Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #46
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
My favorite Supra is from Top Secret:

Mr Nagata did a great job with the JGTC insired bodywork and 700+hp. Coolest thing of all is this ones a 4 cylinder turbo from Celica/MR-2.

God that things ugly. The Supra in stock form is on the edge of nice and rice in the looks department. Making it ricier is just sickening.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #47
fudge
let's fighting love

Yeah and Mr Nagata really does give a shit whether he's riced it up. For god sake he's from Japan and he's the one who sets trends in tuning(in this case wide bodywork). And you're there using a term invented by a Korean/American to justify his work-yeah that's really f*cking wise.

Anyway this car is capable of doing 200mph so you have no right to call it rice. I like to see it pit against you're car.

Last edited by fudge : 08-03-2005 at 01:26 PM.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #48
SloMoBullet
CF Newbie

Quote:
My favorite Supra is from Top Secret:

Mr Nagata did a great job with the JGTC insired bodywork and 700+hp. Coolest thing of all is this ones a 4 cylinder turbo from Celica/MR-2.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i went to a supra site and i think Mr. Nagata is trying to sell the top secret supra for 100g us. i'll post the link up if i find it
Old 08-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #49
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Yeah and Mr Nagata really does give a shit whether he's riced it up. For god sake he's from Japan and he's the one who sets trends in tuning(in this case wide bodywork). And you're there using a term invented by a Korean/American to justify his work-yeah that's really f*cking wise.

Anyway this car is capable of doing 200mph so you have no right to call it rice. I like to see it pit against you're car.

I know it can beat my car. That doesnt mean its not ugly.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #50
fudge
let's fighting love

But it doesn't mean it's rice just because you don't like it asshole.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #51
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
But it doesn't mean it's rice just because you don't like it asshole.

By definition of ricer (lack of) style, its rice.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #52
fudge
let's fighting love

If it's got lack of style how come it's featured in nearly all the import magazines and videos and how come it help promoted Top Secret? When will you wake up and realise that the whole car scene isn't revolving around you? Will you ever get a decent taste for cars?

How about you go build a better car with more style? Shit I forgot you had no talent.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #53
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
By definition of ricer (lack of) style, its rice.

That's not the definition, IgnorantBoy.

Keep on diggn' that hole. You're getting stupider by the minute.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #54
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
That's not the definition, IgnorantBoy.

Keep on diggn' that hole. You're getting stupider by the minute.

Yes it is.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #55
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Yes it is.

I see you've made it a goal in life to prove to the world that you know the least of anyone in existence. Don't have much farther to go before you reach that goal.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #56
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I see you've made it a goal in life to prove to the world that you know the least of anyone in existence. Don't have much farther to go before you reach that goal.

I think you're just stuck on the old version of the term. Why dont you go on anti-rice.com or ricecop and ask them if the cars from TFATF or 2F2F are rice, im sure theyll tell you they are.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #57
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
I think you're just stuck on the old version of the term. Why dont you go on anti-rice.com or ricecop and ask them if the cars from TFATF or 2F2F are rice, im sure theyll tell you they are.
And how about you listen to someone who is older than you, been around more and experienced more than you certainly have, and possibly ever will.

Last edited by hondaman : 08-03-2005 at 09:57 PM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #58
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

i think some of you are just taking the term "ricer" to a heavier level that was never intended, as ChrisV explained in a different forum, the term "ricer" was invented by a Korean lad by the name of Bryan, the term was invented to pick fun at his fellow asian's who had purchased completely rediculous upgrades that would make the car heavier and harder to drive, thus making it complete puss in the performance category.

the term just refer's to people *not just asian's* who have gotten cars that are underpowered and spent money on tryin' to make them look fast rather then actually makin' them fast.

example: stock 1993 honda civic lx, 95kg bodykit, 10kg aftermarket mags, 3kg fart can, 3kg of stickers = making it rice because of NO performance upgrades have been added, plus, it's been made to look rediculous.

people are stupid enough to rice up american cars also, it's not just japanese cars... even in australia i see people with 3.8ltr V6's who have riced there car to the absoloute maximum... example: Holden Commodore(VN), 3.8ltr V6(Buick engine with a buick box), with a shyt load of stickers, custom 25kg bodykit and a bit fat turbo fart can that's killing all the back pressure making the car choke..

can we just stop using the term ricer if the people arn't actually killing the car's performance... PLEASE..

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM   #59
Oomba
Banned

Stickers arent affecting a car performance in any way, so its not decreasing performance like you said. Its still rice. I've seen plenty of Mustang GTs with euro taillights and fart cans, which i call rice. Its still a fast car.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #60
mahalaleel
CF Newbie

Lol...I had no idea oomba was talking about that blue car....i had no idea it was a supra!

Lol...not banging on that kit, I think it looks awesome, but I thought it was an eclipse.

Oh, and oomba...I love your sig.
mahalaleel is offline   Reply With Quote