Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 AM   #16
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
But I don't care about relevance to the comics....we're talking movies here. All of those movies are good, well made movies. X3 was not. X3 wasn't relevant either, but also sucked.

I see.

but I still did enjoy the movie though, since I did read the comics and got more then my fill of storyline and just wished I could see wolverine hack some shit up in real time not comic art.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:56 AM   #17
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

double post woopppppppps
Old 05-31-2006, 03:57 AM   #18
Mathew

I guess my hopes were a little high. X1 and X2 were both way above my expectations, and as such, my expectations went way up.

But at least I'm not alone on this
Old 05-31-2006, 04:53 AM   #19
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
just wished I could see wolverine hack some shit up in real time not comic art.
Amen

Quote:
I guess my hopes were a little high. X1 and X2 were both way above my expectations, and as such, my expectations went way up.

But at least I'm not alone on this

The movie was very good, and in every way was as good as the first two. You may not be alone, but you are the minority that believes this movie was bad. Sofar every other person I have asked has loved it. (even if it didnt follow the comics to the bone)
Old 05-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #20
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Amen

The movie was very good, and in every way was as good as the first two. You may not be alone, but you are the minority that believes this movie was bad. Sofar every other person I have asked has loved it. (even if it didnt follow the comics to the bone)

In every way as good as the first two? Are you nuts? Obviously you didn't like the first two for the same reasons I did. Do you tend to fast forward to the action scenes? Because if thats the case I can see why you loved X3.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
In every way as good as the first two? Are you nuts? Obviously you didn't like the first two for the same reasons I did. Do you tend to fast forward to the action scenes? Because if thats the case I can see why you loved X3.
Age old advice for you... don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me. I liked the first two, yes I like action, but I also like it when the plot isn't always freaking obvious. The movie had a near impossible task, cram a finale worthy of the trilogy without missing out some things or not touching on them at all. If we were going to see the enitre story of the phoneix rolled out, that movie would have been 3.5 hours long.... does that make sense to you? One could say the same about the Star Wars 3 or The ENTIRE Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which I thought both were excellent. X3 has a lot of hidden plot which leaves the door open for your imagination... try using that every once in a while. Honestly, you though Hallie Barry's line in X men was sweet "You know what happens to toad when it is hit by lightning? The same the that happens to everything else.." I mean common that was some great writing. She isnt even a mutant either if I remember the comics, you never see the first two movies point that out. case in point, niether of the two first movies had "all that mych plot over action" either, but they were good, lighten up and don't ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it yet.

If I was to assume like you do... well I would say you are to young to get the point of why people go to the movies.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #22
Lizard King 6B
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Or, you could watch comic book movies that did have plot and in depth characters, such as X1, X2, Spiderman 1 and 2, V for Vendetta, Batman Begins...I can go on from here. This movie has no excuse.

Spiderman 1 &2 -You've got to be f@#kin kiddin me! The acting sucked!!! "Friends....is that all we can be?" (end of part 1). Now, Batman Begins was cool as hell! It followed the comic book storyline AND the acting was good.

Now i'm an X-Men fan too. Liked 1 & 2 but you guys have me disappointed in part 3 already.
kill today because they pissed me off.
Lizard King 6B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #23
Lizard King 6B
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Don't want any spoilers, as I haven't seen it yet. I just wanna know if anyone mentions Kaiser Sose in it, as was promised...

Kaiser Sose, isn't that the name used by Kevin Spacey in the movie The Usual Suspects?
kill today because they pissed me off.
Lizard King 6B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #24
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King 6B
Kaiser Sose, isn't that the name used by Kevin Spacey in the movie The Usual Suspects?
yes and I saw no mention of it in the movie.

I really liked batman begins as well. even thought it wasn't 100% to the comic, it did a good job of using that as a foundation and building from it. Weird how the entertainment industry does that... (*cough* hint)
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #25
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
yes and I saw no mention of it in the movie.

I really liked batman begins as well. even thought it wasn't 100% to the comic, it did a good job of using that as a foundation and building from it. Weird how the entertainment industry does that... (*cough* hint)

Since I don't really feel like "arguing", I'll keep this seperate from our "argument". I take movies as movies. Yes I did watch the old X-Men and Spiderman cartoons, but I don't really care that much about them or the comics. If they totally changed the story in a comic book turned movie, but it turned out excellent, then so be it. Its not going to change my perception of the original, it is simply its own entity, with its own characters and storylines.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #26
JaneiR36
CF Freak

I watched X3 without watching the first two, but then I had a chance to catch up last weekend because FX was showing X1 & X2 (ouch, the commercial interuptions alone had me fast asleep in the middle of the first). If you ask me, the story line seemed a little redundant, anyway, so I'm not sure I would have expected that much of a plot for "The Last Stand."

Mathew, while I agree with most of your points, isn't that kind of overthinking it for comic? That was the downfall of "The Hulk" which SUCKED majorly. They tried to turn a concept as simple as "Hulk SMASH" into "Hulk think" and "Hulk love" and "Hulk have flashbacks" and the result was me falling asleep on five seperate attempts of watching the movie.

But hey, I could nitpick at the movie, too. [SPOILER ALERT]. I didn't really buy the explanation for why Jean became so thoughtless and unstable all of a sudden, and also during the fight, why did mostly mutants get killed, but more importantly, portrayed as the bad guys? Sure, Magneto and his people were taking the offensive, but they had cause to, didn't they?
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #27
Wally
I Know More Than You

Is that you Charles?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #28
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Is that you Charles?

who? wha..?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #29
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Is that you Charles?

Dont give anything away!

I thought that was ne of the coolest parts!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #30
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Dont give anything away!

I thought that was ne of the coolest parts!
Me too. that and juggernaut quote