Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 AM   #31
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
Yea few people told me the concept was good just the actual subs weren't Everything else in the box is good except the actual subs. Well if you don't mind... ON A REALLY TIGHT budget you know any websites or any stores that sell DECENT (i don't need the best) for an affordable price? Keep in mind that i do it ALL myself. So i don't really wanna have some complicated mumblejumble

$162 is painfully low in price for a half-way decent sub setup, INCLUDING box and amp in that price. I suggest you stop wasting money on trashy stuff and save a little until you get enough to get something decent. $162 isn't THAT much money. A lot of people would KILL for a $162 ENTIRE sub setup. Especially one with a MEMPHIS PR driver in it.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:13 AM   #32
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
$162 is painfully low in price for a half-way decent sub setup, INCLUDING box and amp in that price. I suggest you stop wasting money on trashy stuff and save a little until you get enough to get something decent. $162 isn't THAT much money. A lot of people would KILL for a $162 ENTIRE sub setup. Especially one with a MEMPHIS PR driver in it.
My shit was way more
Pioneer TS-W306C/DVC in a vented enclosure - $140
SONY XPLOD XM-2200GTX 1200 watt amplifier - $140
Installation - $100
Grand total - $380
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:05 AM   #33
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
My shit was way more
Pioneer TS-W306C/DVC in a vented enclosure - $140
SONY XPLOD XM-2200GTX 1200 watt amplifier - $140
Installation - $100
Grand total - $380

Sony = crap. And the Memphis sub is 10x better than that Pioneer SUB. Pioneer isn't known for making great subwoofers...their top of the line "SPL-5000" is good for getting loud, but everything else is pretty "bland" in sound quality and output compared to other drivers. That Profile amp is even better than the Sony amp...

~Blow your mind~

Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 AM   #34
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Sony = crap. And the Memphis sub is 10x better than that Pioneer SUB. Pioneer isn't known for making great subwoofers...their top of the line "SPL-5000" is good for getting loud, but everything else is pretty "bland" in sound quality and output compared to other drivers. That Profile amp is even better than the Sony amp...
That may be so, but I still think it sounds good. My friends and Nissan_Altimas mutual friends said that my sub sounds a lot better than his 12" COMP kicker
Old 12-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #35
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
That may be so, but I still think it sounds good. My friends and Nissan_Altimas mutual friends said that my sub sounds a lot better than his 12" COMP kicker

That's because anything sounds better than a Kicker, especially their bottom COMP series line.

Kicker is KNOWN for getting loud but having poor sound quality. The L5 and L7 are heavily criticized for having poor sound quality, but, they do get loud. Memphis is known for building dedicated sound quality drivers. Including the famous MOJO.

But anyways, a Pioneer 106 ( i think it is) sub is really slotted between the COMP sub and the COMP VR sub from Kicker. It's easily better than the COMP, but not as good as the COMP VR.

Newest COMP -

Newest COMP VR -

Newest L5 -

Newest L7 -

Newest SOLO X-

That's Kicker's entire lineup from least to most expensive.

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 12-02-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #36
newyorker
MXman

Nonetheless I like my system except for the speakers. It sounds nice but the speakers are trash and are putting out static and distort
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #37
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

i love my alpine type-r speakers. i know they are not the best in the world but they sound damn nice. i've heard alot of systems get static when turned up but mine stays nice and crisp and clear. And i don't even have an amp hooked up to any of my speakers b/c i have the pioneer 80-mp headunit. it pushes enough power to my speakers to make em sound great.

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:42 PM   #38
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
i love my alpine type-r speakers. i know they are not the best in the world but they sound damn nice. i've heard alot of systems get static when turned up but mine stays nice and crisp and clear. And i don't even have an amp hooked up to any of my speakers b/c i have the pioneer 80-mp headunit. it pushes enough power to my speakers to make em sound great.

Put an amp to them and you'll see what you're missing out on. My friend had 5x7 Alpine Type-R speakers and when he added an amp t othem it was like night and day. Sounded SO much better. And his HU was giving them probably a good 20rms.

~Blow your mind~