Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #46
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
HOLY CRAP.

I didn't think you were that dense.

Maybe you need to define in your head what an opinion is before you go accusing anyone of making them.
Bronxie, I sure as f*ck hope you don't call what Vwhobo quoted from you a "fact". You're better off accepting your opinion.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
HOLY CRAP.

I didn't think you were that dense.

Maybe you need to define in your head what an opinion is before you go accusing anyone of making them.

Why do you insist on arguing when you have no argument?
I don't have a lot of time or patience for idiots today Twinkie, so let's just start with the first few words of that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
The relevance hp/liter has is that in lower hp/l engines, there is higher torque...
That is you stating your opinion based on an apparent complete lack of knowing or understanding (surprise again) the facts. I'll make it real simple for you, because you are real simple. You have once again been proven wrong! I don't care if you like it, I don't care if you accept it, and I really don't care to here anymore of your mindless drivel. Having a lot of somebody else's money to spend and driving a flashy car does not make your "thoughts" worth reading.

If you truly want to learn about cars as you claim to do, turn off your computer and go do something with them besides waste Daddy's gas. Because we all know that won't happen, how about you just STFU and let the big guys talk. Your constant babbling and instigating arguments is annoying and boring to us all. You make our former village idiot CarExpert seem like the "Einstein of Automobiles" when compared to you.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #48
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Your constant babbling and instigating arguments is annoying and boring to us all.
It is boring to us. You gravitate towards arguments. You remind me of a....bitch.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
It is boring to us. You gravitate towards arguments. You remind me of a....bitch.
So, you say I'm just like you. Not hardly lil fella.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #50
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
So, you say I'm just like you. Not hardly lil fella.
I like that mild response. I've tamed you vwhobo. You know who not to f*ck with.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #51
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I like that mild response. I've tamed you vwhobo. You know who not to f*ck with.
Yeah. I don't f*ck your mother anymore since she got that nasty yeast infection.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #52
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
One thing I've noticed when talking sh#t with motorheads at various venues, is that:

someone always has a freak motor (as opposed to the lemon);
someone has vastly more ponies per cu in their stock engine than anyone else;
someone's car can do 12 seconds or better with stock everything;
an aftermarket zorst will always add 25% power at the wheels;
torque exists without any influence of power;
9" diffs are indestructable;
toploaders are indestructable;
forged pistons are indestructable and necessary for high CR or forced draught engines;
"H" and "I" beam rods are indestructable and necessary for modified engines;
stroking a 302 to 347 will double the engine ponies;
titanium valves require stellite seats;
turbochargers are cheating;
shiny boost pipes are are better;
shiny intercoolers are better;
etc
someone's car is actually a musclecar, but the maker didn't want it to be known for fear of public backlash.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #53
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
...stroking a 302 to 347 will double the engine ponies;
Ha!
I stroked my 302 to a 347. I almost doubled the power after the intake, cam, heads, exhaust, etc.

Last edited by What : 02-09-2007 at 01:49 AM.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:42 AM   #54
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I don't have a lot of time or patience for idiots today Twinkie, so let's just start with the first few words of that post.


That is you stating your opinion based on an apparent complete lack of knowing or understanding (surprise again) the facts. I'll make it real simple for you, because you are real simple. You have once again been proven wrong! I don't care if you like it, I don't care if you accept it, and I really don't care to here anymore of your mindless drivel. Having a lot of somebody else's money to spend and driving a flashy car does not make your "thoughts" worth reading.

What you're arguing is that saying it was relevant is the opinion, despite the observation & inference it is based upon?


So in other words...you're arguing over NOTHING.


Sounds like a common act from a common idiot.


If you want to argue the OBSERVATION and INFERENCE mentioned, then do so.


What pisses you off is that I make a statement about cars or something related to cars and it may be correct, but the fact you believe I don't/can't meaningfully know if it's right or not makes you want to argue it and nitpick if necessary just to make that argument.


You think it's a guess I make and it may be right and it may be wrong but I wouldn't know either way.


So please, god, show me a modern NA engine that makes high torque w/ high hp/liter output and I will shut up, and I will defer to you always and kiss your godly hairy ass.

And just to avoid loopholes, it is only "high" in relation to the hp output, not in relation to other engines.

Let's see if you can come up w/ anything.




Quote:
If you truly want to learn about cars as you claim to do, turn off your computer and go do something with them besides waste Daddy's gas. Because we all know that won't happen, how about you just STFU and let the big guys talk. Your constant babbling and instigating arguments is annoying and boring to us all. You make our former village idiot CarExpert seem like the "Einstein of Automobiles" when compared to you.


The first step to learning is to make observations and then research specifically to find the answer to the "why"s that come along w/ the observation. I do as much, minus the hands-on stuff.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:23 AM   #55
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
What you're arguing is that saying it was relevant is the opinion, despite the observation & inference it is based upon?

So in other words...you're arguing over NOTHING.

Sounds like a common act from a common idiot.

If you want to argue the OBSERVATION and INFERENCE mentioned, then do so.

What pisses you off is that I make a statement about cars or something related to cars and it may be correct, but the fact you believe I don't/can't meaningfully know if it's right or not makes you want to argue it and nitpick if necessary just to make that argument.

You think it's a guess I make and it may be right and it may be wrong but I wouldn't know either way.

So please, god, show me a modern NA engine that makes high torque w/ high hp/liter output and I will shut up, and I will defer to you always and kiss your godly hairy ass.

And just to avoid loopholes, it is only "high" in relation to the hp output, not in relation to other engines.

Let's see if you can come up w/ anything.

The first step to learning is to make observations and then research specifically to find the answer to the "why"s that come along w/ the observation. I do as much, minus the hands-on stuff.
Funny, isn't it? Now you're adding restrictions and creating loopholes for yourself to jump through while telling me can't. YOU ARE WRONG. Even an audience as diverse as What and newyorker can see that. Get over yourself little fella. You're typing just to read your own blather.

P.S. Don't give yourself so much credit. You're small and insignificant and nothing you do can affect my life, much less make me pissed off. You may think your have something useful to add to this forum, but only because this is the cyber world. In the real world, you don't even get to take part in the conversation.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:48 AM   #56
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Funny, isn't it? Now you're adding restrictions and creating loopholes for yourself to jump through while telling me can't. YOU ARE WRONG. Even an audience as diverse as What and newyorker can see that. Get over yourself little fella. You're typing just to read your own blather.


What restrictions did I add that I didn't state earlier? Can you really not even name one?

I know you have an argument somewhere. Spill it.

Quote:
P.S. Don't give yourself so much credit. You're small and insignificant and nothing you do can affect my life, much less make me pissed off. You may think your have something useful to add to this forum, but only because this is the cyber world. In the real world, you don't even get to take part in the conversation.

LOL.


Could have fooled me or anyone else, "big guy".



I guess you are useful for claiming such superior knowledge but being unwilling to express it when approached. Way to "add something useful" to the forums.


Go ahead and argue that you don't need to do it or you don't owe us shit, but don't forget, you are the one claiming your own worth. W/out sharing, you are just as meaningless. besides, you made a statement, so back it up, please, God.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #57
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
What opinions did I give that relate to this discussion?


I dare you to find any.

Ok.

Quote:
I call the 6series German muscle because it's not a high output/Liter engine. It's torquey and powerful in a big coupe, so when you look at it like that, it has many similarities to muscle cars. Except the price, of course.

That's an opinion of what a musclecar is. And it's based on faulty information, or at least a lack of knowledge of what a musclecar IS.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #58
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ok.



That's an opinion of what a musclecar is. And it's based on faulty information, or at least a lack of knowledge of what a musclecar IS.


Sir, I love you and wish not to argue w/ you, but that's not an opinion.


It's a fact that I call it a muscle car for the reasons that follow. Though the reasoning may be wrong, it's still not an opinion.

If I were to say, "Vwhobo acts like a woman", it's different than saying "Vwhobo is a woman."




HOWEVER, you do have a point in that, "It has many similarities..." is an opinionated statement.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #59
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Sir, I love you and wish not to argue w/ you, but that's not an opinion.


It's a fact that I call it a muscle car for the reasons that follow. Though the reasoning may be wrong, it's still not an opinion.

If I were to say, "Vwhobo acts like a woman", it's different than saying "Vwhobo is a woman."




HOWEVER, you do have a point in that, "It has many similarities..." is an opinionated statement.


Sorry, but considering the 6 series a muscle car is in fact opinion. Saying that you feel that way is stating that that is your opinion. It may be a FACT that it is your OPINION, but it still states your OPINION quite clearly. And that OPINION is based on falsehoods. Period.

The fact that you stated your opinion doesn't make the opinion fact. Understand? You can't bait me with semantics.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #60
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Semantics? You are forgetting the statement.


"I call the 6 series a muscle car because..."



That is an objective statement.


Unless you wanna argue that the fact I am calling it something is not a fact, it is not an opinion.


I never said I feel any certain way about it. Like I said, it's all how you word it.


This argument isn't worth time for either of us.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.