torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Well its about damn time, they've been really slackin in my opinion
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I think they've been making changes, and might be able to make it, but they need to try something more drastic..something like Hondas, which burn a lot less, instead of making more models of Hummers, because alot of the Honda dealerships around here are starting to empty out...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

GM will be around long after all of us have croaked. They may have to trim some fat, but they are still selling a lot of cars. Supposedly they are investing tons of money and resources in the Asian market. By the end of the century they will have the second largest auto market. If there is any company to be worried about, it's Mitsubishi.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
GM will be around long after all of us have croaked. They may have to trim some fat, but they are still selling a lot of cars. Supposedly they are investing tons of money and resources in the Asian market. By the end of the century they will have the second largest auto market. If there is any company to be worried about, it's Mitsubishi.

GM's got a 30% chance of bankrupcy...they don't have to trim some fat, to get back on their feet, they'll need Richard Simmons
Old 10-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016

What GM needs to do is get back the truck market that is going to all the newcomers (Toyota and Nissan). As they expand their lines and update them timely GM lags severly behind. Ford is still the king of 1/2 tons and if GM wants to really bounce back they need to claim that crown. At this rate GM is worse off than Mitsubishi (mitsubishi has Daimler/Chrysler to fall back on). GM's stocks are falling faster than Bill Clinton's pants did when Monica was around. GM needs to cut the pork in their brands, about 75% is made up of vehicles that are the same thing basically in another GM brand...

GM's stocks have already fallen 36% in this year alone, that's absymal. While I really dont care for GM, and probably will never own one, they control quite a bit of Subaru now, and I love Subaru. So GM, dont 'F it up.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote