D'oH!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #62
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
Hey fag i drive a 83 trans am and a 79 corvette i have a 2001 harley sportster and you say that my trans am is a peice of crap? wat the hell you drive a 17 secound civic?

my mate's EG-6 does low 11's... that's a fast civic...?

also, i've seen record's of Hyundai Excel's breaking into the 9 category, i think that's something to be proud of with such a shit car? don't you?, thought so...

also, you 83 trans am is probably heavier then my dad's ford falcon, and that weighs good on 2 ton, so i'm pretty sure that corner wise, a civic would PWN you hard, especially my mate's EG-6.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:33 PM   #63
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
my mate's EG-6 does low 11's... that's a fast civic...?

also, i've seen record's of Hyundai Excel's breaking into the 9 category, i think that's something to be proud of with such a shit car? don't you?, thought so...

also, you 83 trans am is probably heavier then my dad's ford falcon, and that weighs good on 2 ton, so i'm pretty sure that corner wise, a civic would PWN you hard, especially my mate's EG-6.

3rd gen T/As weigh around 3700 lbs. Thats what you get for a metal body, but a fiberglass/CF hood will bring that down about 90 or so lbs.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #64
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
3rd gen T/As weigh around 3700 lbs. Thats what you get for a metal body, but a fiberglass/CF hood will bring that down about 90 or so lbs.

oooooh a whole 90lbs. still taking it against a civic there is a huge weight difference....
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #65
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
oooooh a whole 90lbs. still taking it against a civic there is a huge weight difference....

Hmm, wasnt even saying anything about the Civic. Just stating facts about the T/A. Sounds like you need to calm the **** down.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:35 AM   #66
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Hmm, wasnt even saying anything about the Civic. Just stating facts about the T/A. Sounds like you need to calm the **** down.

i need to calm down? i wasnt the one swearing.

and if you hadnt noticed, which is more then likely, half the discussion has been the weight of your vehicles against that of the imports.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 AM   #67
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

some imports weigh a hell of a lot too you know, the Skyline, Supra, Soarer, 3000GT, Crown, Laurel, Gloria, Cima, Ciffero... they're just a few heavy weight japanese cars.

civic's are just great base cars to have for racing for beginners... they're cheap and reliable, also parts are cheap, thus making them a highly wanted/liked racing vehicle.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #68
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
Hey fag i drive a 83 trans am and a 79 corvette i have a 2001 harley sportster and you say that my trans am is a peice of crap? wat the hell you drive a 17 secound civic?

I was just trying to get to Oomba, i don't actually mean it. The trans am is a good car, good performance for its price. And for your information i don't own a civic, i don't really care about the quater mile time, because i rarely go over 100 mph, and when i do, my car has plenty of torque and horsepower to satisfy me. I don't need big numbers under the hood to impress people, i let my nice interior do the job for me.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:48 AM   #69
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
I was just trying to get to Oomba, i don't actually mean it. The trans am is a good car, good performance for its price. And for your information i don't own a civic, i don't really care about the quater mile time, because i rarely go over 100 mph, and when i do, my car has plenty of torque and horsepower to satisfy me. I don't need big numbers under the hood to impress people, i let my nice interior do the job for me.

Ricer
Old 08-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #70
aerith

Ricer? I didnt modify anything in the car. Its bone freaking stock. The car just looks nice because its a luxury car. I was just trying to say that i rather pay money for comfort and style then performance. Of course, not too big of a comprimise, i meant like instead of buying something extremely sporty like a Corvette, i would buy something that is comfortable, treats the driver like a king, something like a BMW 545i.

Last edited by aerith : 08-22-2005 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:16 AM   #71
airmanUSN
CF Enthusiast

why's the name of this thread vtec?(which, as a proud honda owner i can say, is over-rated.) Vtec is a really cool design and all but too many teens buy a bone stock civic with vtec and think they can blow the doors off anything. it just furthers the stereotypes about import. Anyways thought i'd change to subject randomly
Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 AM   #72
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanUSN
why's the name of this thread vtec?(which, as a proud honda owner i can say, is over-rated.) Vtec is a really cool design and all but too many teens buy a bone stock civic with vtec and think they can blow the doors off anything. it just furthers the stereotypes about import. Anyways thought i'd change to subject randomly

personally i'm a fan of the Hemi engine
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 AM   #73
aerith

The original thread was mainly about Oomba, but also, i asked the difference between i-vtec and normal vtec.
Yeah, the hemi is a great engine, not so great on gas efficency though, although Diamler Chrysler made the modern Hemi much more efficient then the Hemi of yore.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 AM   #74
airmanUSN
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
The original thread was mainly about Oomba, but also, i asked the difference between i-vtec and normal vtec.
Yeah, the hemi is a great engine, not so great on gas efficency though, although Diamler Chrysler made the modern Hemi much more efficient then the Hemi of yore.

isn't next years hemi supposed to have that cylinder cut out thing to save gas
Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 AM   #75
airmanUSN
CF Enthusiast

btw here's a vid of how i-vtec works. very informative
http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2003-4031127a/