Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 AM   #16
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushaganazad
as long as you disconnect everyhting fine it will be ok. lol. But as far as speakers go, look at cdt, dls, pioneers(decent) rainbow faucet, eclipse, focal, jl audio, mb quart, infinity perfects, polk is ok. But for Head units, look at eclipse, alpine, clarion, nakamichi, those are prolly the best in the world as far as middle range head unit pricing goes, pioneer and kenwood are about on the same level, i think kenwood has a heads up in this, but niether of these companies can touch the ones listed above, problem with clarion though is it has one fo the worst customer support of any corporation. But unfortunently, most head units will only push 7-10 watts rms to each speaker even though they will say 22 tiems 4 rms, there retail division made that one up, they mean 22 watts rms divided up by each speaker, usually if you upgrade speakers you willneed to upgrade to an amp as well becasue most likely the sensitivity wont be very great with this power becasue of inefficiency. Pioneer has a problem with overrating there head units like this as well, not to mention the THD factors, WOW! thats a horrible story lol

break up your sentencing structure a little more next time - its a bloody chore to read through that...

speakers have different fidelities depending on the individual. for instance, i hate the sound of JL, and would take Concept over them, even thought Concept is not known as a high-end brand. If you're really looking for quality sound, go listen to it in a store, because our recommendations are somewhat biased on what we think is good....price doesn't always mean everything. Unless of course it's sony....

Again, I will correct you on the "receiver/deck/HU" RMS rating. Alot of them are actually advertised as 50+ x 4....whereas they only push(on average) 18-22. For instance, my Pioneer says 50x4, but true spec says 22. And you can tell its 22 by the volume I'm getting, because my speakers aren't that efficient that I would get the volume I do with only 7 watts....and you don't always NEED an amplifier for your speakers...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #17
nushaganazad
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
break up your sentencing structure a little more next time - its a bloody chore to read through that...

speakers have different fidelities depending on the individual. for instance, i hate the sound of JL, and would take Concept over them, even thought Concept is not known as a high-end brand. If you're really looking for quality sound, go listen to it in a store, because our recommendations are somewhat biased on what we think is good....price doesn't always mean everything. Unless of course it's sony....

Again, I will correct you on the "receiver/deck/HU" RMS rating. Alot of them are actually advertised as 50+ x 4....whereas they only push(on average) 18-22. For instance, my Pioneer says 50x4, but true spec says 22. And you can tell its 22 by the volume I'm getting, because my speakers aren't that efficient that I would get the volume I do with only 7 watts....and you don't always NEED an amplifier for your speakers...

haha, sorry about the sentencing, ill attempt it, im just REALLLY bad at english lol. im only 17 as well. But Im going to have to disagree with you on the fact of your pioneer head unit pushing 22 watts rms times 4. sorry. I could be wrong but, here is a little section worth reading, scroll down to the power section of the head units. http://www.carstereo.com/rayfes/head.cfm
nushaganazad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #18
nushaganazad
CF Newbie

forgot to addd.....

yes yoiur right that adding you dont always need an amp, im just trying to push it because, i bet you know the difference integra lol. But if not, try it, use your pioneer head unit, then well use an amp that pushes 22 watts rms times 4 anyways, i promise you a better/cleaner/louder output. I was also suggesting to use it becasue when you add a sub/subs then your speakers can easilyy be overpowered unless you add an amp. it was just a suggestion not a neccessity sorry lol.

also, i would highly not suggest testing car audio speakers in a car audio store, best buy, circuit city. Its just a bad idea testing them in a room instead of a car, the sound willl totally change. Ask them to hear an audiotion in a car because of road noise. cancellation, reflecting waves, standing waves. Lots of factors lol. Just another thought if you want tot put some great stuff in your car

and i totally agree, I hate the way JL sounds
Old 08-25-2005, 03:29 AM   #19
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
forgot to addd.....

yes yoiur right that adding you dont always need an amp, im just trying to push it because, i bet you know the difference integra lol. But if not, try it, use your pioneer head unit, then well use an amp that pushes 22 watts rms times 4 anyways, i promise you a better/cleaner/louder output. I was also suggesting to use it becasue when you add a sub/subs then your speakers can easilyy be overpowered unless you add an amp. it was just a suggestion not a neccessity sorry lol.

also, i would highly not suggest testing car audio speakers in a car audio store, best buy, circuit city. Its just a bad idea testing them in a room instead of a car, the sound willl totally change. Ask them to hear an audiotion in a car because of road noise. cancellation, reflecting waves, standing waves. Lots of factors lol. Just another thought if you want tot put some great stuff in your car

and i totally agree, I hate the way JL sounds

Course i know the difference between unamped and amped, and the pros and cons of going both ways. Theres many factors to be considered when looking to that route...

I am using my HU to power my speakers, and it definitely gets bloody loud. I can still clearly hear my music over my sub, which is nice

It's hard to get car demos sometimes though, so at least the wall demo gives you a little more pretense to what you are buying, and that's the only reason I suggest it. I know there's going to be other crap affecting the sound in a car, but still.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #20
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

taking off door panels is FINE. i do it all the time. one of the biggest pain in the asses tho is just make sure u hook up the mtel wire to the inside door handle or it will just be a lever. everything else is fine, there should only be about 5 or so screws to take off, also the black thingy ont he window you wil need to take off. just remember everything snaps off and snaps on. so if its not snapping off double check. ALSO when ur taking off the door panel remember about ur locks, u dont wanna rip ur door lock off, so pull out and push up.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:42 AM   #21
nushaganazad
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Course i know the difference between unamped and amped, and the pros and cons of going both ways. Theres many factors to be considered when looking to that route...

I am using my HU to power my speakers, and it definitely gets bloody loud. I can still clearly hear my music over my sub, which is nice

It's hard to get car demos sometimes though, so at least the wall demo gives you a little more pretense to what you are buying, and that's the only reason I suggest it. I know there's going to be other crap affecting the sound in a car, but still.

i figured you knew all that stuff lol, iw as just kinda reitterating on it for the guy lol. but what kind of system you got in your car casue im getting a new one soon and im deciding on a new sq setup forit
Old 08-26-2005, 04:05 AM   #22
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
i figured you knew all that stuff lol, iw as just kinda reitterating on it for the guy lol. but what kind of system you got in your car casue im getting a new one soon and im deciding on a new sq setup forit

Right now?

Pioneer Premier DEH-P560MP H/U
Concept Co-Ax's all around - 2 ways
Rockford Fosgate P300.1 mono sub amp
Clarion Pro Audio 12" 4Ohm coil
Stinger wires

What I'm getting in like a month?

Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP
Focal K2Power compenents, running from an Audison amp
2x 12" Boston Acoustics G5's 4Ohm DVC running from an Audioson amp, in a custom fibreglass box.

looking at around 5k for that setup...