Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2004, 06:04 AM   #31
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
hell yah SPM. I had a friend named Miguelle(is in lockup now, ) who got me into a bit of mexican rap. Some of it's okay..

But you make fun of SPM, and you like Usher? Haha... :-X *shuts up*

I got a hold of some of SMPs music. Pretty cool stuff. Mexican Radio is probably my favorite I've heard so far...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:38 AM   #32
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Rappers? Hang them,cut their necks,burn the bodies and deposit in hell

Your Musical Opinions

lectroid was looking to bait me like a fish but you took the bait instead, “SUCKER” and a sucker is a fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra LS
Jay Z has very few "good" things to say. I can name about 10 of his commercial songs that were ridiculous, Big Pimpin(funny song, but lyrical content was... D+) and songs like that.

Nas, and Jay Z could never compare to 2pac. How many albums have they released? How many Freestyles have they done? 2pac was way ahead of his game in the early 90's. His style started out old school, and then slowly changed his style and made it better and faster. 2pac showed progression throughout his albums, while Nas, and Jay-z have both Degressed in my opinion. Jay Z was so much better when he was broke(:laughs. And Come on, everyone knows Nas's Illmatic was good, but the next two were weak, Stillmatic did bring him up higher than Jay Z in my oppinion. Also, ether was 5x better than jay-z's weak diss. BUT...None of those diss songs can hold ANYTHING to Hit 'Em Up by 2pac.

I’m not sure about how much freestyle Jay-Z’s done but DJ Nonsense might know. I think that he’s respected when it comes to his freestyle. Degressed isn’t a word Integra LS… or for your pioneerization of the English language, maybe I should call you Don King. Hit ‘Em Up by Tupac was a different kind of dis song though. He didn’t ‘keep it on wax’ with The Notorious B.I.G.
By the way, a ":laughs:" inside a pair of "()" doesn't work does it : + ) =

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Nonsense
What about people like Mos Def? Or Talibe Kweil (sp?)? Now those are rappers that rap about stuff with meaning and are among the few true lyricist left.

I’ve never heard Mos Def or Talibe Kweil. The same goes for Cannabis and Comman Sense but I’ve heard good things about them before. So what do you think of Dead Prez? I've only seen that "Hip-Hop" video, which got me interested.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:19 AM   #33
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Holy crap - there are tons of bands and such that I like.

Just to name a few off the top of my head (in no order):
Linkin Park
Vertical Horizon
DoubleDrive
Ra
Aerosmith
Blink-182
Bone Thugs
Brian McKnight
Chevelle
Coldplay
CrazyTown
dcTalk
Disturbed
Edwin McCain
some Eminem
Evanescence
Eve 6
Everclear Fuel
Godsmack
Green Day
Incubus
Hoobastank
Three Days Grace
Story of the Year
Smile Empty Soul
Revis
Perfect Circle
Jars of Clay
some Limp Bizkit
Metallica
Nirvana
Nelly
Nickelback
Offspring
Our Lady Peace
Puddle of Mudd
Paul Oakenfold
Saliva
Theory of a Dead Man
Tool
Train

And many many others. Most groups I only like one or two songs, so yeah. I'll stop now - long post - sorry!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:21 AM   #34
SuperJew
I like pie.

you got good music taste staravenger....although im not digging the Metallica or Nelly.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:32 AM   #35
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
you got good music taste staravenger....although im not digging the Metallica or Nelly.

Thanks!

Oh and about Nelly and Metallica - those are a good example of those bands that I don't like all of their music, just some.

Same with Petey Pablo, Staind, Alien Ant Farm, Baby Bash, Five for Fighting, John Mayer, Crystal Method, The Darkness, Filter, Sublime, Lil John, Usher, Trillville.

I dunno, I have such a wide variety of music. You name it, and I probably like it.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:37 AM   #36
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAvengerGirl
Thanks!

Oh and about Nelly and Metallica - those are a good example of those bands that I don't like all of their music, just some.

Same with Petey Pablo, Staind, Alien Ant Farm, Baby Bash, Five for Fighting, John Mayer, Crystal Method, The Darkness, Filter, Sublime, Lil John, Usher, Trillville.

I dunno, I have such a wide variety of music. You name it, and I probably like it.

okay. what about gospel music?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:38 AM   #37
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You name it, and I probably like it.
Anything by Meatloaf?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:39 AM   #38
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
okay. what about gospel music?

Well, its not so much gospel as it is alternative/rock christian music. For example, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, dcTalk, MercyMe. I like those groups too, just don't listen to them as much as I should.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:47 AM   #39
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Anything by Meatloaf?

Okay - so you may have got mer here - but I KNOW I know their music, but I just can't think of any of their songs off the top of my head. Help me out here?
Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 AM   #40
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Okay - so you may have got mer here - but I KNOW I know their music, but I just can't think of any of their songs off the top of my head. Help me out here?
Bat outta hell, Two outta three aint bad, Rock 'n Roll dreams, More than you deserve (my fav), Anything for love, Paradise by the dasboard light, Couldn't have said it better myself (his new one), and thats just a few...the list of Mr.Loaf classics goes on and on!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-05-2004, 04:05 AM   #41
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
lectroid was looking to bait me like a fish but you took the bait instead, “SUCKER” and a sucker is a fish

I’m not sure about how much freestyle Jay-Z’s done but DJ Nonsense might know. I think that he’s respected when it comes to his freestyle. Degressed isn’t a word Integra LS… or for your pioneerization of the English language, maybe I should call you Don King. Hit ‘Em Up by Tupac was a different kind of dis song though. He didn’t ‘keep it on wax’ with The Notorious B.I.G.
By the way, a ":laughs:" inside a pair of "()" doesn't work does it : + ) =

I’ve never heard Mos Def or Talibe Kweil. The same goes for Cannabis and Comman Sense but I’ve heard good things about them before. So what do you think of Dead Prez? I've only seen that "Hip-Hop" video, which got me interested.

He-he.

Anyway I have a few of Jay-Z's freestyles. There on my mixtapes. The freestyles are off of other peoples beats but he murders the tracks lyrically as usual.

Heard a little of Dead Prez stuff but I am not on it which I might start gettin into. I am not really feeling Canabis only heard a little of Common Sense and from what I heard from him hes tight. But Mos Def and Talibe are 2 of my favorites and there lyrics are crazy but they don't get that much credit cause they are still considered "underground".

I see we have alot of Linkin Park fans on the boards. They kick ass!

Meatloaf? I heard of the name but can't remember what they sing either. Are they a band like the Beattles?

Takes a long time to gain respect, but it only takes seconds to lose it
DJ Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:06 AM   #42
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Bat outta hell, Two outta three aint bad, Rock 'n Roll dreams, More than you deserve (my fav), Anything for love, Paradise by the dasboard light, Couldn't have said it better myself (his new one), and thats just a few...the list of Mr.Loaf classics goes on and on!

Ah, yes, I recognize a few now. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:10 AM   #43
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Ah, yes, I recognize a few now. Thanks!
No probs...and just to make it absolutelly clear Meatloaf is a 'he' and not a 'they'....just had to nip that one in the bud and no DJ Nonsense, he's not like the Beatles lol..check out the following link to listen to him...I'm quite shocked how some of you guys from the States have never heard of him lol

Meatloaf

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-05-2004 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #44
StarAvengerGirl
CF Newbie

Quote:
No probs...and just to make it absolutelly clear Meatloaf is a 'he' and not a 'they'....just had to nip that one in the bud

Well you can't forget the musicians! That makes 'him' a 'they'
Old 04-05-2004, 04:23 AM   #45
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Well you can't forget the musicians! That makes 'him' a 'they'
I was gonna mention that....Meatloaf has always only been known as a 'one man band' so to speak, he does all the singing apart from the backing vocals etc (his daughter's one of them I believe).