Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2004, 01:44 AM   #16
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
My god there you go again, how could you possibly expect saftey in a compact car? If the car smashes you smash with it. Side impact airbags and a Rollcage won't save you in that kinda situation... Not a good thing to be in.

There are many compact cars with good safety ratings, like this and this one.

Last edited by importluva : 06-18-2004 at 01:51 AM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:02 AM   #17
Inygknok
El del Supra

if i got paid a quarter for every time DSMer got angry over someone's OPINION, id be richer than bill gates and donald trump combined.

anyhow, i know the hassles involved in an engine swap, but i cant give the person any credits for saying

CRX boy: hey, i got a bone stock CRX and i just beat ur stang!

Stanger: wat engine u got in there?

CRX boy: oh nuthin, just a B18C5

Stanger: oh right, "nuthin", just running a "bone stock" CRX eh?

catch my drift DSMer? or r u gonna start another riot just so u cant be wrong?

PS: wonder how mad u will get if i say "STi 0wnz Evo as bad as Mr. T bitch slapping geeks"

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:12 AM   #18
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

If we can't learn to discuss with a little more respect, I'll be forced to start closing these threads that are leading to arguments instead of civilized differences of opinions.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:59 AM   #19
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
There are many compact cars with good safety ratings, like this and this one.
Oh when I said compact I meant err um.. something like a Cavalier, or a Mini. I mean CRX's are very tiny. I'm talking Beretta, cars that are 4 seats and still have no leg room.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:03 AM   #20
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
if i got paid a quarter for every time DSMer got angry over someone's OPINION, id be richer than bill gates and donald trump combined.

anyhow, i know the hassles involved in an engine swap, but i cant give the person any credits for saying

CRX boy: hey, i got a bone stock CRX and i just beat ur stang!

Stanger: wat engine u got in there?

CRX boy: oh nuthin, just a B18C5

Stanger: oh right, "nuthin", just running a "bone stock" CRX eh?

catch my drift DSMer? or r u gonna start another riot just so u cant be wrong?

PS: wonder how mad u will get if i say "STi 0wnz Evo as bad as Mr. T bitch slapping geeks"

Meh whatever, its your choice... Do as you wish.. I could really care less

Old 06-18-2004, 03:24 AM   #21
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

It is not fair comparing a supra with a CRX. The Supra is Toyota's flagship performance vehicle. Let's see the Supra take on S2000's and NSX's. If you can show me stock supra take on a stock NSX, then i will believe you. And the supra's engine isnt so almighty and godly, it is turbo charged afer all. Take off the turbo what do you get? A 205hp piece of junk. Honda doesnt even resort to turbos. Put a turbo in a 240hp stock S2000, own your HUGE and HEAVY supra. So, do not compare cars like this, they are not even in the same league.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:41 AM   #22
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Let's see the Supra take on S2000's and NSX's. If you can show me stock supra take on a stock NSX, then i will believe you.
Be more specific. Are you talking about drags or Auto-x or what? If you look at the supra vs 3000gt thread, we have already explained the S2000s case. The NSX is a tough call. Exceptional handling will win it the Auto-x, but im not sure about the drag. The supra does have more hp tho.

We can argue that the NSX is a different class, its an exotic, a seriously underpowered exotic.

And the supra's engine isnt so almighty and godly, it is turbo charged afer all. Take off the turbo what do you get?
This is such a ricer/fanboi statement, its not even funny. Get over it kid, the manufacturer installed it for a reason. The supra engine, along with nearly all of its internals is one of the best.

A 205hp piece of junk. Honda doesnt even resort to turbos. Put a turbo in a 240hp stock S2000, own your HUGE and HEAVY supra. So, do not compare cars like this, they are not even in the same league.

More fanboism If you mod the S2000, then its only fair to mod the supra, and moding the supra takes it to an unreal level. So once again, get over it. The S2k will get owned in drags, and may stand a chance in auto-x. read that thread i was referring to earlier.

You are a fanboi by the book!! It cant get any worse than this, i hope.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:43 AM   #23
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Oh when I said compact I meant err um.. something like a Cavalier, or a Mini. I mean CRX's are very tiny. I'm talking Beretta, cars that are 4 seats and still have no leg room.

the 2nd link links to a toyota echo, a super small sedan. it dont get much smaller than that.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #24
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Haha hes not lying.. got to a NIRA drag race. Where you will see real 10second Supras. Not that 12.2 bullcrap from "The Fast and the Furious". But you may see some extremly modded out S2K's that can take on a modded Supra. In a modded world, no car is safe from embarassment.

No they get smaller than a Toyota Echo.. Thats tiny, but its still got some beef to it... Not to mention the Toyota Echo is a fairly newer car and the CRX was made back in the mid 80's so you'll have to gimme some leeway here in technology advancments?

Old 06-18-2004, 03:53 AM   #25
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Not to mention the Toyota Echo is a fairly newer car and the CRX was made back in the mid 80's so you'll have to gimme some leeway here in technology advancments?

Exactly. If honda can get the new CRX good crash test ratings, then it'll be a far more desirable car.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 AM   #26
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Exactly. If honda can get the new CRX good crash test ratings, then it'll be a far more desirable car.
Oh the car will be desired by sport compact enthuisaist even if its a deathtrap. But I suppose the average Honda driver would find it to be cool if it had good crash test ratings and its natural Honda low MPG.

Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 AM   #27
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

...fanboi, haahah. First time been called that. I am talking about Auto X. And on the Drag track, a supra beat out a NSX? Are you mad. Looks like you are the fanboy. Look at the facts, superior power to weight ratio, and the NSX is a mid engine vehicle, which puts more weight in the back. And therefore giving the rear tires more grip, and better launch times. I am not talking about the performance itself, but the inginenuity. The S2000's engine is the most powerful 4 cylinder engine on this planet without going to turbo. The 4G63 comes close, but it resorts to the turbo. All i am saying is that do not compare a CRX with the Supra. The other words are just thrown in there to make a point. The S2k is a great car, such a small vehicle with so much power. I heard rumors of the S2200, with a upgraded 2.2L 4cylinder engine, and it is a hardtop finally! And one more thing the NSX is a exotic sports car, but it is the most reliable one out there. I wonder when Honda is finally going to realize that their V6 is not enough and start to research a V8. Imagine the possibilities

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:15 AM   #28
importluva
Obsessed with imports

...fanboi, haahah. First time been called that. I am talking about Auto X. And on the Drag track, a supra beat out a NSX? Are you mad. Looks like you are the fanboy. Look at the facts, superior power to weight ratio, and the NSX is a mid engine vehicle, which puts more weight in the back. And therefore giving the rear tires more grip, and better launch times. I am not talking about the performance itself, but the inginenuity.

I agree. Many dont appreciate the NSX, simply b/c hp numbers dont add up . But if you read my post again, i said i wasnt sure. Im not super familiar with these cars so i didnt comment on the drag situation. Im well aware of its prowess in balance, handling, tall gears, high top speed, and price. Its price is simply too high to be compared to cars less than half its price. That is my main point.

The S2000's engine is the most powerful 4 cylinder engine on this planet without going to turbo.

By revving the daylights out of its small engine,mind you.

The 4G63 comes close, but it resorts to the turbo. All i am saying is that do not compare a CRX with the Supra.

This doesn't apply to me

And one more thing the NSX is a exotic sports car, but it is the most reliable one out there. I wonder when Honda is finally going to realize that their V6 is not enough and start to research a V8. Imagine the possibilities

Agree completely. The NSX is a great car, but definitely needs some more power. A V8 wouldnt be a bad idea, or just turbo that V6.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:17 AM   #29
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

A Honda V8? Meh theres a first time for everything, honestly I believe that the Asian imports should stay under 6 cylinders. Honda should make an I-6 and engineer a way to keep it cooler and performing at top peak so it could be comparible to that of a Nissan I-6.

Old 06-18-2004, 04:27 AM   #30
Inygknok
El del Supra

oi.... people really ENJOY just reading over the big words and not the full statement.

at NO point did i ever compare the supra to the CRX, i was just stating an example, i could have even been comparing my supra (88 model) to make it fairer, but the thing is, i was doing wat? MAKING AN EXAMPLE

ill repeat, an EXAMPLE

btw, the NSX runs fairly good 1/4's, but it doesnt match up to the faster cars such as the evo, sti, supra, rx-7, and skyline, all of which are in its own class.

its a fact that all hondas manouver well due to their lightweight bodies, but they all need to have the daylights revved out of thim as importluva says in order for them to get a move on, SPECIALLY the s2k. read the Supra vs 3000gt thread, this whole discussion is talked about over there. so i wont say anything else about that (i even wrote a small explanation on some of the cars in that category, sorry for not writing up the sti and evo, but they r in teh same class).

as for the whole supra and crx thing, AGAIN, just so nobody complains that they didnt see it, it was an EXAMPLE. in fact, the thing i was comparing was the engine swap, not the overall performance of both cars. in no moment did i ever say "oh the supra is faster blah blah blah", i was talking about the engine swap, AND ONLY THE ENGINE SWAP. clear enough? better be.

btw, i agree on the whole fanboi comment thing, the way the NSX was defended was trully a fanboi way.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote