Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 05:18 AM   #31
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Nothing against you, but I'm not sure how your original post 'contributed' anything to the thread.. as it didn't show sympathy for his loss and it didn't give him any ideas or suggestions on what to do (not that he asked for any of it, but that would be contributing).

Oh, my apologies. Didn't mean to just jump at you like that. I just found what she said as completely ridiculous and chose to comment on it. Her posts were already off-topic so I just responded with my opinion to them.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #32
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Oh, my apologies. Didn't mean to just jump at you like that. I just found what she said as completely ridiculous and chose to comment on it. Her posts were already off-topic so I just responded with my opinion to them.
No need to apologize, I kind of did the same thing.. I could of worded it better in the first place.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #33
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Moron. He knows more about cars than you ever will. In general, I don't get it how idiots like you come to a car-forum and then trash a mechanic with over 30 years of experience. It's like wanting physics help, talking to Einstein about it, and then trashing him.

And car knowledge is all there is to life and that's what makes a good person. Got it. Thanks for the lesson. Bye-bye, now!


Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
Damn it all makes sense now, seeing as you are a women you are used to sucking dick to get ahead in the business world. I could afford to lose the job, I never said I couldn't. I believe I said and I quote "some of us have the time and money to just quit and try to find a new job and some of us don't." "some" being the key word. I never stated "I" I believe the "system" did fail me because I was doing nothing wrong and getting bitch at about it and it ended with my job being terminated. This isn't even "setting me off." How do you know what emotional state I'm in? ITS THE DAMN INTERNET so don't jump to conclusions so fast you can get yourself hurt and make yourself look even more like a dumbass. To answer one more of your questions, No, I don't have to mooch off my parents because I saved a couple grand that I have sitting in my room and I also have more in the bank. Being a women you probably don't know what the word save means so I'll help you.

save1  /seɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[seyv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, saved, sav‧ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
-to avoid the spending, consumption, or waste of

Okaaaaaaay, why don't we step back from the theatrics for just a minute and see if I can isolate some facts. You correct me if / when I'm wrong, okay, buddy?

1) You had this job within walking distance of your home where your boss treated yourself and other employees disrespectfully and unfairly. You used to love this job. He made it a hostile workplace.

2) You apparently cannot replace said job because others are too far away to get to. Ergo you couldn't afford to lose it.

3) You chose to tell him off for being such a bastard, and eventually got fired for it.

Now here are some of the ones that are in dispute, hopefully simply because neither of us has a crystal ball to figure out what the other is thinking:

- The system failed you or the system did not fail you.

- You hate women or you do not hate women.

- You feel bad about having lost said job or you do not give a shit either way.

- I can't tell if you realize that you voluntarily gave up your job or if you truly are surprised that you got fired.

No, I don't know what emotional state you're in (although now that you mention it, I could probably guess! ). Why would I ignore the fact that is posted for everyone here to see: wherein rather than use your words to further clarify your situation you chose to employ such vile words in communicating with someone with whom you'd all of exchanged two posts.

If you'll let me further delude myself into thinking this conversation actually progressed intellectually, why don't I propose an alternative method you could have used to handle your boss:

Mean boss mistreats everyone. It gets way out of hand. You decide to methodically gather evidence against him and escalate it to his boss or to the complaint department of the company. You select two trusted fellow employees who you know will keep their mouths shut as to your activities. All three of you write up formal complaints detailing the boss' demeaning and thieving actions. You state your expectations (we want him fired or we'll have our parents sue the corporation for creating a hostile workplace, for example). Kids wear all kinds of fancy devices nowadays. You run some kind of voice recorder while Mr. Mean Bastard is doling out his daily disrespect. You make sure you catch him violating work place regulations. Present all of that to the company. Wait to see what happens.

Either he gets fired for sure, or you and your buddies have just earned the respect of any future employers. You'll be stating to them that you don't take guff from anyone, but at the same time, you're able to use your head to come up with a creative solution that doesn't paint you out to be a trouble-maker. You might have even made some money, too, because with all that evidence, it would be an open and shut case, and the company would pay you to keep quiet for sure.

If I were a future prospective employer of yours, "the boss treated me badly" is NOT gonna cut it! I'd be looking to see how you handled that situation and what I've read so far would not impress me. (I would advice you to simply leave out the details of what happened from any future job interviews, by the way).

This is not to say you've committed career suicide because you lost your job at the corner shop and glop. We all make mistakes! More yet, you're a kid, and everyone knows you're still learning! At this point, it's simply your choice: either be hard-headed and keep thinking you did the "right thing," or walk away and learn the lesson that there's more than one way to skin a cat, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and all that and all that. Good luck.

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 09-03-2006 at 01:12 PM.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #34
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
And car knowledge is all there is to life and that's what makes a good person. Got it. Thanks for the lesson. Bye-bye, now!

No, not all there is to life. But you are on a CAR forum. Hmm, now, what are car forums mostly about?

I won't relate to the rest of your post 'cause it's too long and I have better things to do than read it.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #35
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
And car knowledge is all there is to life and that's what makes a good person. Got it. Thanks for the lesson. Bye-bye, now!




Okaaaaaaay, why don't we step back from the theatrics for just a minute and see if I can isolate some facts. You correct me if / when I'm wrong, okay, buddy?

1) You had this job within walking distance of your home where your boss treated yourself and other employees disrespectfully and unfairly. You used to love this job. He made it a hostile workplace.

2) You apparently cannot replace said job because others are too far away to get to. Ergo you couldn't afford to lose it.

3) You chose to tell him off for being such a bastard, and eventually got fired for it.

Now here are some of the ones that are in dispute, hopefully simply because neither of us has a crystal ball to figure out what the other is thinking:

- The system failed you or the system did not fail you.

- You hate women or you do not hate women.

- You feel bad about having lost said job or you do not give a shit either way.

- I can't tell if you realize that you voluntarily gave up your job or if you truly are surprised that you got fired.

No, I don't know what emotional state you're in (although now that you mention it, I could probably guess! ). Why would I ignore the fact that is posted for everyone here to see: wherein rather than use your words to further clarify your situation you chose to employ such vile words in communicating with someone with whom you'd all of exchanged two posts.

If you'll let me further delude myself into thinking this conversation actually progressed intellectually, why don't I propose an alternative method you could have used to handle your boss:

Mean boss mistreats everyone. It gets way out of hand. You decide to methodically gather evidence against him and escalate it to his boss or to the complaint department of the company. You select two trusted fellow employees who you know will keep their mouths shut as to your activities. All three of you write up formal complaints detailing the boss' demeaning and thieving actions. You state your expectations (we want him fired or we'll have our parents sue the corporation for creating a hostile workplace, for example). Kids wear all kinds of fancy devices nowadays. You run some kind of voice recorder while Mr. Mean Bastard is doling out his daily disrespect. You make sure you catch him violating work place regulations. Present all of that to the company. Wait to see what happens.

Either he gets fired for sure, or you and your buddies have just earned the respect of any future employers. You'll be stating to them that you don't take guff from anyone, but at the same time, you're able to use your head to come up with a creative solution that doesn't paint you out to be a trouble-maker. You might have even made some money, too, because with all that evidence, it would be an open and shut case, and the company would pay you to keep quiet for sure.

If I were a future prospective employer of yours, "the boss treated me badly" is NOT gonna cut it! I'd be looking to see how you handled that situation and what I've read so far would not impress me. (I would advice you to simply leave out the details of what happened from any future job interviews, by the way).

This is not to say you've committed career suicide because you lost your job at the corner shop and glop. We all make mistakes! More yet, you're a kid, and everyone knows you're still learning! At this point, it's simply your choice: either be hard-headed and keep thinking you did the "right thing," or walk away and learn the lesson that there's more than one way to skin a cat, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and all that and all that. Good luck.

All other posts aside, I am in 110% agreeance with you here. That would be a more viable method, but then you would have to give leeway at least for the sake that he was being harassed and he followed up on his subsequent feelings.

That would be negated, though, because you can't even say that is an isolated incident, because like you said, it's almost no different than what happened here; You come here making inflammatory, snotty accusations and suggestions, and he gets pissed and kind of tells you off.

This is in no way at all trying to suggest that he is necessarily in the wrong. He may be in the wrong for himself, but in regards to what actually unfolded, and after reading all your crap about being a "good person", you are clearly out of line here.

So if you need a simple analogy, Janeir36 = boss, salimander = salimander. Different environment, different antagonists, same situation in all aspects.

You came to the thread insulting him, second-guessing him, accusing him, and you incited a negative response. Good job, looks like you're hardly lower than his previous boss.

For salimander I'd say just keep your feelings under control, even if people may be entirely out of line.

For janeir36 I'd say you're an adult already and you still act like this, so you're pretty much a lost cause, but in the future, if you want to negotiate like this, make sure you hear the person out, ask questions, get all your info. and THEN pick them apart. That's why I am going to be a corporate lawyer.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #36
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Bronxie, I agree with you, too. I made a choice to NOT baby him and have no problem whatsoever with the outcome. Mr. Future Corporate Lawyer, if you don't realize that some people have to respectfully get their feelings hurt in order to see the truth, maybe you'll be better suited to being a mediator. But if I had to guess, I'd say you're also young and will learn this first-hand very shortly. A lot of people go off on their lawyers, fire them, hire other ones, repeat the cycle just because they're being told things they don't want to hear. If you think being a sweet faced corporate lawyer is going to fix everybody, you're in for a reality check.

Other than that, I'm obviously dyslexic. I'd written a longer post but since this isn't really about you, I'm basically no longer interested in having the conversation take that turn. Have a nice day.

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 09-03-2006 at 04:15 PM.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #37
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
argh! double post. I thougt there used to be an option for deleting posts?
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #38
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Bronxie, I agree with you, too. I made a choice to NOT baby him and have no problem whatsoever with the outcome. Mr. Future Corporate Lawyer, if you don't realize that some people have to respectfully get their feelings hurt in order to see the truth, maybe you'll be better suited to being a mediator. But if I had to guess, I'd say you're also young and will learn this first-hand very shortly. A lot of people go off on their lawyers, fire them, hire other ones, repeat the cycle just because they're being told things they don't want to hekar. If you think being a sweet faced corporate lawyer is going to fix everybody, you're in for a reality chec.

Other than that, I'm obviously dyslexic. I'd written a longer post but since this isn't really about you, I'm basically no longer interested in having the conversation take that turn. Have a nice day.

Oh, so you chose to hurt his feelings and be presumptuous when you didn't even KNOW the extent of the story. Don't say you did, cause we all saw more of it come out as the thread progressed. So whatever it was you thought you were teaching him or showing him was obviously baseless and pointless, because you didn't even know all the facts. Nice tactic there. That's why you'd never make a good lawyer, because when you put someone on the defensive before you have all the knowledge, they will in turn put YOU on the defensive, and then you don't have the necessary knowledge to make a legitimate counter-response. That's exactly what happened, right?

And being honest and being a bitch are completely different. That's something you will learn in life (not, you're too old to learn anything else in life), that if you actually care to have results over just having an argument, you'll present "truth" to someone in a different manner. Otherwise you'll just be taken as seriously as a clown, which is precisely what we've seen here, I think.

I was talking in regards to negotiating, not whatever it is you're talking about. Way to go off on something almost entirely irrelevant. That's a good sign of someone who is losing control of their argument, when they go off-topic to try to make themselves look right even though their argument holds no relevance.

You haven't even argued any of my points, besides the misinterpretation that I was suggesting to be nice and consoling to him, when I merely meant you were antagonizing him, and comparing that to what his boss allegedly did.

Lastly, this is a public post, and if you want to keep it private and keep me out of it because it's "not about" me, then I suggest you take it to PM, that, or don't reply And just for the record, it's not about you either, Ms. Attention-whore.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #39
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Oh, so you chose to hurt his feelings and be presumptuous when you didn't even KNOW the extent of the story. Don't say you did, cause we all saw more of it come out as the thread progressed.

Tell me one new bit of info that was revealed about sal's situation as the thread progressed. Just one.

Quote:
You haven't even argued any of my points, besides the misinterpretation that I was suggesting to be nice and consoling to him, when I merely meant you were antagonizing him, and comparing that to what his boss allegedly did.

And you still don't get the fact that this isn't about you means that I'm not really interested in your "points." So I guess all that you're taking away from this is that I'm a self-righteous bitch. Hey, thanks for the newsflash! You certainly are one smart cookie! Oh! I almost forgot, I'm also an attention whore who somehow has expressed clearly that she doesn't want your attention. Man, it's enough to make my head spin!

One more thing, there's no "negotiation" coming from my end. What are you, nuts?!?! Talk about misinterpretation!

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 09-03-2006 at 05:36 PM.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #40
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
No, not all there is to life. But you are on a CAR forum. Hmm, now, what are car forums mostly about?

I won't relate to the rest of your post 'cause it's too long and I have better things to do than read it.
Man Idk about how many topics about cars go on here.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #41
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Tell me one new bit of info that was revealed about sal's situation as the thread progressed. Just one.
If you really want one, look at what he said about his free time.


Quote:
And you still don't get the fact that this isn't about you means that I'm not really interested in your "points." So I guess all that you're taking away from this is that I'm a self-righteous bitch. Hey, thanks for the newsflash! You certainly are one smart cookie! Oh! I almost forgot, I'm also an attention whore who somehow has expressed clearly that she doesn't want your attention. Man, it's enough to make my head spin!
If you don't want my attention, why did you just tell me to tell you something? What an air-head.
And you're not interested in my points because you can't even formulate a legitimate response against them! What a weak-minded person, even if you are a wanna-be self-righteous bitch. What did you do here that was self-righteous? NOTHING.


Quote:
One more thing, there's no "negotiation" coming from my end. What are you, nuts?!?! Talk about misinterpretation!

This is negotiation, and you blow at it, no pun intended.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #42
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
If you really want one, look at what he said about his free time.

No, that's one of the issues that's still in dispute. He starts off saying he doesn't agree about just walking out on a job becuse it's no longer comfortable. Then he says not everyone can do that. Prior to that, he'd said he really liked working there and made quite a few friends. He said UNFORTUNATELY he now has all the free time in the world. Meaning now that the has no job, he now has more free time. That's not NEW information. That's a lack of clarity on how he truly feels about losing his job. That's not my problem, neither is it my responsibility to give concise and consistent information about an issue he chose to post.

Quote:
This is negotiation,


Is it? What do I want from you, Bronxie? What have I expressed I will give you in return? Note that you also came on here before I had chatted with you speaking of negotiation. What did I want from sal, then? What had I promised to give him in return? Tell me about the parties involved in the negotiation. Who has the upper hand? Who's desperate to get what from whom? Explain it to me, I'm obviously such an "air-head" who obviously is not smart enough to use words they do not understand inappropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
and you blow at it, no pun intended.

Why would there be any kind of pun intended?!?!?!? I'm not a ****ing pedophile, you crazy bastard!!!
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #43
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
No, that's one of the issues that's still in dispute. He starts off saying he doesn't agree about just walking out on a job becuse it's no longer comfortable. Then he says not everyone can do that. Prior to that, he'd said he really liked working there and made quite a few friends. He said UNFORTUNATELY he now has all the free time in the world. Meaning now that the has no job, he now has more free time. That's not NEW information. That's a lack of clarity on how he truly feels about losing his job. That's not my problem, neither is it my responsibility to give concise and consistent information about an issue he chose to post.

No moron. It's not about his "feelings" about the job. It's about the fact that he has more free time and didn't have much free-time beforehand. That's indisputable, that's fact. (as far as we know)



Quote:
Is it? What do I want from you, Bronxie? What have I expressed I will give you in return? Note that you also came on here before I had chatted with you speaking of negotiation. What did I want from sal, then? What had I promised to give him in return? Tell me about the parties involved in the negotiation. Who has the upper hand? Who's desperate to get what from whom? Explain it to me, I'm obviously such an "air-head" who obviously is not smart enough to use words they do not understand inappropriately.

Is that necessarily what constitutes a negotiation? A negotiation doesn't necessarily have to be about a transaction, it can be about an agreement also. Clearly, you/we/whomever wouldn't be arguing if we weren't trying to find some agreement.



Quote:
Why would there be any kind of pun intended?!?!?!? I'm not a ****ing pedophile, you crazy bastard!!!

Guilty conscience? I said there was no pun intended, and you got so insecure about yourself that you had to try to justify why a pun wasn't intended.

No one said it was about anyone under legal age either. Guiltier conscience? Next time it'd be better to stop typing when you're ahead than to incriminate yourself by yapping so much. Another reason you'll never make for a lawyer.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #44
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
No moron. It's not about his "feelings" about the job. It's about the fact that he has more free time and didn't have much free-time beforehand. That's indisputable, that's fact. (as far as we know)

And we don't know, do we? So if someone were to get disabled and now "unfortunately" has more time on his hands, just what does that "fact" tell us? Was he planning retirement, anyway, and now he has a big, fat check to boot? Does he derive a lot of joy from working, and would rather be working 70 hours a week than sitting in front of the TV watching his muscles dissolve and get inactive before his very eyes? You're missing one key component: personal value. Only you can know for yourself what you value; fact alone will not at face value tell me that much about what you value!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Is that necessarily what constitutes a negotiation? A negotiation doesn't necessarily have to be about a transaction, it can be about an agreement also. Clearly, you/we/whomever wouldn't be arguing if we weren't trying to find some agreement.

Well, you're wrong. I would characterize this more as a discussion, a conversation, or more appropriately, an argument. I would say we do not have enough common grounds or common interest to call this a negotiation. You wouldn't insult me repeatedly if your goal was to reach an "agreement." So get a clue, and if you already have one, stop lying already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Guilty conscience? I said there was no pun intended, and you got so insecure about yourself that you had to try to justify why a pun wasn't intended.

No one said it was about anyone under legal age either. Guiltier conscience? Next time it'd be better to stop typing when you're ahead than to incriminate yourself by yapping so much.

Joke. Take the stick outa yer ass and lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Another reason you'll never make for a lawyer.

Let me guess, this is obviously something I value. Just like saying "you'll never be ****ed by a dog." Jebus, Ring the alarm and save me before I jump off a cliff already! Whatever will I do!!
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #45
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Okaaaaaaay, why don't we step back from the theatrics for just a minute and see if I can isolate some facts. You correct me if / when I'm wrong, okay, buddy?

1) You had this job within walking distance of your home where your boss treated yourself and other employees disrespectfully and unfairly. You used to love this job. He made it a hostile workplace.

2) You apparently cannot replace said job because others are too far away to get to. Ergo you couldn't afford to lose it.

3) You chose to tell him off for being such a bastard, and eventually got fired for it.

Now here are some of the ones that are in dispute, hopefully simply because neither of us has a crystal ball to figure out what the other is thinking:

- The system failed you or the system did not fail you.

- You hate women or you do not hate women.

- You feel bad about having lost said job or you do not give a shit either way.

- I can't tell if you realize that you voluntarily gave up your job or if you truly are surprised that you got fired.

:

ok, lets see how well we did on the quiz that I gave...

1) 1) 1/2 credit, The job was about 15 minutes away with streetlights. Secondly I never said I loved the job never said I liked it, I only said that I liked the friends I made there.

2) wrong, I could afford to lose it, the jobs I've applied to already are farther than the previous one so that rules this little theory out.

3) wrong, I like this one its funny and makes me laugh. I actually never told him off, I never yelled at him, I never tried to engage in conversation with him. Basically he came up to me and gave me his bullshit, being the smartass that I am I always had a sarcastic remark and that pissed him off because it was never out of bounds for getting in trouble. I'll give you examples if you want them.

well .5 out of 3 isn't bad its still an F though.

I don't hate women I just hate dumbass's and well since I don't hate women.....well im sure you can figure this out without wasting to much time on what I'm trying to say.

Once again I don't care I lost my job, I just can't see my work friends that much anymore.

I'm not surprised that I got fired, I told one of my friends that I was probably going to get fired when I made the claim, but hey it was worth a shot. I guess I did give up because well its not my problem anymore its theirs so let them deal with it.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.