View Poll Results: Bikes vs. Cars
Bikes 0 0%
Cars 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #16
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

yeah i got that wrong it was 1 o' clock in the mornin' aswel

what i was tryin' to say was that these guys must have guts, nerves woteva you want to call it....cos i would never go on a bike at 60 mph! NEVER!!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #17
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
yeah i got that wrong it was 1 o' clock in the mornin' aswel

what i was tryin' to say was that these guys must have guts, nerves woteva you want to call it....cos i would never go on a bike at 60 mph! NEVER!!

Yeah my friean Billy just got thrown off a Yamaha R1 at about 30MPH. Landed on his face and needed 16 stiches. The doctor said that if he was going about 5MPH more he might have snapped his spine and we would have been wheeling him home. Kinda makes me not wanna get a bike though..

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #18
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Yeah my friean Billy just got thrown off a Yamaha R1 at about 30MPH. Landed on his face and needed 16 stiches. The doctor said that if he was going about 5MPH more he might have snapped his spine and we would have been wheeling him home. Kinda makes me not wanna get a bike though..

thats bad! and check it, he was only goin' at 30mph!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:49 PM   #19
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer

Another example of stupid people doing stupid things. Riding a literbike (with a 3:1 lbs to hp ratio)without a fullface helmet and head-to-toe-gear. People treat sportbikes like they are toys, but you can literally hurt/kill yourself with a twist of the wrist.

I think a big plus for bikes is cost. Yesterday I saw one bike in the newspaper going for $600, another for $750. Also, insurance. For a small (500cc) sportbike, insurance can be as low as $15 per month for full coverage. One thing people DON'T figure into the cost is gear. Anyone riding a motorcycle SHOULD have a riding jacket, pants, boots, gloves, spine protector, and full face helmet.

Last edited by abless : 06-22-2004 at 07:54 PM.
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #20
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Another example of stupid people doing stupid things. Riding a literbike (with a 3:1 lbs to hp ratio)without a fullface helmet and head-to-toe-gear. People treat sportbikes like they are toys, but you can literally hurt/kill yourself with a twist of the wrist.

I think a big plus for bikes is cost. Yesterday I saw one bike in the newspaper going for $600, another for $750. Also, insurance. For a small (500cc) sportbike, insurance can be as low as $15 per month for full coverage. One thing people DON'T figure into the cost is gear. Anyone riding a motorcycle SHOULD have a riding jacket, pants, boots, gloves, spine protector, and full face helmet.

Yeah and a nice pair of fuzzy cow print stirrups . Yeah those full face helmets are cool, makes you look like a assasin ninja on a bike. But that gear can't be anymore than $300-500 ,unless you really wanna get crazy... Not to mention a passenger helmet if you want to carry the occasionaly girl.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote