Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #46
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Nah that won't happen anytime soon I think GReddy makes an aftermarket TT kit for the 350Z Engine, so Nissan should'nt proove any reason to release a Z33 witha TT unless its a Nismo X-Tune or something?

According to 350z owners (yes, i browse nissan forums) the Z cant handle the amount of psi like say the Evo. I think it maxes out at 10psi (could be wrong) but whatever it is, its prety low and gains aint that much. The current engine simply cant handle it, or so i hear. Thats why its so important for nissan to release their own version with an updated bulletproof engine for the Z.
I assure you that the VQ35DE, with aftermarket products from Stillen/GReddy/JWT(Jim Wolf Tehcnologies)/and Nismo, can support more than 10psi. The Nissan VQ35DE(350Z Version) is a fairly new engine. Nissan needs not to remake an engine that they allready use in over 3 of its models and that has had millions of dollars into developing. Nissan owners need to shell out money to GReddy and Nismo for aditional upgrages. Of course the engine has not been proven to go above certain psi ranges, and thats because the time has not been taken to experiment on the engine. But again I assure you Nismo and Greddy are well on the job. Soon enough the VQ35DE shall pack enough punch to take on its littler brother the VG30DETT, and there is no point in comparing the 4G63 to a VQ35DE, we all know the 4G63 has incredible room for psi. No need to even state that comparison

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #47
importluva
Obsessed with imports

The maximum when it comes to boost is "tune, tune, tune." No matter what boost level you are running, a poor tune can create dangerous detonation conditions. The most important thing to consider is who is tuning the car, how good they are, and how they are tuning the car. This should be the most important part.

Assuming good tuning, advertised safe boost levels vary. As you already know, the Greddy kit comes stock at 5.6 PSI. Most people are seeing 350-370 RWHP at this boost level. If you delete the stock Greddy map on their e-manage that comes with the kit and create your own, you can push the boost higher. Some have tested 6.5 PSI with custom tuning and maps. They of course are seeing better numbers, but we do not yet know how safe this is.

As for super chargers, the two big kits (ATI and Vortech) are both pushing 7 PSI at the top end. This also seems to be safe and they are producing numbers similar to the Greddy kit. One person I know of has pushed their ATI kit to 12 PSI I believe, but he has a heavily modified fuel system, a custom ECU map, and I think upgraded rods and pistons (not sure on this last bit).

There are dished-out 8.5:1 compression pistons available. Some people are currently in the process of using these pistons with the Greddy kit, but I am not sure if they have finished tuning. In any case, with a lower compression, you theoretically can run higher boost.

At any rate, think most about how it is tuned. Start with a stock kit and the map that comes with it. Tune it in gradually and watch all your variables (exhaust temp, A/F ration, fuel pressure, etc.). What some have noticed is that the fuel pump and possibly the injectors will need to be replaced to maintain a safe tune. Also of considerable import is the ignition timing. The ATI and Greddy kits do not come with any method for tuning your timing. You may very well need to buy extra parts to control the timing. It appears to be a critical part of a good tune when boosting a 350Z.

Thanks to peptidbond at 350zmotoring for the above info.

There is no way they can push even 10psi from the Greddy TT kit, the car can't handle it. As he said, anything above the stock 5.6psi is dubious in safety.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #48
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
The maximum when it comes to boost is "tune, tune, tune." No matter what boost level you are running, a poor tune can create dangerous detonation conditions. The most important thing to consider is who is tuning the car, how good they are, and how they are tuning the car. This should be the most important part.

Assuming good tuning, advertised safe boost levels vary. As you already know, the Greddy kit comes stock at 5.6 PSI. Most people are seeing 350-370 RWHP at this boost level. If you delete the stock Greddy map on their e-manage that comes with the kit and create your own, you can push the boost higher. Some have tested 6.5 PSI with custom tuning and maps. They of course are seeing better numbers, but we do not yet know how safe this is.

As for super chargers, the two big kits (ATI and Vortech) are both pushing 7 PSI at the top end. This also seems to be safe and they are producing numbers similar to the Greddy kit. One person I know of has pushed their ATI kit to 12 PSI I believe, but he has a heavily modified fuel system, a custom ECU map, and I think upgraded rods and pistons (not sure on this last bit).

There are dished-out 8.5:1 compression pistons available. Some people are currently in the process of using these pistons with the Greddy kit, but I am not sure if they have finished tuning. In any case, with a lower compression, you theoretically can run higher boost.

At any rate, think most about how it is tuned. Start with a stock kit and the map that comes with it. Tune it in gradually and watch all your variables (exhaust temp, A/F ration, fuel pressure, etc.). What some have noticed is that the fuel pump and possibly the injectors will need to be replaced to maintain a safe tune. Also of considerable import is the ignition timing. The ATI and Greddy kits do not come with any method for tuning your timing. You may very well need to buy extra parts to control the timing. It appears to be a critical part of a good tune when boosting a 350Z.

Thanks to peptidbond at 350zmotoring for the above info.

There is no way they can push even 10psi from the Greddy TT kit, the car can't handle it. As he said, anything above the stock 5.6psi is dubious in safety.

My god, spare me with your banter. I just got through reading a 10 page magazine article about this. I think the actual manufactures would know what the hell they are talking about, seeing as that they do the testing on the engines. If they don't raise the boost they simply work with what they have. My above statments stands irreguardless to your logical or mechanical reasonings. I have no reason to lie I simply transfered from paper to computer...

Last edited by DSMer : 06-19-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #49
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I assure you that the VQ35DE, with aftermarket products from Stillen/GReddy/JWT(Jim Wolf Tehcnologies)/and Nismo, can support more than 10psi.

The above is not true. Even 10 psi is not safe acc. to Greddy, thats what i proved with the quote from my previous post. You need to read properly.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:32 AM   #50
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
The above is not true. Even 10 psi is not safe acc. to Greddy, thats what i proved with the quote from my previous post. You need to read properly.

I was going off your original guestimate for 10, not my own numbers. Had you of said 12 I would have replied the same thing...its actually half and a little bit of 10. Somwhere in the arcticle it stated that they went above normal ranges(hence me saying they could do more than 10psi since you suggested it in the first place). The aftermarket performance products pushed the number to 5.5-7psi. So again as I said. The Performace products did infact raise it above by a 1/10 of a whole. Marginal, but still raised it.. besides I listed more companys than just GReddy...

Last edited by DSMer : 06-20-2004 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:07 AM   #51
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I was going off your original guestimate for 10, not my own numbers. Had you of said 12 I would have replied the same thing...its actually half and a little bit of 10. Somwhere in the arcticle it stated that they went above normal ranges(hence me saying they could do more than 10psi since you suggested it in the first place). The aftermarket performance products pushed the number to 5.5-7psi. So again as I said. The Performace products did infact raise it above by a 1/10 of a whole. Marginal, but still raised it.. besides I listed more companys than just GReddy...

Bottom line is, for a the TT kit, 5.6 is the max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. For the supercharger, 7psi is max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. The higher boost levels demand change in fuel systems, and even then, its not going to be 19psi like the evo, more like 10-12.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:54 AM   #52
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Bottom line is, for a the TT kit, 5.6 is the max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. For the supercharger, 7psi is max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. The higher boost levels demand change in fuel systems, and even then, its not going to be 19psi like the evo, more like 10-12.

Thats was long and uneeded. I was'nt just talking about the TT kit, you were. I believe I listed several companys and said their "products". Not just forced induction kits. N then in the end you sit here and agree that its "more like 10-12 psi". . Is'nt that whats I stated the first time round? ,and stating that these cars need a better fuel system to increase boost is just going along with my original statment. Again my orignial statment stands.

Quote:
I assure you that the VQ35DE, with aftermarket products from Stillen/GReddy/JWT(Jim Wolf Tehcnologies)/and Nismo, can support more than 10psi.

Even if its not safe 10psi have been acheived, does'nt matter if its proved safe or not, it still can do it with the help of such companys products..

Old 06-20-2004, 05:12 AM   #53
importluva
Obsessed with imports

!!

Thats was long and uneeded. I was'nt just talking about the TT kit, you were. I believe I listed several companys

Incl Greddy and Stillen who make kits for the Z dumbass

and said their "products". Not just forced induction kits.

F/I kits are their products dumbass. Anything other than forced induction don't achieve gains for the Z anyway dumbass. they are irrelevant.

N then in the end you sit here and agree that its "more like 10-12 psi".

That are not endorsed by the said companies and people have chose to do it at own risk dumbass. obviously these people are experienced and have made many other modifications to the car. im not talking about any other mods, just how much boost the Z can handle right out of the box dumbass

Even if its not safe 10psi have been acheived, does'nt matter if its proved safe or not, it still can do it with the help of such companys products..

Such a stupid comment dumbass. Safety is a must. You cant do crap with a blown engine, safe levels of boost must be observed dumbass. again, im only talking about the f/i, not fuel management mods/other mods.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:21 AM   #54
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Anything other than forced induction don't achieve gains for the Z anyway dumbass. they are irrelevant.

Ever heard of an exhaust or a cold air intake, how about an intake header? Valves? Pistons? Cam gears? How about a whole myriad of performance products that don't even touch the forced induction category?.... Right No gain what so ever, and I wonder how they stay in business or even bother selling those products since they presend no gain....(This probably has to be one of your dumbest comments).

Quote:
That are not endorsed by the said companies and people have chose to do it at own risk dumbass. obviously these people are experienced and have made many other modifications to the car. im not talking about any other mods, just how much boost the Z can handle right out of the box dumbass

You were talking about right out the box... even if you were, we were talking about aftermarket performance. So if you're talking about a stock 350Z you're aiming in the wrong direction buddy..
Quote:
Bottom line is, for a the TT kit, 5.6 is the max safe boost

Right, out the box huh, seems like you're talking about a TT kit to me? Since when do cars come in boxes? ( No thats not an expression, it means right out the box) <- just ribbing you on dat one.

Quote:
Such a stupid comment dumbass. Safety is a must. You cant do crap with a blown engine, safe levels of boost must be observed dumbass. again, im only talking about the f/i, not fuel management mods/other mods.

Who said anything about saftey. Z33's have been run at "unsafe" ammounts of boost. Heart surgery was considered "unsafe" before it was studied. Just because it its'nt proven to be safe to the general public does'nt mean it is'nt safe.. Irregaurdless to saftey, 10+ psi has been acheived..
Quote:
The higher boost levels demand change in fuel systems,

And since your not talking about fuel managment maybe you should stop speaking about it, since you're not talking about it. When its obviously clear that you keep bringing fuel managment up.. Oh maybe aftermarket fuel managment is one of those things that don't give any gain to the Z33? I wonder why they even bother selling products for it?

Again as I said the Z33/350Z can and is possible of supporting 10psi. It has been done by very tallented individuals with aftermarket performance products. As I said before and will say again, it has been done and it works for those individuals. 10psi is possible and functional, wheter you condone it unsafe or some global corporation. That was my point and I did'nt even need to prove it, you did it for me..

Quote:
One person I know of has pushed their ATI kit to 12 PSI I believe, but he has a heavily modified fuel system, a custom ECU map, and I think upgraded rods and pistons

Old 06-20-2004, 05:37 PM   #55
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Ever heard of an exhaust or a cold air intake, how about an intake header? Valves? Pistons? Cam gears? How about a whole myriad of performance products that don't even touch the forced induction category?.... Right No gain what so ever, and I wonder how they stay in business or even bother selling those products since they presend no gain....(This probably has to be one of your dumbest comments).

No, its your dumbest comment. The Z has little gains from nearly all that you listed above, as i already said. The surest, cheapest, and most logical way to get hp gains in the Z is through F/I. You dont seem to know anything about this car, so stop making yourself look bad already.

You were talking about right out the box... even if you were, we were talking about aftermarket performance. So if you're talking about a stock 350Z you're aiming in the wrong direction buddy..

How stupid can one get? Im talking about no other mods besides the TT/Sc kits dumbass. W/o mods to the fuel system, the Z cant handle high psi. Thats the bottom line. Ive said this so many times already.

Who said anything about saftey. Z33's have been run at "unsafe" ammounts of boost.

I know that no mod is 100% safe, but running more psi than what the manuf. recommend is asking for danger, possibly death. Even if YOU dont consider safety important, I do.

Arguing with you is so difficult, you always keep going off on something else.

And since your not talking about fuel managment maybe you should stop speaking about it, since you're not talking about it. When its obviously clear that you keep bringing fuel managment up.. Oh maybe aftermarket fuel managment is one of those things that don't give any gain to the Z33? I wonder why they even bother selling products for it?

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. I know fuel management is a useful mod, thats not my point. W/o considering fuel management or any other mods, the Z cant handle high psi w/ regard to safety.

Again as I said the Z33/350Z can and is possible of supporting 10psi. It has been done by very tallented individuals with aftermarket performance products. As I said before and will say again, it has been done and it works for those individuals. 10psi is possible and functional, wheter you condone it unsafe or some global corporation. That was my point and I did'nt even need to prove it, you did it for me

Whatever man, im getting sick of arguing with you. You dont understand a thing i say, you change subjects and go somewhere else, i quit
Old 06-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #56
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

...dont make me get out the ruler you guys... or would time out in the corner be a more prefered option
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #57
SuperJew
I like pie.

looks like importluva needs one of these...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #58
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

I COME BACK TO CF AFTER A LITTLE BREAK AND WHAT DO I SEE?....DSMer DOIN' WHAT HIS GOOD AT!

sorry bro but its like what ever you say, starts a fight! keep a cool one dude (american slang agen )

that Rex is nice btw

haha, wot a sig u got now! i like it
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:42 AM   #59
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Good lookin out SJ. Thanks

WeaponR, have you taken a liking for the WRX, i see it in your sig.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #60
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

you see Importluva, i like all cars, specialy asian imports! so any car which i see whether it is a Mitsu, Subaru, Honda, BMW, Dodge, woteva but the car looks great, performance is absolutely top ass and is wicked overall, deserves credit! i don't hate the WRX but when it comes face-to-face with the Evo VIII, the better car gets the credit!

the reason you see the WRX on my sig is becuase this bad-ass puppy makes 384 hp with only 22 psi on street gas (no NOS) but was later on upgraded to the sickest of the packages, the ESX 740 which will get the car to run low 9's on the quarter! the ESX 740 package can also handle up to 42 psi of boost which some would say is 'out of this world'!

that explain what a motor this WRX is?
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote