Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
Elrayo-X
CF Newbie

Opinions please!

Hi everyone, im new here so this may be a stupid topic but its killing me. I recently enherited a car for my B day and It's an 84 red cavalier convertable with a 4 cyl engine. This may sound imature and stupid but is this a "chick car". I cant decide. heres a pic of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cavalier.jpg (84.2 KB, 14 views)
Elrayo-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Convertibles...with white tops...I would say ya...but who cares. It looks really well kept.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrayo-X
Hi everyone, im new here so this may be a stupid topic but its killing me. I recently enherited a car for my B day and It's an 84 red cavalier convertable with a 4 cyl engine. This may sound imature and stupid but is this a "chick car". I cant decide. heres a pic of it.

Haha, is'nt this guy a lil insecure about his sexuality... Umm no just jonsing yah. Its kinda a chick car. But it will do, it looks well kept. So long as its not a Pink Convertible Miata..(shivers)

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrayo-X

i can't really answer that because i don't live in the states so i don't know what is a 'chicks' car and what aint

why do you even car if its a chicks car? a car is a car right? am sure when a female is given a car that mostly boys drive.....lets just take the skyline as an example....make life easier to understand.....so if a female was given a nissan skyline you think she would start asking her friends is this a boys car or can girls drive it to? i don't think she would and thats not becuase the cars a nissan skyline a car is a car OK! just drive it.....don't be afraid of driving your car and remember, cars are not like clothes....they are not made for males, niether females......the tag on a car is unisex.....so why worry hey?
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:48 PM   #5
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Elrayo-X, your into a car for $0 so you should be pretty happy about that. Now, if you are having problems dealing with a "chick car" (and this one is not as bad as others) then spend a little $ and macho it up a bit.

Some of those cavaliers were pretty quick, especially the ZR4 packages. Get that thing quickened up a bit and then when someone teases you about it, blow his (or hers) doors off.

Really, the car is going to be what you make it.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:12 PM   #6
RX8factor
CF Newbie

this "chick car" problem can be fixed

just change the white top to something dark, like black vinyl. Paint the car dark green matallic. Otherwise, the car looks really good for an 85' cavalier
RX8factor is offline   Reply With Quote