Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #16
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

just as i assumed, the evo 8 is going to be most popular. sorry sti man but this time who agrees with me.......at first the impreza dominated the 4wd, now the mitsubishi gurus are pullin one back! we'll have to wait and see to how they respond to the WR1
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #17
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiwee
Ok first off im from new zealand if you dont no where that is get a map!

Ok these 3 cars I dont no if the american versions got de-tuned or up-tuned but here in NZ they all have 280hp which is about 207kw I think now we have the biggest variation on japenese cars in the world outside Japan we get everything they make as I no in the USA you guys miss out on some mean import rides ok enough shit the 3 cars.......

Im not sure on the 1/4times on these cars so ill skip that but as it goes to 0-100kms (0-60miles) the evo8 is the quickest doing it in 5.3 seconds from standing start then the suburu sti did it in 5.4 so they are close they are really twins jus under different badges if you look at all the specs! the skyline think you said an r32 would rip them both up if it was tuned they are made our fastest import street car is an r32 runs low 8s our best evo is an evo 3 dont think you get anything up your ways below a 7 bad luck the evo 3 runs low 9s and we dont have many suburus running 1/4s here as they are alot harder to get more out of your money performance wise as the evo's and skylines.

Overall thoe the Evo 8 just betsthe sti as they are so close together (twins) but dew to drivabiltity(fun) the evo and also just mite stick sum more shit into you friendly peeps and say you guys are missing out on the meanest evo up your way its the evo6 tommi maniken edition (the rally driver) this evo you could class as the import king (besides those dam r34s) pumps out 300hp and does a 0-100 in 4.5 seconds and is 100kgs lighter than the evo6 standard version (I want one)

O well enough shit from me look forward to replies

the r32 is in reference to the vw r32, not the skyline. and yes, the sti has 300hp 300tq in the US, the reason why it tops the evo in the US.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #18
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I would go with the evo, beacuse STI's are too popular/common. I also don't like the style of the hood scoop on the STI. Is the STI's intercooler front mounted like the evo's?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #19
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

The roots of the STi: (And the Evo too...just not the same team...)

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #20
e.1999-BTNH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
I would go with the evo, beacuse STI's are too popular/common. I also don't like the style of the hood scoop on the STI. Is the STI's intercooler front mounted like the evo's?

U KNOW IM 98.9% SURE THE STI COOLER IS ON TOP UNLIKE THE EVO

Last edited by e.1999-BTNH : 05-05-2004 at 11:56 PM.
e.1999-BTNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 PM   #21
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.1999-BTNH
U KNOW IM 98.9% SURE THE STI COLOR IS ON TOP UNLIKE THE EVO
YEESH! It took me several minutes to reallize that your "COLOR" is refering to "Cooler" which refers to Intercooler...yeesh man!

Old 05-05-2004, 11:56 PM   #22
e.1999-BTNH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
YEESH! It took me several minutes to reallize that your "COLOR" is refering to "Cooler" which refers to Intercooler...yeesh man!

o shit my bad.. i jus edited it.

as u notice, i am known as the worsest speller in here.
e.1999-BTNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:08 AM   #23
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.1999-BTNH
o shit my bad.. i jus edited it.

as u notice, i am known as the worsest speller in here.
OK...

Old 05-06-2004, 12:37 AM   #24
SuperJew
I like pie.

you're also the WORST at grammar.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #25
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

..ok, lets not start with the grammar and spelling again, haha Anyways, well we cant compare the both, its personal preference. I am 100% sure the turbo intercooler is on top, hence the GIANT hood scoop. I do not think that Subaru would put something like that on for no reason. If only our North American Version Evo has the Super ACD and the titanium turbo(is it titanium? i'm not sure, i do not remember haha) that is used in the Japanese Spec Evo; then it would top the STi. But with what we have now, its an even race. I think the better turbo put the EVo's power even with the Sti, and there times are already close, i think with the new turbo, the Evo is alittle faster. And the Super ACD just completely annihaltes any other system out there......hmmm wut about ATTESA against Super ACD? lol
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:26 AM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

There's your answer

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #27
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I think that it is stock on the top, and (from what I can tell) is usually moved to the front when supping up the car... Ex:

Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 AM   #28
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
There's your answer

Thanks to everyone.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:15 AM   #29
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Thanks to everyone.
Yes... leave it to CF to answer your questions!

Old 07-19-2004, 04:11 PM   #30
n3mesis
CF Newbie

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm recently in the market for one of these 30k AWD cars.

I'm actually homing in on either the STi or the R32. I owned a GTI GLX for 3 years and loved it. I've had friends who've had old WRX's and modded them, and I really respect and love those cars too.

I've sat in both the R32 and the STi, and I have to say I find the R32's interior much more comfortable and "classy." Are you guys primarily interested in owning a car that can sprint from 0-60 quickly, or do you think that the R32 could have some value as something that would rock on some twistie roads? It's heavy and slow, but I've read that it can't be beat in the cornering category ... although maybe that's just what VW fans are saying so they feel their car isn't absolutely worthless?

I also think the R32 is gorgeous ... and I'm not crazy about the styling of the STi ... but is that something I should even consider? Dunno.

Just trying to get some thoughts out, and I'd love to hear from someone who might have experience with both cars. Thanks a lot!
n3mesis is offline   Reply With Quote