So I wanted to drive a 'Vette. I went down to the dealership and they gave me no problems. Very nice service and nice people.
So let me start out w/ what I like:
- I love the power. It is great and the sound is so much different than my car. Very throaty sound.
- I love the clutch operation and mechanical feel. My car's clutch is hydraulically assisted so there is not much feel.
- Gains traction very quickly when flooring it in first.
- I love the crappy interior. Means the car is not weighed down by useless junk.
- Comfortable seating.
Now for what I am not sure about....
- I can't even tell what gear I'm in sometimes. The gears are so scrunched together on the H pad that 4th seems exactly like 6th and 5th seems exactly like 3rd. It was hard to pick what direction to move the shifter.
- Very hard to shift gears. Requires a big thrust from your wrists. Not necessarily a bad thing, but could definitely become a pain in the butt. Not sure, though.
- Everything is operated by a button or remote use. There's no key hole even and the e-brake is even operated by a button somewhere when parking! This is a minor detail I can deal with lol
- Low redline? Lol, joking. There really is nothing else I dislike about the car
Now there are a couple questions I have. I'm not sure if anyone w/ first hand experience can answer.
I didn't get a chance to test the brakes. The brakes on my car are phenomenal, probably some of the best brakes in a production car. How are the brakes on this car?
I didn't get a chance to test the handling at all. I have no clue how it handles. How well does it handle? I don't track or anything so it doesn't need to be superb. I expect it to handle a lot worse than my Boxster, but not so horribly that I can't rip turns a fast speeds.
At first I was thinking, "Hmmm, it doesn't feel THAT much faster than my car in low gear." My thoughts were quickly silenced when I got back into my car and tried the very same thing as I did in the 'Vette, and my car felt so damn slow. I couldn't believe how slow I felt. I realized my car is just a completely different animal.
The corvette humbled me.
I hope to own one of these babies some day soon. VROOOOOMMMM!!!!