, you f*cking homosexual little monkey shit, that's the way we'll play. I have this to say to you: you suck. Your mother and father suck for having you. Your grandparents and great-grandparents, down to the four hundredth generation, suck for having sex too much and coming up with a retarded little mother f*cking asshole like yourself. Your opinions are idiotic and I can smell the putridity of the utterly deformed and retarded monkey shit that's crammed into your ugly skull in place of a brain. You suck so much I can't believe you haven't turned yourself inside out. When did you learn to read? Yesterday? Can you use correct grammer yet? Spell? How the hell do you drive a car on the road without being shot on sight by the people who have a public duty to rid the gene pool of assholes like you? Here's a hint: go wreck your car and die in a gasoline-fed fireball and the world will be that much better.
Y-O-U S-U-C-K. Savvy?
I hate to tell you the truth but you deserve it. There goes your little bubble.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #33
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

What is it about the anonymous nature of the internet that breeds these esoteric little f*cks?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon
All right, if that's the way you want to play, you f*cking homosexual little monkey shit, that's the way we'll play. I have this to say to you: you suck. Your mother and father suck for having you. Your grandparents and great-grandparents, down to the four hundredth generation, suck for having sex too much and coming up with a retarded little mother f*cking asshole like yourself. Your opinions are idiotic and I can smell the putridity of the utterly deformed and retarded monkey shit that's crammed into your ugly skull in place of a brain. You suck so much I can't believe you haven't turned yourself inside out. When did you learn to read? Yesterday? Can you use correct grammer yet? Spell? How the hell do you drive a car on the road without being shot on sight by the people who have a public duty to rid the gene pool of assholes like you? Here's a hint: go wreck your car and die in a gasoline-fed fireball and the world will be that much better.
Y-O-U S-U-C-K. Savvy?
I hate to tell you the truth but you deserve it. There goes your little bubble.
Time for you to shut the hell up (and ChrisV...but more so you!) and read the rules.....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
Wally
I Know More Than You

I must admit I haven't read the book, but I intend seeing the movie. Seems an even split amongst my friends who have read it; good read or insult to literary competency.

In fairness to musclecarneon, the concept of the Roman Catholic church being the font of treachery and deceit is wearing thin. We all know how poorly they behaved over the years; eg Columbus' financier Isabella and her lacky Tomas de Torquemada did some terrible things to Muslims and heretics in the name of the church.

Just the precept that Jesus fathered a child is sacrilegious to a true Christian.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #36
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
the concept of the Roman Catholic church being the font of treachery and deceit is wearing thin

Thats just the thing. If you read the book they dont really come out like that. Its more about the greed of the individuals.

Hell the church doesnt even play a big roll in the book.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:16 AM   #37
Wally
I Know More Than You

Maybe I should read the book, but I thought the main theme was an organisation called "Priory of Sion" keeping vigil over the descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus (read God to christians) to protect them from the evil Roman Catholic Church? A basic tenet of Christain belief is that Jesus was sinless, so how did he father a child?

Last edited by Wally : 05-02-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:59 AM   #38
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Maybe I should read the book, but I thought the main theme was an organisation called "Priory of Sion" keeping vigil over the descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus (read God to christians) to protect them from the evil Roman Catholic Church? A basic tenet of Christain belief is that Jesus was sinless, so how did he father a child?
wally, where do babies come from?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:00 AM   #39
Wally
I Know More Than You

Santa Claus delivers them during the off season.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #40
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:

Yes thats what it is about, but the roman catholic church doesnt come out as evil, only a few key players do.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:11 AM   #41
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I still think it's funny that someone can't seem to differentiate between fiction and NON-Fiction. God bless the public school systems.

and Matthew...two thumbs up for that eloquent play on words
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 AM   #42
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Well sir, I have about 50 pages to go, and it sure is getting twisty!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #43
hayala
CF Newbie

I just got done reading DV Code yesterday....I did not expect the ending. This book was basically a murder mystery with a twist. And yes it was a FICTION. With some fact...the Louvre pyramid does exsist, as does Opus Die and no they are not a boyscout troop for the catholic church....google it..
hayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #44
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
I must admit I haven't read the book, but I intend seeing the movie. Seems an even split amongst my friends who have read it; good read or insult to literary competency.

In fairness to musclecarneon, the concept of the Roman Catholic church being the font of treachery and deceit is wearing thin. We all know how poorly they behaved over the years; eg Columbus' financier Isabella and her lacky Tomas de Torquemada did some terrible things to Muslims and heretics in the name of the church.

Just the precept that Jesus fathered a child is sacrilegious to a true Christian.
Amen, brother. Especially "the concept of the Roman Catholic church being the font of treachery and deceit is wearing thin". Listen to him.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #45
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon
Amen, brother. Especially "the concept of the Roman Catholic church being the font of treachery and deceit is wearing thin". Listen to him.

Thats just the thing, when you read the book they DONT COME OUT THAT WAY. Brown is a very talented writer, which is why he has the opus die play such an integral roll in the story, he didn't want to cause a huge drama by balming the church for everything.

Musclecarneon, you have yet to read the book and are so opinionated about it. Ignorance and intolerance lead to horrible things, and although this is just a small matter of a novel, it does show your level of stubburness in all things in life and I would suggest reading the book WITH AN OPEN MIND and coming to your own conclusion as to browns message