Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2003, 06:36 AM   #1
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

I got a 1983 nissan pickup that has a bad hesitation. The hesitation is right off a idle. My truck has a 2.2 motor with a 2 barrel carb. Not to help any thing i let it set for some time be for this happened. SO if any one could help me i would greatly appreciate it. :?
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4x4man
I got a 1983 nissan pickup that has a bad hesitation. The hesitation is right off a idle. My truck has a 2.2 motor with a 2 barrel carb. Not to help any thing i let it set for some time be for this happened. SO if any one could help me i would greatly appreciate it. :?

Well, well, well. Some of us here could probably help but... You've come on here a few times before asking for help or information. Unfortunately you never seem to find the time to acknowledge the info you receive or give any feedback on if it was helpful or not.

Nobody here gets paid to dole out information (that I know of). The only satisfaction we get is knowing that we helped somebody out. So when you show a willingness to do your part, I've already proven I'm willing to do mine.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
Im sorry about not leting everyone know i tend to space stuff alot. Im glad you was nice about the wrongs I have done and ill try to b more polite. Sorry to make you mad VWHOBO .
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #4
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast
 
Widowmaker2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 166
Re: Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
[
Nobody here gets paid to dole out information (that I know of). The only satisfaction we get is knowing that we helped somebody out. So when you show a willingness to do your part, I've already proven I'm willing to do mine.

Wait....you're not getting paid??
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:35 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: Needing help fixing a hesitation on a nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4x4man
I got a 1983 nissan pickup that has a bad hesitation. The hesitation is right off a idle. My truck has a 2.2 motor with a 2 barrel carb. Not to help any thing i let it set for some time be for this happened. SO if any one could help me i would greatly appreciate it. :?

1. Get the old gas out and new gas in.

2. Check the ignition basics (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)

3. Check for a frozen distributor vacuum advance.

4. Check for proper accelerator pump operation.

If that doesn't do it let me know.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 07:23 AM   #6
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
Well i tryed that stuff VWHOBO but i didnt do one of them..... I dont know how to test the distributor vacum advance. Can you tell me how i can go about that ?? I have never had a motor like this so im kinda off to trying to find out the problems. This motor is a 4 banger with 8 plugs hummm ok.... i dont understand that :? . I'm glad your not still mad at me VWHOBO .
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4x4man
Well i tryed that stuff VWHOBO but i didnt do one of them..... I dont know how to test the distributor vacum advance. Can you tell me how i can go about that ?? I have never had a motor like this so im kinda off to trying to find out the problems. This motor is a 4 banger with 8 plugs hummm ok.... i dont understand that :? . I'm glad your not still mad at me VWHOBO .

Look in your repair manual. You do have a manual, don't you?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 05:27 AM   #8
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
Um no i dont would it help me to buy on of the chiltons books for it ?
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 01:17 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4x4man
Um no i dont would it help me to buy on of the chiltons books for it ?

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious. A Haynes would probably be better though.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:10 AM   #10
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
OK. Thanks for your help ill try to get one soon. Your one nice dude 8) .
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.